Something to consider

I can actually speak with a degree of inside knowledge when it comes to this. My father in-law is a big booster up there. And yes, fisher was close to getting run out of town had at the end of last year and had this season not gone well. Also, to add, prior to this year, fisher was 1-4 against top ten teams, with the lone triumph being a 49-37 shootout win over Clemson at home in 2012.
Fisher had five losses while the Seminoles were ranked and the opponent wasn’t: NC State and UNC in 2010; Wake Forest and Virginia in 2011; NC State in 2012. Just to keep things on perspective. The success of their qb this year made all the difference. Offensively.
Defensively, oddly enough, is where I think he should get more credit and, again words from up north, he does. He brought stoops, loaded that side with horses, and let him be. When stoops and the entire staff left, they didn't miss a beat. Instead he again brought a young aggressive minded guy WITH NO PREVIOuS college coordinator experience, changed from a base 4-3 to a Bama one gap 3-4 and let him be as well. All this with losing a ton of players to the nfl along with the aforementioned staff.

I stand corrected....

Advertisement
jimbo got a full staff to control **** right on the team. Coley to me needs a qb who wont **** up and an offensive line that stays aggressive and wants to run ****** over which he doesn't have. D has to get the **** out but like Auburn, Texas, USC and many others a coaching/philosophy change can make a team great. Just remember where auburn was last year

As a side note, something by that would go horribly bad at this time and say after the Vtech and duke losses, but every week fisher's radio show allows for fans to stand up and ask questions to him live. Bowden's was more controlled where big booster like my in-law only asked questions. Here jimbo opened it up since he took over.

lipstick on a pig is still a fuggin pig.

I am all Cane, I was up there in the stands at the joke.com bowl, and will be in the stands next year for season tickets; however, don't put lipstick on the fuggin pig.

Advertisement
Here's something else to consider:

In Al's 3 years here, he is just 1-12 against teams with 8 wins or more. That one win is against Georgia Tech in 2011. He has a chance to increase that record to 2-12 if Georgia Tech beats Ole Miss in their bowl game.

/babysteps

/Its a process.

Wait Jimbo is a good coach now? His "1st round" Qb's are horrendous. Absolutely atrocious. He got a insanely talented QB and his riding his **** for as long as he can. He didnt win **** without Winston in the ****ties conference on the planet.

Again, defense is what counts and Winston does not play on that side of the ball. They give up like 6 points per game with the starters in. Defense is what matters most, and that is what FSU has.

You people amaze me. If Fisher was down here, we would have different players than we have and also different coaches than we have and would be replacing them in state dominance.

No. Their offense suffocates people and forces them into predictable situations. They score at will forcing teams to change their game plan. Fisher is a great recruiter but he is not an elite coach by any means. He is nothing without Winston

Advertisement
Here's something else to consider:

In Al's 3 years here, he is just 1-12 against teams with 8 wins or more. That one win is against Georgia Tech in 2011. He has a chance to increase that record to 2-12 if Georgia Tech beats Ole Miss in their bowl game.

/babysteps

Ok, so let's play GT 11 times a year and win have a winner. Al's defense does work against Navy's offense, oops I mean GT's offense. Problem is those are about the figgin team in the counrty playing it.

Also. remember Jimbo was blessed with a bunch of his staff abandoning ship last year. He got better fresh blood. Hello, Al, see stablility is not what it is cracked up to be.

Personally, I think Jimbo Fisher is a good coach. Has he had some bad losses? Sure he has. So has everyone else. Fisher came in and changed things around at FSU. I remember Fishbein talking about one of the first things dude did was hire a nutritionist and completely overhaul FSU's S&C program. Seems to me the guy is pretty good at running a program. Don't let the erratic speech fool ya, that guy is far from a dummy like people on here would like to believe.

Personally, I think Jimbo Fisher is a good coach. Has he had some bad losses? Sure he has. So has everyone else. Fisher came in and changed things around at FSU. I remember Fishbein talking about one of the first things dude did was hire a nutritionist and completely overhaul FSU's S&C program. Seems to me the guy is pretty good at running a program. Don't let the erratic speech fool ya, that guy is far from a dummy like people on here would like to believe.

I always thought he was an overrated OC. For as much talent that those LSU teams had, their offenses were very pedestrian.

I always thought he was an overrated OC. For as much talent that those LSU teams had, their offenses were very pedestrian.

Funny thing is, I felt the same. In fact, I STILL feel the same way with regards to his time as an OC. With that said, you have had people in the past talking about they hope that Jimbo Fisher stays at FSU as if the guy is some type of clown or something. Sorry, but that cat is a good head coach. Would I call him the best of the best? Of course not, but I sure as heck won't say that him staying at FSU somehow benefits Miami either.

Advertisement
FSU had a lot of WTF? performances the past few years. This year, it's all come together for them.

Jimbo is actually a good coach, though.

even last year fsu fans were calling for his head though.

Now you're just making **** up.

He's not. I've lived in Tallahassee 2 years now and they were calling for his head after the UF game last year. **** some bloggers made some comments about maybe having a coach who is too worried about his sick son wasn't a good idea.

Watching some of their games last year, EJ manual was a QB like Morris. Big stats in games against week competition, in a big or close game awful. The Bills sure got trolled with all of the work outs he did. Just watch the game film and Manual is not very good. A good QB last year, and FSU probably makes BCS game like this year. I think Fisher missed the boat with him when going all in for his services and might have felt obligated to keep him in the line up. Kid looks like a physical stud, and plays like a scrub.

Advertisement
Jimbo is actually a good coach, though.

even last year fsu fans were calling for his head though.

Now you're just making **** up.

He's not. I've lived in Tallahassee 2 years now and they were calling for his head after the UF game last year. **** some bloggers made some comments about maybe having a coach who is too worried about his sick son wasn't a good idea.

Watching some of their games last year, EJ manual was a QB like Morris. Big stats in games against week competition, in a big or close game awful. The Bills sure got trolled with all of the work outs he did. Just watch the game film and Manual is not very good. A good QB last year, and FSU probably makes BCS game like this year. I think Fisher missed the boat with him when going all in for his services and might have felt obligated to keep him in the line up. Kid looks like a physical stud, and plays like a scrub.

It's the Bills, they are a troll themselves. It would not surprise me to see Stephen with his arm and speed go high...those last two quarterbacks from FSU were early picks, where are they now? anything is possible with teams like the Bills, Tampa and a few others that are annual clusters!

But back to the topic, we can turn this thing with this class. I know folks are saying no to Cook, but I would love to see him join the others and help us continue the turn.

Advertisement
Back