Soooo, Edge.....

Seriously, couldn’t Little E be a preferred walk-on at the U? Dad has $$$ and at worst LE could play special teams. Heck no one runs kick-offs back anymore......PR gold and we get our own version a “consultant “.....

Advertisement
I was 16 years old... went to that game fully expecting we would lose... turns out it was one of the greatest games I ever witnessed.

Your are 100% correct watch every run he bounces off the 1st man everytime.

I know this thread is about Edge, but how **** good was Najeh before his knee injury? He wasn’t too shabby afterwards but had he not missed almost all of the following season he might have had had huge numbers...

I was 16 years old... went to that game fully expecting we would lose... turns out it was one of the greatest games I ever witnessed.

a few things

- man I ******* loved Santana Moss at the U. He and Devin Hester are my 2 all-time favorite Canes.

- kills me seeing Butch doing that interview after the game and then knowing he'd be gone a few years later. He would have went down in the history books had he stayed at Miami. Saban type number of Nattys if he stays in CG.

College football was better on all levels then. Nice to think schools like UCLA, KSU, and Tenn had a shot.

I remember reading an article bout Edge and how he was a great basketball player, would go out bowling after playing an NFL game, and only slept about 4 hours a night. What a freak, in every possible good way. Athletes like that just don’t come around too often. I’d love to see his son play at UM and have Edge basically working for free as a consultant (or whatever you call it) with the running backs. Learning from. HOFer? Unbelievable

Advertisement
a few things

- man I ******* loved Santana Moss at the U. He and Devin Hester are my 2 all-time favorite Canes.

- kills me seeing Butch doing that interview after the game and then knowing he'd be gone a few years later. He would have went down in the history books had he stayed at Miami. Saban type number of Nattys if he stays in CG.
So would Jimmy. And Howard. We really lost some golden opportunities

Ahhhh the days of the west end zone. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was a hot day and Edge was pushing their faces in after every run. It seemed like he would never run out of gas that day.

Advertisement
Ahhhh the days of the west end zone. I remember that day like it was yesterday. It was a hot day and Edge was pushing their faces in after every run. It seemed like he would never run out of gas that day.
I stayed in my dorm room that day because I was hung over and Syracuse had destroyed us the game before and UCLA was #1. I wasn't going to go and watch us get stomped. And then I had to watch all of that unfold on my tiny little dorm-room tv. One of my regrets from my time at UM.

2022 RB Eden James recieved a non committalable offer by UM back in January. His other offers that are more realistic are Indiana and Wake Forest.

Go Canes

He needs to walk on, and then if Thad gets skittish, we give Eden a scholarship in Year 2.

Advertisement
A question for you guys down there that have seen him and seen him play.

is he good enough to take a scholarship and play in the RB room we are putting together.

‘I love Edge and what he’s done and meant for the U but I also loved Michael Irvin,Frank Gore,Ray Lewis and others who have had sons or relatives that came of age and weren’t good enough to play here.I’d love to have Edge around the program just like I did Ray and Michael when their sons signed but just because the father is/was a HOFer doesn’t mean the son will be.

so having said all that is he worthy of a scholarship talent wise and not because he is related to one of our all-time greats ??

not trying to be negative in any way just asking for a knowledgeable opinion about LE’s talent..

congrats Edge......

And to Luke
go fuck yourself middle finger GIF by IFC

edgerrin ran like a crocodile. talk about hard to tackle.
Loved his running style. Remember a discussion at work with a Texas grad and he couldn’t believe there was an underclass man from the U who might be drafted ahead of his vaunted Ricky Williams. At least that’s the scenario I remember.
Look at them now.

Advertisement
A question for you guys down there that have seen him and seen him play.

is he good enough to take a scholarship and play in the RB room we are putting together.

‘I love Edge and what he’s done and meant for the U but I also loved Michael Irvin,Frank Gore,Ray Lewis and others who have had sons or relatives that came of age and weren’t good enough to play here.I’d love to have Edge around the program just like I did Ray and Michael when their sons signed but just because the father is/was a HOFer doesn’t mean the son will be.

so having said all that is he worthy of a scholarship talent wise and not because he is related to one of our all-time greats ??

not trying to be negative in any way just asking for a knowledgeable opinion about LE’s talent..
Unfortunately we missed on at least one of the most promising sons, Andre Carter, who wouldn’t leave California. That one hurt.

Advertisement
Back