Someone is calling out FSU about them duffles....

I am sure bag men exist but Alabama doesn't need them.

I'm shocked at how naive you are for such a smart guy. If you're being serious here (wink).

Ok, so why would Alabama need bag men to get the players they get. Why would these players not be interested in Alabama without getting paid.

Yeah can't figure out why all of those former 4 and 5* players that has been processed aren't snitching Bama out. Surely they would have an ax to grind and would love some revenge.

Disgruntled SMU players publicly calling them out is what took their program down. Snitches will never go away especially broke ones that never made it to the NFL...

Advertisement
And yes, $30k to me is expensive for kids who claim they "can't afford to eat". My car was $30k.

This. Don't ever let me see another thread that calls these kids "slaves" who can't even afford basic necessities.

You don't have to pay back student loans until you graduate and since all of these players think they are going to the NFL, they have no issues having 30k in student date. The probably see it as a normal college experience since most of the students they have class with have more debt. If I was an athlete I would feel I am entitled to a nice car, I mean everyone else is expensing their school, why not?

Talk about missing the point.

If they have access to these student loans, why are they starving? Why can't their kids eat?

The college doesn't pay to feed their kids, but they have ample food for themselves. College athletes aren't starving, it is all made up in an attempt to give them a raise. (they already are paid enough money to cover rent, food and occasional outings)

I'm shocked at how naive you are for such a smart guy. If you're being serious here (wink).

Ok, so why would Alabama need bag men to get the players they get. Why would these players not be interested in Alabama without getting paid.

Yeah can't figure out why all of those former 4 and 5* players that has been processed aren't snitching Bama out. Surely they would have an ax to grind and would love some revenge.

Disgruntled SMU players publicly calling them out is what took their program down. Snitches will never go away especially broke ones that never made it to the NFL...

Agreed, which is why cheating doesn't happen at the level everyone thinks it does.

Andrew,

1. Know for a fact? How many schools have you been a compliance director at? The NCAA certification form states the President or Chancellor signs "to the best of their knowledge" Wow, thats reassuring. Love investigations? Did you see how quickly UNC's TWO investigations were conducted? Face it, they only go full bore if it's publicity that won't die down in a few weeks or its one of their perpetual targets (READ: Private School)

2. Counting this year, if 'Bama wins the NC, they will have won FIVE NCs in EIGHT YEARS. The whole College football world came down on MIAMI for daring to win FOUR in NINE years. So stay with the $$$$ talks status qou and HOPE for a change? Not a good reform strategy to save CFB...Boxing and Indy Cars used to be huge, BTW

3. You want to be a booster, you sign an agreement which allows the monitoring. If you don't want the monitoring, you are free not to be a booster. it's called standards. You want a military career? You get drug tested.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Because Alabama was caught before and paid the price?
Because not every kid wants to leave his family and friends for hick town, hence why Miami gets a few to stay home. Alabama head BOT in charge is one of the biggest frauds around, that Lear jet Saban flies around in belongs to him. This BOT is the same person who got Benedict Saban to quit in the middle of his NFL contract even though he told the press and players he would never be the coach of Alabama's football team.

Also we have those pictures of recruits getting brand new suits a few years ago from one of the local vendors plus the expensive cars some of them were seen in. No doubt coaching and winning helps and it makes your sales pitch easier but no football program is without dirt.

Alabama Booster Paul Bryant Jr. Has Ties to Insurance Fraud Scheme | Bleacher Report

Legal Schnauzer: Paul Bryant Jr.'s fraud-tinged fingerprints are all over the decision to eliminate UAB's football program

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...otball-dominance-powered-by-greyhound-fortune

Former West Virginia QB claims Alabama once offered him a Corvette Former West Virginia QB claims Alabama once offered him a Corvette | NCAA Football | Sporting News

