Sources: NCAA Rules Committee Outlaws Fake Slide After Kenny Pickett's Viral Play

Advertisement
What a joke. It was a brilliant play by the legend.

What are they gonna outlaw next? Pat Mahomes’ no-look pass? The fake spike? Ridiculous.
You can't have all the rules slanted your way then start doing this ****ery. Faking running out of bounds and fake sliding is a loophole that needed closed asap. It's already impossible to tackle and play defenses. Personal foul and back that **** up.

Last edited:
Advertisement
You can't have all the rules slanted your way then start doing this ****ery. Faking running out of bounds and fake sliding is a loophole that needed closed asap. It's already impossible to tackle and play defenses. Personal foul and back then **** up.
I’m a huge “let them play” guy, but you can’t tilt the targeting rules this far in favor of the offense and then let QB’s exploit it like this.

And btw if Kenny Pickett did that to Amari Carter he’d be pulling a Willis McGahee and planning to rehab a knee in the pros.

You can't have all the rules slanted your way then start doing this ****ery. Faking running out of bounds and fake sliding is a loophole that needed closed asap. It's already impossible to tackle and play defenses. Personal foul and back that **** up.

Yeah, I get the feeling football is going to do what basketball has done; eliminate as much physicality as possible, and put people to sleep because, "OMG look at all the points they are scoring!"

Advertisement
In typical ACCN fashion they had that as one of their top 5 offensive plays of the year. Always have their finger on the pulse over there:

In typical ACCN fashion they had that as one of their top 5 offensive plays of the year. Always have their finger on the pulse over there:

Can’t argue with those. And Brinson’s catch was in there too. I might have added Hartley’s deflection TD catch against FSU…..

This!

What are they gonna outlaw next? Pat Mahomes’ no-look pass? The fake spike? Ridiculous.
Theres no flag involved in those plays. If you hit the qb during a slide. 15yds. It's quite a simple concept really.

Advertisement
They need to address the fake out of bounds move too. I've never seen the Pickett fake slide before but I see players fake going out of bounds several times a season. A defender doesn't dare push them out of bounds to make sure because more often than not, it will get flagged.

Excellent move outlawing this. They've already messed the game up enough with too many crazy rules handcuffing defenses. The sh*t has to stop somewhere. Offenses. ESPECIALLY qbs can't have it both ways.

I’m all for protecting players but if you’re going to fake a slide and score, you deserve what’s coming to you. If I’m a defender, I’ll send that message. Can’t have it both ways.

Advertisement
I’m all for protecting players but if you’re going to fake a slide and score, you deserve what’s coming to you. If I’m a defender, I’ll send that message. Can’t have it both ways.
And that’s totally fair, imo.

Ok,
1. I HATE THE NCAA RULES COMMITTEE!

There’s that.
2. That fake slide was gangster
3. When you make the NCAA rules committee implement a new rules or add language to an existing rule……. U are dat dude!

Miami as a team had those ?@&$ers combing through the rule book weekly back in the day, and we are on our way back.

Go CANES!

They need to address the fake injury. If a players fakes and injury he needs to sit out the series and the next. And if it is determined they are doing it purposely they should get a 15 yd penalty either way and lose a time out.

Anybody got any other ideas to address it?

But they can't do anything with targeting or injury TO's...
First thing that came to my mind. The faked injuries must be addressed. Make the idiot, I mean injured player, sit out the rest of the drive, maybe more. I mean we need to take the player's health seriously, right? Riiiight?

Advertisement
Back