Someone explain the O to me like I’m 5

man hands over rock other man runs with rock sometimes first man runs with rock
C9816CEA-26F5-478B-9A47-1F081092F0CB.jpeg

Advertisement
Problem with this is that in most cases we are making a 2 year college QB make decisions to match wits against seasoned grown a$$ DC who has been in this game more than the QBs papa... very few college QBs are that smart
Yeah in this type of scheme you need a QB that can make pro reads, the 49ers offense is a better example what I feel like Mario is trying to do

We do pretty well against man coverage, but don't seem to use anything to beat zone or when they drop 8.

... pretty much defined Tyler Van Dyke falling apart against Georgia Tech and never regaining his composure under pressure.

Advertisement
For the life of me i dont know why we dont run out of 10 personnel to keep teams from loading the box. Running from condensed sets within the hashes out of 11,12, and 13 personnel is such a disservice to the team and modern football it doesnt make any sense.

Purposely bringing heavy formations and more defenders in the box and trying to run the ball is just the most insane **** i see coaches do on every level of football. Give your **** players a competitive advantage by making the opponents think. Thinking causes relapses in judgment and technique. Its what separates the good coaches from the great. Ive typed what youve typed ad nauseam on here. Some still wont and dont see it.
Exactly. Never understood why he and others love to try to run with 22 guys in the box rather than spread it out and run where’s there’s actually space

That 4th and 2 in the 4Q had me sick. Rutgers takes a timeout, then dawson and mario come out in the same **** they've trotted out all year. Everybody in NY knew exactly what the miami hurricanes were running in that formation, and they predictably got stuffed.

Honestly, Mario is dumb as a box of rocks.. typical fyzical bro dude.
We are fooked since he is as stubborn as he is dumb.

Advertisement
Lol. That's exactly why i said " On every level of football". I watched my close friend **** his lil league team over doing the same ignorant ****. He was spread the entire game and them kids did not want to tackle his back. Up 14-0 @ half.

Came out of halftime in a **** goal line set talking about he want to run the clock out since they cant stop the run. Other team had way more big guys. 1st **** play of the half run gets stuffed. Back fumbles they take it in and the 2 pt conversion to 14-8. This dummy stays in heavy. Mid 4th quarter they do the same thing and return it AGAIN to the house. 16-14 now. His QB throws a pic. Hated cross town rival wins the senior youth Ship. Absolutely dumb.

Im a Titans fan bro. Vrabel is Mario. Einhorn Finkel. I see this **** on every level of football.
Man I coached flag for first time this year. We were up tempo wide open all game every game. Other coaches tried to fight me and my assistant coach after games. We never took other foot off the gas.

On defense we blitzed every play of every game. When **** works you stay with it till they stop it. It’s so easy.

What do you think happens to Dawson’s play calling if George does NOT drop the opening play?

Play calling gets conservative when the player does not execute.

When players drop the balls in practice we throw less.

How many times do we hire an OC and go “This guy was so good against this defense!” And then he comes here and we call him neanderthal.

We just watched the one OC in the world Mark Richt trusts destroy FSU. Why? Because his players execute.

What do you think happens to Dawson’s play calling if George does NOT drop the opening play?

How many times do we hire an OC and go “This guy was so good against this defense!” And then he comes here and we call him neanderthal.

We just watched the one OC in the world Mark Richt trusts destroy FSU. Why? Because his players execute.
then, why did we go run/run/3rd&long pass behind LOS after we had scored 17pts on the prior 3 drives? we had been executing and we weren't aggressive

Advertisement

It’s very very easy to say the coaching staff are morons. They even might be. But in really curious as to a real, steal man argument for what is going through their heads to only open up the O when we’re down two scores, only to then revert back to what wasn’t working once we’re slightly up. It’s really weird, and I honest to god want to understand the logic or understand if that’s not what’s actually happening and I’m just missing something. Does anyone get it?

main_large.gif

For the life of me i dont know why we dont run out of 10 personnel to keep teams from loading the box. Running from condensed sets within the hashes out of 11,12, and 13 personnel is such a disservice to the team and modern football it doesnt make any sense.

Purposely bringing heavy formations and more defenders in the box and trying to run the ball is just the most insane **** i see coaches do on every level of football. Give your **** players a competitive advantage by making the opponents think. Thinking causes relapses in judgment and technique. Its what separates the good coaches from the great. Ive typed what youve typed ad nauseam on here. Some still wont and dont see it.
At this point in CFB the running game is all about numbers. Idea is to stretch defenses out and keep them off balance. If they are stacking the box you attack them elsewhere and don’t run the ball, when the numbers favor you, you then run the ball. As you said, we just run the ball to run the ball. It’s schematically and tactically retarded with very little purpose. We make the defenses job actually easier. At some point with Mario’s recruiting we will just be able to wear out and demoralize most of the ACC teams but we aren’t even close to that level of talent. Even then, it’s just subscribes to the idea of harder not smarter.

Advertisement
At this point in CFB the running game is all about numbers. Idea is to stretch defenses out and keep them off balance. If they are stacking the box you attack them elsewhere and don’t run the ball, when the numbers favor you, you then run the ball. As you said, we just run the ball to run the ball. It’s schematically and tactically retarded with very little purpose. We make the defenses job actually easier. At some point with Mario’s recruiting we will just be able to wear out and demoralize most of the ACC teams but we aren’t even close to that level of talent. Even then, it’s just subscribes to the idea of harder not smarter.
100%. like there was a play in uga-fsu game early on when Georgia got into a condensed set and instead of running into a stacked box they went play action pass down the field. was stunning after watching us the whole year.

Dawson needs to branch out and see what guys like Mcvay, McDaniels(whose literally down the ******* street), and shannahan are doing to create running opportunities

it’s literally out there on film put the **** time in and get some wrinkles added to your sheet… guys like Andy Reid openly admit stealing plays from other places

100%. like there was a play in uga-fsu game early on when Georgia got into a condensed set and instead of running into a stacked box they went play action pass down the field. was stunning after watching us the whole year.
Offenses have so many advantages over defenses in today’s game and especially in the college game. The game is setup where the offense leads and dictates not the other way around, unless there is an absurd talent differential. We rarely did that this year. We made it way easier for numerous opponents.

This doesn’t make any sense. If you miss a shot do you never shoot again? Does the coach tell the other 4 not to pass him the ball bc he missed? If your pitcher can’t find a secondary pitch in the 1st, is the catcher supposed to call 1 pitch the rest of the game?

If you don’t trust a WR, bench him. You don’t stop throwing altogether. The play worked. It just wasn’t completed.

Advertisement
Back