Derrick Henry:
proxy.php

Dre Kirkpatrick:
CLrVJP8VEAAZG1z.jpg

Ronnie Harrison
2983479.jpg

Jarren Reed:
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) - Police say Alabama defensive lineman Jarran Reed was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol. Tuscaloosa police say Reed was stopped early Sunday after hitting another car while both backed out of parking spots. Police say Reed drove a 2011 Dodge Charger toward the parking lot's exit before he was pulled over.
Ha Ha Clinton Dix:
The night before Ha Ha Clinton-Dix was set to leave Alabama headed to Florida to visit his family, he loaded his car with all his essentials: clothes, shoes, an iPad ... and money.
Overnight, his 2012 Dodge Charger was broken into. The Alabama standout safety was easy prey for robbers, with his doors left unlocked and his vehicle loaded with valuables, including about $200 in cash, a source close to the situation told Sporting News.
Altee Tenpenny:
GREENVILLE, Miss. (AP) — A 20-year-old college football player was killed in a one-car crash in Mississippi, a local coroner said Wednesday. Altee Tenpenny was pronounced dead at 6:57 p.m. Tuesday at Delta Regional Medical Center in Greenville, Washington County Coroner Methel Johnson told The Associated Press. Tenpenny, who played at Alabama in 2013 and 2014, was taken to the hospital after he wrecked a 2008 Dodge Charger near the community of Glen Allan, Johnson said.
Trent Richardson (not a Charger but...)
On August 28th, 2011 Alabama running back Trent Richardson was pulled over for speeding in Chilton County, Alabama. The Crimson Tide star was going 85 in a 70 and the officer noted that he blamed the "large rims" on his vehicle for the speeding violation. What was the vehicle? A 2011 GMC Yukon which retails for in the neighborhood of $40,000 even without the added expense of new rims. Raise your hand if it makes sense that an "unemployed" athlete at Alabama with two children, no job, and a non-wealthy family could afford a brand new SUV. Put your hands down Alabama fans. Trent Richardson could be flying in his own private jet and you'd talk about how it's perfectly reasonable for him to avoid traffic this way.

DJ Fluker:
proxy.php

Trey Depriest:
proxy.php

[TWEET]813779603168837638[/TWEET]

[TWEET]813781169284194304[/TWEET]

proxy.php

proxy.php

Advertisement
Andrew,

1. Know for a fact? How many schools have you been a compliance director at? The NCAA certification form states the President or Chancellor signs "to the best of their knowledge" Wow, thats reassuring. Love investigations? Did you see how quickly UNC's TWO investigations were conducted? Face it, they only go full bore if it's publicity that won't die down in a few weeks or its one of their perpetual targets (READ: Private School)

2. Countng this year, if 'Bama wins the NC, they will have won FIVE NCs in EIGHT YEARS. The whole College football world came down on MIAMI for daring to win FOUR in NINE years. So stay with the $$$$ talks status qou and HOPE for a change? Not a good reform strategy to save CFB...Boxing and Indy Cars used to be huge, BTW

3. You want to be a booster, you sign an agreement which allows the monitoring. If you don't want the monitoring, you are free not to be a booster. it's called standards. You want a military career? You get drug tested.

1) I know because my wife was an athlete and we dated her last year in college. I know the paperwork she had to fill out when getting an internship and other experiences.

2) Miami would have continued to win if we kept Jimmie Johnson, and stayed out of trouble. We cheated and got caught twice.

3) I don't think someone should be required to sign an agreement to donate money. In some cases a boosters financial matters can be very sensitive. If a booster writes a check to a college I don't see why any additional criteria is needed. The schools do inform boosters of the rules, but why ask for more. The military doesn't require a drug test to donate to them or any affiliated charity.

Because when going up against other upper escelon teams (with great tradition, facilities, game day experience, ect.) that are throwing around cash for top notch players they naturally, have to compete. You really think Bama's run of success is all they need to land anyone they want vs teams like LSU, OSU, FSU if those teams were also offering thousands of dollars in additional benefits to kids who, in many cases, are not very well off? To me, the answer seems obvious

The only problem with your statement is there isn't proof those teams are paying. When Miami wins our recruitment classes are so good as theirs. UGA all of a sudden has a top class, did they start paying? The answer is no, they got a coach selling his Alabama experience to recruits.

