Something I find cool...

hoover437

Senior
How Georgia players play in the league verses the other sec schools, they are on par with us. I'm really excited about what CMR does with our program!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Whether it was coaches or players. Richt is prolly 5 or 6 bad games from still being at UGA and having at least 1 National title on his resume as a HC. Richt is a proven product we should be winning 10
Games every year. The key will be if he can find a handful of game changing players who can get very good teams
Over the hump.

Difference was he was getting South Florida players here and there, in Miami hes going to pick almost any one he wants and the scraps will go elsewhere..

Richt better call plays a whole lot better than last season.

I've watched and rewatched our games - and the play calling was atrocious. Even in our bowl win - the entire first and most of the second quarter - his play calling sukked, and our QB insisted on scrambling INTO opposing players.

Advertisement
How Georgia players play in the league verses the other sec schools, they are on par with us. I'm really excited about what CMR does with our program!

They underperformed at Uga, and ball out in the league . . . oh wait!

I've watched and rewatched our games - and the play calling was atrocious. Even in our bowl win - the entire first and most of the second quarter - his play calling sukked, and our QB insisted on scrambling INTO opposing players.

Agree. Not sure where all this richt **** sucking is coming from after what he showed last year.

I wouldn't say atrocious but we were a second half team. I hope he can adjust faster then he did last year. With that being said, he is the best play caller we had in 10 years

He has gotten so conservative and unchangeable thru the years...it was his coaches that got him as he said"play like you are behind towards the end of the season." I would bet he goes back to his old play calling, instead of calling plays that match his players and spreads out the defense...and that is the problem....urban m does that the best...and I appreciate who CMR is and would no way want him gone.

Advertisement

Definitely has to do a waaaay better job calling the game

Agree. Not sure where all this richt **** sucking is coming from after what he showed last year.

Not **** suckin just that yall being asses and not looking at the whole situation. As a fan the play calling was very frustrating but so was the play of the O-line, the most immobile qb in college football history and maybe just maybe that put some limitations on what he felt comfortable calling at times. I say year 2 is a no excuses year for him as a playcaller. He has everything he needs for our offense to be productive

Last edited:

I'd like to hear a breakdown of the play calling and what was wrong with it. I'm not saying it wasn't bad, I'm just not sure that's what I saw.

What I know I saw was an OL that couldn't open holes or give the QB much time and a QB who thought he was about to get sacked even when he wasn't. Also, I saw a head coach who didn't seem interested in adjusting to what he had as opposed to what he wished he had, especially at the QB spot. Richt should have abandoned the pretense that Kayaa was ever going to run and let him play from the gun.

Is this what people mean, or were the actual plays bad- like running the wrong play against a specific defense?

Advertisement

Not **** suckin just that yall being asses and not looking at the whole situation. As a fan the play calling was very frustrating but so was the play of the O-line, the most immobile qb in college football history and maybe just maybe that put some limitations on what he felt comfortable calling at times. I say year 2 is a no excuses year for him as a playcaller. He has everything he needs for our offense to be productive

Except a QB.. the most important position on offense.

I'd like to hear a breakdown of the play calling and what was wrong with it. I'm not saying it wasn't bad, I'm just not sure that's what I saw.

What I know I saw was an OL that couldn't open holes or give the QB much time and a QB who thought he was about to get sacked even when he wasn't. Also, I saw a head coach who didn't seem interested in adjusting to what he had as opposed to what he wished he had, especially at the QB spot. Richt should have abandoned the pretense that Kayaa was ever going to run and let him play from the gun.

Is this what people mean, or were the actual plays bad- like running the wrong play against a specific defense?

OK. Let's say your Oline can't open up lanes. Play after play, they got eight in the box, and you do four or five 3-and-outs.

Richt would continue trying to run right up the middle - all game - and nothing was EVER there.

SEC mindset. Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, run, run run run run pass, run, run, etc.

It's true - You gotta run, and the running game opens up the passing game. All true.

But the inverse is also true.

If they've got eight or nine in the box - and you've been stuffed fifteen times in a row - do you not think this calls for an adjustment?

The PASSING GAME ALSO OPENS UP THE RUN.

When we DID pass, Kaaya was throwing in the dirt, running right at tacklers, or holding it too long going for too much at a time. Short. Quick. Just like we saw Richards break in the Bowl Game. OH! We got something going now!

If you don't have time for long throws - don't keep trying it. If you don't have any run blocking - don't keep trying it and going three and out. If the only thing that's working is short, quick passes - then do what's working.

That's all I'm saying.

Rick needs to get off his *** and get aware of what's working, and what's not.

No team can defend everything. The trick is to find what they don't have covered - or can't stop.

Advertisement

OK. Let's say your Oline can't open up lanes. Play after play, they got eight in the box, and you do four or five 3-and-outs.

Richt would continue trying to run right up the middle - all game - and nothing was EVER there.

SEC mindset. Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, pass, run, run, run, run, run run run run pass, run, run, etc.

It's true - You gotta run, and the running game opens up the passing game. All true.

If they've got eight or nine in the box - and you've been stuffed fifteen times in a row - do you not think this calls for an adjustment?

When we DID pass, Kaaya was throwing in the dirt, running right at tacklers, or holding it too long going for too much at a time. Short. Quick. Just like we saw Richards break in the Bowl Game. OH! We got something going now!

If you don't have time for long throws - don't keep trying it. If you don't have any run blocking - don't keep trying it and going three and out. If the only thing that's working is short, quick passes - then do what's working.

That's all I'm saying.

No team can defend everything. The trick is to find what they don't have covered - or can't stop.

When people complain about poor play calling, I picture them screaming at the TV that a screen was the wrong call then, or how player X should have run a different route--basically looking at what happened and making up a play that would have worked in that exact situation and blaming the coach for not having done that.

I think we're saying the same thing, I just hadn't thought of it as play calling so much as refusing to make adjustments.

Totally agree that Richt needs to be quicker with his adjustments and as I said earlier, needs to use the players he actually has and not ask them to do things he wishes they could do. One of the many, many problems with al was that he insisted that the team could play a defense that his players weren't suited for. He wasn't recruiting any 330lb NTs, but insisted that Chick could do the job of clogging up the middle and taking on 2 OL.

Also, I distinctly remember Jocorry coming out gunning and that opening up the run game. You start with what you're good at and let it open up the thing you aren't as good at.

Whether it was coaches or players. Richt is prolly 5 or 6 bad games from still being at UGA and having at least 1 National title on his resume as a HC. Richt is a proven product we should be winning 10
Games every year. The key will be if he can find a handful of game changing players who can get very good teams
Over the hump.

Richt was 8 yards + 1 bad play away from waxing ND in the 2012 MNC; but that's football.

That's all I'm saying.

Just curious how many years you have been coaching?

Advertisement
Back