Something Manny drastically improved already this offseason

I don't agree, Roche and the Kicker i understand, because of their age and being 5th year grads. The rest are some of our best players and I don't see what they had to lose by coming back especially Brevin and a lesser extent Phillips. I am not even sure whats their projections.

Its good to see people coming back but when our best players start coming back then I will consider that fixed.
If you were a projected first rounder you would come back? What if you tear your acl? You came back just so supacane wasn’t mad at the head coach and now you lost millions.

Advertisement
Even during our glory years, players left early.
The fact that many are coming back is a good sign. But there will always be early entrants. Even Bama and Clemson lose players to the draft every year.

Kids like him. I don’t get why everyone thinks he’s hated
Because then they can’t use there corny a$$ catch phrases like , “Fish rots from the head down, bro!” or “Cut the head off the snake first bro!”...God forbid the kids actually like Manny and are buying into what he is trying to build.

Projecting much? You are the one who took a positive thread to feed your “believe in Diaz” agenda by using the players against those who don’t believe in him. This thread was going just fine until you chimed in.

Lol at Coker being the right hire.

If you were a projected first rounder you would come back? What if you tear your acl? You came back just so supacane wasn’t mad at the head coach and now you lost millions.
Every single player in the country has the chance of getting injured. When Bama and Clemson and Ohio St players come back...they face the same risk and they are performing better than our guys at the moment.

Advertisement
Every single player in the country has the chance of getting injured. When Bama and Clemson and Ohio St players come back...they face the same risk and they are performing better than our guys at the moment.

Dude some come back some leave early. It’s not rocket science.

Dude take your L and move on.
What L? U man have been hyping offseason platitudes for decades, and at one point I was one of them. Until u realize none of it means squat on game day. When our best players, that have had average production, start coming back, like Hankerson, Dorsett and Chad...instead of leaving like Kaaya, and Streeter etc. Then I will consider it changed and fixed. Punto. Thats how u build and get from average to winning a conference title, when players can recognize they still can get better. U man only talking bout injuries.

Its improved, but I wouldn’t say “massively”. He’s good at renting guys for a year through the portal, fine. And a few guys decide to stay, well and good. He makes yet more coaching changes, the proof of which is in the pudding. Credit him for recognizing deficiencies. He still hasnt proven that he can develop players and go out and beat a team thaats better than UM. So, there’s that. Call me cautiously optimistic, with a healthy dose of skepticism.

What we’ve seen in the recent past - and what many have *****ed about - is guys leaving early only to get drafted in the late rounds or be UDFA. How can those same complainers ***** about players making better decisions and deciding to return? Additionally, Nesta cited what Manny was building and wanted to remain a part of it.

That’s not to say Manny has turned the program around as of yet. But it should be a good sign that players are making better decisions when considering leaving before all their eligibility is used up.

Advertisement
It’s really great to see kids actually want to play football at Miami. It’s been 20 years since they haven’t all been in a rush to get out as fast as possible. If you’re complaining about Phillips and Jordan leaving, you’re just desperately looking for a reason to complain.

Players coming back for their final season. That says to me that, regardless of what some fans may say about Manny, players are buying into what he's selling. In the last few years, players like Lou Hedley, Jon Ford, Nesta Silvera, Bubba Bolden, and Mike Harley would have gone to the pros even without a high draft grade. Now they're coming back and it helps the team tremendously going into next year.

The players that did choose to leave (Brevin, Roche, Phillips, Borregales) all made a good decision IMO. Jury is still out on Manny as a regular season coach, but there's little denying that he's massively improved the squad over the last two offseasons. And I think that will help on the field.
What's all the hoopla about? Same players and Baker coming back= Same results as last year. Got to bring in fresh blood, both in players and coaches.

I think we're giving way too much credit to Manny for this. The credit should be split with Manny, King and Lashlee. This is the first time in a long time where these kids have something to come back for. We have a QB that can win and an offense that isn't inept and putting the defense in bad situations. How many would come back if King wasn't here or left? I mean Kaaya, Rosier, Perry and williams wouldn't make me think we're winning anything. Before that it was Morris, Harris, Marve, Freeman and Crudup. Sure Manny got King and Lashlee here but I don't think it's a huge culture change. This also could be a one year blip. I think King brought some much needed leadership to the team and that has more to do with it.

I think we're giving way too much credit to Manny for this. The credit should be split with Manny, King and Lashlee. This is the first time in a long time where these kids have something to come back for. We have a QB that can win and an offense that isn't inept and putting the defense in bad situations. How many would come back if King wasn't here or left? I mean Kaaya, Rosier, Perry and williams wouldn't make me think we're winning anything. Before that it was Morris, Harris, Marve, Freeman and Crudup. Sure Manny got King and Lashlee here but I don't think it's a huge culture change. This also could be a one year blip. I think King brought some much needed leadership to the team and that has more to do with it.

Some of you will come up with the most convoluted, logic defying reasons for not giving manny credit for anything.

It’s truly mind blowing.

Advertisement
You don’t see the irony in posting this in a thread literally talking about a kid coming back to improve his draft stock?

Phillips and Brevin made right call. Period. The end. You might not like it, but you’re wrong. And for the record, my selfish *** wanted them to stay too. Of course. But if they were my kids, you’d have been able to hear their tires screeching out of the gables from Pompano. They made the right call. Stop mentioning them. And so far, every other kid has too. That NEVER happens here. So keep it real.

They absolutely made the right decision. Those guys have earned it. Put the work in. Showed on field. Go get paid.

Manny is Coach of the year in the off season...and that's a good thing. He also came a few dropped balls from finishing 9-2 with losses to Clemson and NC...his team beat all the teams they should have beaten. Let's see if he can coach his team to a competitive game vs Alabama..nothing to lose...pull out the stops. we have 8 months to dream about IF we can pull off the upset...

Advertisement
BUMP

I'm a little late (saw my school get smacked in the state title game today) but with Jarrid Williams also choosing to come back, and the addition of Tyrique, I wanted to run this thread back

Advertisement
Back