You asked "why would they have to" not if it was happening. My response was to the question that you posed. I watched the ESPN 30 for 30 special "Pony Express" and saw plenty of evidence (from the horse's mouths) that paying for recruits is an actual thing. If it is still going on (and I'm confident that it is) I highly doubt Bama's championship run is all the ammo they need to compete against teams throwing thousands of dollars at poor kids and their families

SMU is different than Alabama. First they plan in a stadium that looks like it was build for a DII team. Their game day experience is terrible (I watch them play TCU a few years ago at SMU). For SMU to win they either need to run a gimmick offense or pay players. The difference between SMU and Miami is just as wide as the difference between Miami and Alabama. SMU got caught because they paid players, every school that has a system that this will eventually get caught. Alabama doesn't need it, SMU did.

Texas A&M, team with a great game day atmosphere and facilities, was cited by Eric ****erson as one of the school's throwing money and cars at him during his recruitment. Auburn was accused by multiple players of paying them during both their recruitment and their time spent at Auburn. Possible reasons why this doesn't get exposed more? Could be that exposing one program would risk exposing others that the recruit or former recruit might want to protect. I believe that if a program or a network of boosters acting on a programs behalf we're doing this they would have to do so under the assumption that there were certain dynamics at play that they would be confident enough to believe that what they were doing would be safe enough for them to take on the risk. Whether it's s a belief by boosters that exposing one would risk exposing themselves (a form of mutually assured destruction) or mechanisms in place to ensure plausible deniability or something else...I can't definitely say. However, if there are school's out there continuing to pay recruits, a practice proven to have occured in the past, I don't think it is a stretch to think that a school (even one of Bama's stature) or a booster would feel compelled to follow suite to ensure that a recruit that they feel is necessary towards sustaining their success is attainable. Bama's success is a huge selling point for recruits, no doubt. However that doesn't mean that there aren't those associated with the program that believe that it doesn't need to be supplemented with something more in order to compete with those near peer programs that are willing to do the same

Agreed, which is why cheating doesn't happen at the level everyone thinks it does.

Bama has no incentive to cheat right now. It's ridiculous, a high risk low reward given that so many kids want to play there. Kids have a chance to play for arguably the best college coach and dynasty. It's an easy sell at this point.

Ole Miss couldn't go 3 years without getring caught, yet Alabama is supposdely handing out cash to dozens of recruits and their handlers, coaches, parents every years. It's a jet fuel don't melt steel beams conspiracy theory. Way Too many people involved for it to work, and plenty of AU grads and boosters would love to bring Bama down.

This whining about bagmen seems like a defense mechanism for the perceived weakness of Mark Richt recruting class. Bama doesnt have to cheat to sign Jeudy, and FSU doesn't need money to keep Akers away from the dumpster fire in Ole Miss.

1. "I know for a fact compliance is very detailed and very personal for the student athlete."

"I know because my wife was an athlete and we dated her last year in college."

Sooo, your sample size is one and consists of an assesment of the paperwork she had to fill out...Yeah, obviously every NCAA member institution is 100% compliance perfect based on your observation.

2. Back when Jimmy was an HC, the Spurrier/Saban return gig was held in contempt, just ask Lou Holtz. If you watched "Catholics vs. Convicts" you know if JJ had a chance to humiliate The Saliva Spitter, he would take it. Holtz lasted less than one full year with the Jets and JJ won two SB rings (and was directly responsible for a third). No way in 1988 Jimmy stays.

As posts above show, 'Bama is massively cheating and is not being held to account. Is your criteria that cheating only matters if someone at the NCAA decides to pursue it? Again, the NCAA won't discover cheating on its own because the never inspects compliance at member institutions.

3. You are determined to keep the status quo that is killing less wealthy schools by giving boosters free reign. Heck, Miami may have had to deal with Nevin much sooner and before major damage if such controls were in place.

