Something Manny drastically improved already this offseason

DB4

Freshman
Players coming back for their final season. That says to me that, regardless of what some fans may say about Manny, players are buying into what he's selling. In the last few years, players like Lou Hedley, Jon Ford, Nesta Silvera, Bubba Bolden, and Mike Harley would have gone to the pros even without a high draft grade. Now they're coming back and it helps the team tremendously going into next year.

The players that did choose to leave (Brevin, Roche, Phillips, Borregales) all made a good decision IMO. Jury is still out on Manny as a regular season coach, but there's little denying that he's massively improved the squad over the last two offseasons. And I think that will help on the field.

Advertisement
I don't agree, Roche and the Kicker i understand, because of their age and being 5th year grads. The rest are some of our best players and I don't see what they had to lose by coming back especially Brevin and a lesser extent Phillips. I am not even sure whats their projections.

Its good to see people coming back but when our best players start coming back then I will consider that fixed.

I don't agree, Roche and the Kicker i understand, because of their age and being 5th year grads. The rest are some of our best players and I don't see what they had to lose by coming back especially Brevin and a lesser extent Phillips. I am not even sure whats their projections.

Its good to see people coming back but when our best players start coming back then I will consider that fixed.
Phillips will be taken in first 2 rounds & has injury history he had to go. Brevin has injury history as well, don't blame him for leaving at all.

Advertisement

Canes fans: I’m mad because kids left early. What do they have to lose?

Also Canes fans: I have no idea where they’re projected to be drafted, so I literally have no clue what they have to lose. But I’m gonna shid on em anyway.

These fans baby!! Best in the biz!!!

Canes fans: I’m mad because kids left early. What do they have to lose?

Also Canes fans: I have no idea where they’re projected to be drafted, so I literally have no clue what they have to lose. But I’m gonna shid on em anyway.

These fans baby!! Best in the biz!!!
I aint said **** about mad. These kids can do whatever they want. When the staff create an environment that they are certain they will improve their draft stock, they will comeback like Clemson and Bama players do. Me saying im not sure where they are projected means they can go anywhere because they have not performed consistently. U man try to make excuses as if only our players have threat of getting injured. When players 1A and 1B priority is winning at Miami and then going pro, instead of going pro being A and winning at Miami being B then come chat to me. Yall man can't even identify improvements.

I’m happy more are returning than not. I don’t blame those heading to the combine - all will be top picks in the rounds they go. It’s nice to see those fringe players coming back to improve and help the culture. The key will be can Manny and the rest of the coaching staff only play those players who truly deserve to play, and not just the older kids because they’re the elder statesmen

Advertisement
I aint said **** about mad. These kids can do whatever they want. When the staff create an environment that they are certain they will improve their draft stock, they will comeback like Clemson and Bama players do. Me saying im not sure where they are projected means they can go anywhere because they have not performed consistently. U man try to make excuses as if only our players have threat of getting injured. When players 1A and 1B priority is winning at Miami and then going pro, instead of going pro being A and winning at Miami being B then come chat to me. Yall man can't even identify improvements.

You don’t see the irony in posting this in a thread literally talking about a kid coming back to improve his draft stock?

Phillips and Brevin made right call. Period. The end. You might not like it, but you’re wrong. And for the record, my selfish *** wanted them to stay too. Of course. But if they were my kids, you’d have been able to hear their tires screeching out of the gables from Pompano. They made the right call. Stop mentioning them. And so far, every other kid has too. That NEVER happens here. So keep it real.

If you can’t see that the culture is better under Manny with; transfers beggoing to come to UM and borderline NFL picks returning (not the case over the past 10 years), then you are either trying to be a contrarian or trying to be obtuse. This is not even a controversial position. That does not equate to Manny is a great coach or UM is winning the championship next year. It does equate to we have made progress and we are getting better. Baby steps, just like the book title (easy movie to guess).

You don’t see the irony in posting this in a thread literally talking about a kid coming back to improve his draft stock?

Phillips and Brevin made right call. Period. The end. You might not like it, but you’re wrong. And for the record, my selfish *** wanted them to stay too. Of course. But if they were my kids, you’d have been able to hear their tires screeching out of the gables from Pompano. They made the right call. Stop mentioning them. And so far, every other kid has too. That NEVER happens here. So keep it real.
Ok. Well we have different indicators of what is improvement. U cant build a house and everytime u get to the roof the base is taken out.

I thought you were gonna say CIS Clicks from the 50 11 threads about Manny and his search/non-search for a DC..🤷‍♂️

Advertisement

Please take off your blinders. Brevin has another injury riddled season and he’s risking being undrafted or a late round pick. Now he may be a great value as a fourth rounder or fifth rounder and if a team falls in love maybe go as high as third round.

Lol and Phillips has even a stronger case to leave since he may sneak into late first round definite second round.

He’s just a couple of years removed from almost quitting football because of injuries and you want him to risk another year playing for free?

Phillips will likely be mid-late first rd pick.

Advertisement
If you can’t see that the culture is better under Manny with; transfers beggoing to come to UM and borderline NFL picks returning (not the case over the past 10 years), then you are either trying to be a contrarian or trying to be obtuse. This is not even a controversial position. That does not equate to Manny is a great coach or UM is winning the championship next year. It does equate to we have made progress and we are getting better. Baby steps, just like the book title (easy movie to guess

Just glad to see some players coming back that are not jags. In recent years these type players were leaving. People upset because of no depth This helps build depth and helps with not throwing true freshman on the field that are not ready

Kids believed in Coker, too. How’d that work out?

You got to earn loyalty.

LOL yeah the ones who believed in him were the ones lobbying for him to be the coach in 2001 because they knew they could coach themselves to a chip. And they were right.

Just saying, all everyone does on this board is **** and moan all day every single day, like any of it matters in the slightest, and while that’s going on here in fantasy land we’ve filled up our available spots with high quality transfers, a top 11 recruiting class, and multiple kids have signed on to run it back. In real life, people are putting their heads down and working. Something we should all be embracing. Not menstruating on this board every minute of the day.

Advertisement
Back