Sony Michel and Chubb coming back

The Iceman

Freshman
ATHENS — Georgia has received some stunning, but extremely good, news when it comes to next year’s team.

Star tailbacks Nick Chubb and Sony Michel will return for their senior years, head coach Kirby Smart announced after Thursday’s bowl practice. Both are juniors who were mulling entering the NFL draft.

Outside linebackers Lorenzo Carter and Davin Bellamy also announced they were returning.

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/breaking-georgia-stars-announce-theyll-return-next-year

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's dumb for Chubb. No way I'm coming back after that horrible injury he suffered just over a year ago. I got's to go get paid, if I'm him.

That's dumb for Chubb. No way I'm coming back after that horrible injury he suffered just over a year ago. I got's to go get paid, if I'm him.

Well, if he's getting hurt next year, he probably would've got hurt in the NFL also, why not get a degree and not be empty-handed in case you get hurt.

If he stay healthy, he's getting paid big time next year!

What's dumb is Michel to comeback and continue to be Chubb's b****.

Advertisement
Not sure if he can coach, but Kirby Smart is a prodigious recruiter.

Top 3 recruiting class, and gets those studs to come back. That takes talent.

I think it's a risk worth taking for Chubb. He didn't play great this year and the draft is STACKED at RB more than any other year, ever. If he balls out, he leads the pack in the 2018 draft.

Advertisement
Totally schooled that all four those players returning. My source totally busted on those calls.

As I mentioned couple days ago Shaquille Wilson transferring and could possibly get two Juco Qtra in and be available in fall if CMR wanted him as depth at WR, also tough ST player. Also Rico McGraw and Juwan Briscoe DBs both transfer renting , 4 stars out of HS thT CMR really liked. Will see what interest he has now.

Not sure if he can coach, but Kirby Smart is a prodigious recruiter.

Top 3 recruiting class, and gets those studs to come back. That takes talent.

Not sure what Carter and Smith two top ten RBs in country are going think about sitting on bench next year, with these two returning and two more stars in wings already.

Well, if he's getting hurt next year, he probably would've got hurt in the NFL also, why not get a degree and not be empty-handed in case you get hurt.

I hear what you're saying man, but if he gets hurt next year in the NFL, he's in the NFL, which means he's getting paid! He gets hurt at UGA.... well, he's just hurt at UGA. No cash. Insurance policy? Whatever! Still ain't NFL money. He's taking a BIG risk.

Advertisement

I hear what you're saying man, but if he gets hurt next year in the NFL, he's in the NFL, which means he's getting paid! He gets hurt at UGA.... well, he's just hurt at UGA. No cash. Insurance policy? Whatever! Still ain't NFL money. He's taking a BIG risk.

Getting paid 4-5th round money, gets cuts after 1-2 years, go work at WalMart for the rest of his life.

Even if he's hurt next year, would probably still get drafted in the 6th round, like Lattimore a couple of years, gets cuts or retires after 1-2 years, can get a job with his degree or continue in school with the NFL money.

Is it a risk? For sure. But if he stays healthy, which would not be a surprise considering he was pretty healthy this year, he's getting picked in the 1st round in 2018.

Advertisement
Back