Something tells me we are getting Herman

anyone other than Butch is a HUGE mistake......this hire has to be the RIGHT guy....no midmajor whiz kids or experiments.

I feel u, cutty, but I would throw in Herman as well. I think Herman is killer. He or Butch would be out of sight.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Would love Herman which would be a great hire but I think it will be Butch which is fine as well

Herman would be fine with me if he didnt like the 3-4. The 3-4 can not be run here.

The 3-4 can be ran here.

Yes, anything is possible. But it takes too much out of state connections and recruiting. we would have to have a great connection in the dmv area and NE to pluck 3-4 talent.

when we could stop that issue altogether and use schemes fit for SoFla talent.... like the 4-3or 4-2-5.

We would so regret the herman hire once that 3-4 gets ran over for yet another 4 years.

yes, i know dorito runs a fluke version of it. And there are plenty of attacking and aggressive 3-4s out there.

But we need to stop trying to fit square pegs in round holes and go with what works. ****.

Advertisement
I think we need to look at the buyouts on these guys and what their current salaries are. Fuente is making 1.4M with a 500,000 buyout. Herman is making 1.35M with a 2.25M buyout. Not sure what MC's salary and buyout is but I'm sure it is cheap. Cheap being the key word here! There is none of that with Butch, which is another reason I see us getting Butch.

Lol at the 3-4 not running here. You guys don't get it, do you? Anyhow, we have no shot st Herman because of his buyot

Lol at the 3-4 not running here. You guys don't get it, do you? Anyhow, we have no shot st Herman because of his buyot

3-4 can work here but I disagree with you on the buyout. If they are paying upwards of 4 million (if the reports are correct), you give Herman a $3 million/4 year deal and can easily pay the buyout. Or they could do something like Jim McElwain and the Gates did, they paid for most and he was responsible for part of it if I remember ($7million total buyout)... give him $4 million/4 year and let him pay his own buyout. Or quit being cheap asses and pay $4 million and the buyout. It's possible.

Last edited:
Advertisement

3-4 can work here but I disagree with you on the buyout. If they are paying upwards of 4 million (if the reports are correct), you give Herman a $3 million/4 year deal and can easily pay the buyout. Or they could do something like Jim McElwain and the Gates did, they paid for most and he was responsible for part of it if I remember ($7million). Or give him $4 million/4 year and let him pay his own buyout. Or quit being cheap asses and pay $4 million and the buyout. It's possible.

Anything is possible but Herman's demand is sky high and what we offer will be on the lower side compared to what other schools will offer. There have been rumblings that UM is not interested in paying a buyout after having paid Ghoulden's.

3-4 can work here but I disagree with you on the buyout. If they are paying upwards of 4 million (if the reports are correct), you give Herman a $3 million/4 year deal and can easily pay the buyout. Or they could do something like Jim McElwain and the Gates did, they paid for most and he was responsible for part of it if I remember ($7million). Or give him $4 million/4 year and let him pay his own buyout. Or quit being cheap asses and pay $4 million and the buyout. It's possible.

Anything is possible but Herman's demand is sky high and what we offer will be on the lower side compared to what other schools will offer. There have been rumblings that UM is not interested in paying a buyout after having paid Ghoulden's.

It's high but it's not that out there. It's between us and USCe IMO, maybe Vtech. SS was making ~$4 million per year which is probably what they are willing to spend and what we are reportedly willing to spend. So it will come down to where Herman feels more comfortable at rather than money because neither school is going to pay him more the $4 million, he hasn't even earned that in my opinion. At the end of the day you can't compete with where a coach feels more comfortable.

I wish people would stop worrying about money. They're opening up the checkbooks with this hire. I think the BOT finally realized if we have a great product on the field, they will make more money then they originally spent.

Advertisement
I wish people would stop worrying about money. They're opening up the checkbooks with this hire. I think the BOT finally realized if we have a great product on the field, they will make more money then they originally spent.

You'd think they would have thought of this a while ago. The brand sells. They just need to invest the money in the right coach. They'll more than make their money back. I think the right coach gets 10k more per game minimum. The demand is there, just waiting on the coach.

2nd post is on point imho

USCe. Herman
Miami. Butch
USCw. Jackson / Whittingham
VPI. Fuente
Maryland. should grab Navy's coach but probably go w rhule
UVA. Withers
Illinois. Babers
Rutgers. Golden (yes. The greatest conman in sports will parlay us finishing w 8/9 wins into it)

Advertisement
Back