Something that Mario is doing that I really like...

Some kids want to leave home no matter how hard you recruit them. Remember, this works both ways. What better place to move TO than Miami?

More kids may stay home after establishing itself to the kids too young to have seen the former glory.

Advertisement
I think people are confusing the term "Locking down state of Miami". That doesnt mean get any and every kid locally (I.E., Ryan Mayes, Ricardo Williams. Kendall Thompkins types. There are alot more to speak of)...Those caliber of kids wont help us get back to upper echolen of college football. Locking down means locking down the BEST talent. Keeping kids like Hykeem Williams home. And getting on future 5* kids like TJ Capers, Jeremiah Smith, JoJo Trader and even Armando Blount EARLY so that they want to stay home. Thats locking down the "State of Miami".

Ohio State when Jim Tressel was there LOCKED DOWN that entire state. Any kid that was a 4-5* that Tressel wanted..forget about it. Dont even waste your time. They were going to Ohio State. Fred Davis is probably the only 5* kid that I can think of that left Ohio during that time. (went to USC and flamed out)

Thats what I want Mario to do. (or try. You wont get all of them) Get to the point where teams dont even waste resources. Just dont even put up a fight. If there is a high 4* or 5* kid in Dade, Broward or PB county and Mario wants him? Hes going to Miami. Done and done.
Exactly that’s what locking down the state of Miami really is
The ability to get whoever you really want not all of them

So what South Florida player has the green light right now?

Hykeem Williams
Andy Jean
Damon Wilson
Rueben Bain

Jalen Brown
Damari Brown
Chris Johnson

Anyone else?

Advertisement
Back