Something Manny drastically improved already this offseason

If you can’t see that the culture is better under Manny with; transfers beggoing to come to UM and borderline NFL picks returning (not the case over the past 10 years), then you are either trying to be a contrarian or trying to be obtuse. This is not even a controversial position. That does not equate to Manny is a great coach or UM is winning the championship next year. It does equate to we have made progress and we are getting better. Baby steps, just like the book title (easy movie to guess).
whoa there wippersnapper ... rule #2 on this board, manny suks (from what i've been told)

Advertisement
LOL yeah the ones who believed in him were the ones lobbying for him to be the coach in 2001 because they knew they could coach themselves to a chip. And they were right.

Just saying, all everyone does on this board is **** and moan all day every single day, like any of it matters in the slightest, and while that’s going on here in fantasy land we’ve filled up our available spots with high quality transfers, a top 11 recruiting class, and multiple kids have signed on to run it back. In real life, people are putting their heads down and working. Something we should all be embracing. Not menstruating on this board every minute of the day.
Projecting much? You are the one who took a positive thread to feed your “believe in Diaz” agenda by using the players against those who don’t believe in him. This thread was going just fine until you chimed in.

Lol at Coker being the right hire.

Players coming back for their final season. That says to me that, regardless of what some fans may say about Manny, players are buying into what he's selling. In the last few years, players like Lou Hedley, Jon Ford, Nesta Silvera, Bubba Bolden, and Mike Harley would have gone to the pros even without a high draft grade. Now they're coming back and it helps the team tremendously going into next year.

The players that did choose to leave (Brevin, Roche, Phillips, Borregales) all made a good decision IMO. Jury is still out on Manny as a regular season coach, but there's little denying that he's massively improved the squad over the last two offseasons. And I think that will help on the field.
He’s an off season NC coach. Players coming back? I’d say has to do more with King than Manny

I don't agree, Roche and the Kicker i understand, because of their age and being 5th year grads. The rest are some of our best players and I don't see what they had to lose by coming back especially Brevin and a lesser extent Phillips. I am not even sure whats their projections.

Its good to see people coming back but when our best players start coming back then I will consider that fixed.
They both have had injuries bro
Tomorrow ain’t promised
They gotta go get that money

I am glad that so many are playing it out, imagine what could've been of the last two years the ones that left and either went low, went on drafted, or worse would've given us the depth we lacked. Depth is more than a game day thing, it improves preparation, JJ told his teams that the practice players were better than what they'd face on game day....next man up was great back then.

And Greg would've been huge for us this year...he wimped out.

Advertisement
If you can’t see that the culture is better under Manny with; transfers beggoing to come to UM and borderline NFL picks returning (not the case over the past 10 years), then you are either trying to be a contrarian or trying to be obtuse. This is not even a controversial position. That does not equate to Manny is a great coach or UM is winning the championship next year. It does equate to we have made progress and we are getting better. Baby steps, just like the book title (easy movie to guess).
I see the change in the culture when posters are using words like contrarian and obtuse in the same sentence, or at all. Just sayin’

The players that R leaving should leave..the players that R stay should stay...Manny is trying and succeeding at trying to introduce a Culture that We haven’t had since 01..02... and the guys R buying in..Trust N Manny he will do his Best at trying to bring the U back..YES he ****es me off too sometimes but I do believe he will get it right..it’s about the U baby

I don't agree, Roche and the Kicker i understand, because of their age and being 5th year grads. The rest are some of our best players and I don't see what they had to lose by coming back especially Brevin and a lesser extent Phillips. I am not even sure whats their projections.

Its good to see people coming back but when our best players start coming back then I will consider that fixed.
Phillips had to leave my dude has came back from such adversity no reason to Rick another injury go get paid

He needs to improve his D cord cut ties already al golden . Strong or even t rob at d cord is ****. Major up grade to Blake . Blake cost us the nc game the year before too . Fourth and forever we give a pro qb all day to throw it with the game on the line . Stop them game is over ,

Advertisement
Agree. I think this staff, from the outside looking in, has a good relationship with the players. And I even think that holds true in the recruiting territories and in the HS down here. They are building relationships with these kids early and seems to be rubbing off

Advertisement

Culture is def better under Manny becuz he's a "player's coach." Great to see more guys returning

But lets not act like there aren't two sides of the coin here. Manny as mr. players coach also shows too much favoritism to upperclassmen (mccloud getting playing time..., pope/wiggins/harley starting despite admitting **** work ethic..., etc.), not creating accountability around stupid penalties / un-discipline play, etc. which causes a whole bunch of other problems

That said, i'll take this win for now, step in the right direction. Now Manny needs to create some more accountability & competition with the team if he wants to take the NEXT step to Dabo territory....

Advertisement
I think he meant that the players knew they could control Coker and the players were right, not that Coker was the right hire.

Advertisement
Back