Someone explain

Advertisement
All the football players use to run track back in the day they don't no more I guess all of them play 7 on 7 now.

Advertisement
I think it’s smart considering guys with good 40 times get drafted. Guys who run a 4.35 get drafted even if they suck. NFL coaches are arrogant and have egos and think they can develop anyone with good physical traits. So my *** would be practicing for that 40 all the time.

Track really has only one event where a dude can get famous and very wealthy.
The 100 meter dash.
Moses went undefeated for like what almost 20 years? Nobody cares and few remember.
Bruce Jenner?
Gatling?
So in the past 30 years there is only a hand full of dudes that have multi generational wealth.
Many dudes make it to a second contract and are pretty set.
Track is a totally different animal.
Nobody remembers who got silver against Bolt.

Track at the high school level tends to overlap with Spring ball. Seldom will you see players devote an entire season to track. At least this is how it was down at South Dade. It's a nice concept though that OP brings up, but I think players at the collegiate level devote more time to track.

Advertisement
It used to be a lot more popular late 90’s early 00’s but my guess with 7 on 7 leagues and spring ball and football 24/7 they don’t have the interest. Only playing one sport

just be reviewing the 40 times lately, I just feel there is a decline in 40 times recently and I think alot of it is because kids are focus more on 7on7 and not track.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back