Soo..Did anyone go to the practice today ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's going to be incredibly important for Morris to come back healthy. I also wonder if Golden goes after 2 QBs this year.

It's going to be incredibly important for Morris to come back healthy. I also wonder if Golden goes after 2 QBs this year.

If the right ones come along like Olsen and maybe someone similar, I definitely think thats a possibility. I know people like our depth but there's no way we should be satisfied with what we have. Depending on sanctions though, Golden has always talked about having 5 QB's.

Crawford looks like a playmaker at WR, has good hands and quickness. Dorsett has kicked it up a notch. Kirby made a nice play jumping a route in the flat and could of had a pick. Williams looked alright at QB, they kept it pretty simple as far as routes and play calls as you would imagine for the second practice of spring.

I'll say one thing and then just let it be. In 1999, I was fortunate enough to watch Ken Dorsey practice. I remember coming away from that practice thinking he lacked physical tools (arm strength and mobility). Today, I left thinking the same thing. Physically, Williams doesn't have it. His anticipation is good, but not great.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, just merely posting what I saw today.

Advertisement
I'll say one thing and then just let it be. In 1999, I was fortunate enough to watch Ken Dorsey practice. I remember coming away from that practice thinking he lacked physical tools (arm strength and mobility). Today, I left thinking the same thing. Physically, Williams doesn't have it. His anticipation is good, but not great.

I'm not trying to insinuate anything, just merely posting what I saw today.

Our team isnt on the 99 squads level yet... Dorsey lacked the physical tools but he had an awesome squad... But I will also give him credit for holding it down in the midst of a bunch of superstars... He was a leader... They all went hand and hand... I think Williams is in a different situation...

Fishbein has been pretty adamant that all of this Williams praise is downright ridiculous. Has basically said that if Williams is our starting QB that we are in bigtime trouble.

I dont know anything about Williams other than seeing some HS video but I have to imagine that ^^^^^^ is true. if he is our QB we are in trouble. Morris doesn't really make me thrilled either.

Advertisement
We get that defense fixed, running game going, and improve on turnovers/penalties, we don't need "great" quarterback play. Just need a signal caller who gets the ball where it needs to be.

Advertisement
Back