The military blood program screens all blood donated to it; you don't want to send drug or HIV/HEP C blood to combat zones. My point was that if you want to be privileged in some manner, you have to comply with certain standards, i.e. a license to drive, a permit to carry a concealed weapon, a certain score on the LSAT to gain Law school admission. Boosters are no different; you want to support an NCAA member institution, you comply with (proposed) NCAA rules.

Reforming old organizations can be difficult, but may be necessary to ensure survival...When was the last time you bought Kodak film?

Last edited:
Advertisement
"Only had to read the first sentence past number 1 to know that you have no idea what your talking about. More self audits occur than mandated ones. That's 1000% a fact. So try again."

Definitely a true statement, since the NCAA performs NO mandated inspections, schools sign some forms:

Here you go:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016-17_DI_Form16_1_Certification_of_Compliance_for_Institutions_20160531.pdf

No idea? Try again? Okay, using your logic, a company never has to contact Ernst & Young, just have their own accounting staff (who have a vested interest in no errors, i.e. their pay) do it 1000 times. I'm sure your broker will still enjoy ($$$) your pennies on the dollar stock sale of the company whose leadership thought GAP is just a store selling clothes.

Do some of you live in the real world or some fantasy utopia you concocted in your head? Take down your Emma Watson poster in your parent's basement and come join us out here!

Problem is dude I make a living at doing self audits. Everything from accounting systems to compliance to process management is audited on a regular basis. Every major corporation in the world as well as every small and large sized government are audited on a regular basis. People would rather pay a third party to audit themselves than to have any finding in a mandated audit. And its GAAP if you want to act like you know more next time.

Last edited:
Alabama does nothing wrong and is a model for building a winning program. Alabama has proven that if you have the best coaches (and ops staff), the best facilities and in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the country then you can win. There is no reason to hate Nick Saban because he wins or how he wins. I would gladly take Saban, the players he recruits and the offense and defenses his team runs in Miami.

I hope Clemson beats them though!
Alabama is in the middle of the most fertile recruiting ground in the country?

Advertisement
"Only had to read the first sentence past number 1 to know that you have no idea what your talking about. More self audits occur than mandated ones. That's 1000% a fact. So try again."

Definitely a true statement, since the NCAA performs NO mandated inspections, schools sign some forms:

Here you go:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/2016-17_DI_Form16_1_Certification_of_Compliance_for_Institutions_20160531.pdf

No idea? Try again? Okay, using your logic, a company never has to contact Ernst & Young, just have their own accounting staff (who have a vested interest in no errors, i.e. their pay) do it 1000 times. I'm sure your broker will still enjoy ($$$) your pennies on the dollar stock sale of the company whose leadership thought GAP is just a store selling clothes.

Do some of you live in the real world or some fantasy utopia you concocted in your head? Take down your Emma Watson poster in your parent's basement and come join us out here!

Problem is dude I make a living at doing self audits. Everything from accounting systems to compliance to process management is audited on a regular basis. Every major corporation in the world as well as every small and large sized government are audited on a regular basis. People would rather pay a third party to audit themselves than to have any finding in a mandated audit. And its GAAP if you want to act like you know more next time.

Problem is, Dude, actual Compliance Inspections are more than number crunching, it's examining things like what we in the military call TTPs, Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures; I would know because I've made a living for over 33 years going all around the world while you have stayed safely home crunching your GAAP numbers (I was funny, your not) and tellling fanciful accounts (pun intended) while I've been just a quiet professional.

Again, the NCAA has no mandatory compliance inspection system, so 'Bama can keep on doing what it wants and you can keep your hard on for Saban.

Cheat or Go Home - Check out this article from November by Matt Hayes. In it he talks about Terry Bowden at Auburn and seeing the ledger that had the list of players who were being paid.

Had to login to comment. Andrew doesn't know wtf he is talking about. Or he trolling.

I was in JC in 1998 working out in the basketball gym with a friend. We looked over and saw the basketball coach. In the middle of the day, his player came up and asked him for a loan right in front of us. He mentioned the loan that was given to a player last week as reasoning to get this loan.

This was almost 20 years ago at a JC. If you think they are not buying recruits, I have some beach front property to sell you.

Advertisement
Back