Something I was seeing on defense.

TerragonSix

Itsa Me, Mario!
Listen, I'm glad that our defense held Virginia to 9.

But did any of you notice how many times our defensive players were getting stiff armed?

The WR's, the TE's...even the QB.

Our guys one on one must've been stiff armed fifteen times this game, lol.

Advertisement
Yes I did. Their QB stiff armed like 3-4 tackles off him and then was still able to throw the ball. I was pulling my hair out

We suck at tackling. Have all year. But we beat a team I thought would truck us. Winning is rare these days. I’m enjoying it

Advertisement

But did any of you notice how many times our defensive players were getting stiff armed?

Our guys are bad at tackling and that's a fact and is probably the reason a player like Blades is not getting majority of the snaps over Ivey because he is a terrible tackler and tackling is the most "important" thing in this defensive.

Advertisement
So a good overall performance with shaky tackling??
That’s the quintessential Manny D. It definitely looked more like the defense from a few years ago and that’s really promising to see.

all that stiff arming and they scored a grand total of 9 points, yall trippin

Listen, I'm glad we won. Kids fought their hearts out.

But it did seem an abnormally high amount of stiff arms that were eating our guys up.

I gotta give respect to that Perkins kid...dude is falling down, stepping backwards away from throws, looks slow as fvck but somehow makes a ton of plays.
Annoying as fvck but I gotta give him at least some credit

Advertisement
I mean, we miss hella tackles every game. Don’t matter if it’s a stiff arm or we press the hit stick button too early. Tackling needs to be fixed but that probably won’t happen at this point in the season.

We need to fly in a Shao Lin monk, and teach us that Kung Fu where you're able to rip off/shatter any extended arm with two fingers.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back