Someone ease my LB fears...

EJ bothers me a lot. Terry has potential but I think Figs and Kirby can make up for it. Jermaine Grace has the potential to be as good or better than 6. Tyriq will probably adjust fine. Ambrister and Cornelius aren't answers.

Advertisement
I think the staff is doing McCord a disservice by standing him up and making him play coverage so much. Kid is a natural pass rusher. Let him put his hand in the ground and attack

My favorite linebacker outta this class from Florida might have to be Greg Gooch from up at Lyman, wish we would give him a look. Kid has great size and still moves well.

We offered this beast from Cali recently:

Tyler Cook, DE/OLB, 6'4" 220lbs, 4.51 laser timed 40. I think this guy could come in and play right away...

[video=youtube;y2xpRFxNV9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2xpRFxNV9c[/video]

Advertisement
If there is one position this staff has proved they know how to recruit, it is LB. They have not taken a singly guy at the position that has not impressed in some regard, and that includes "sleepers" like Terry, EJ and Fig.

Gotta agree with cowboycane. This staff has an eagle eye when it comes to finding lbs. And we aren't at panic mode yet. If armbrister or Cornelius can at least be solid so we can redshirt Grace we can unleash him next year. A core of perryman-figs-Kirby-grace next year is more then great. We will make due this year.

So with EJ, Gabe, and Paul gone (and the JAG's at LB still being JAG's), I stay awake at night. Well, that's only because of my old man bladder but still...

We still have some good LB's: Denzel, Figs, Gaines, Kirby, etc. but also some JAG's on the depth chart (if you want to call it depth). Grace I am happy about and who knows about Bond, seems like he will be more of rush DE/LB. And looking over here, Grassy, and CS I don't see much there recruiting wise. And with a few of the LB's being Seniors we are in a bad spot for next year. ****, with one injury we'll be in a bad spot for this year.

Besides Smith at NW (doesn't he play DE?), who are the legit LB targets for 2014? Any that can play right away? I looked at junior college too and didn't really see anything, am I missing something?

Gabe Terry & G. Paul were back-ups.. Can't miss what you didn't have, which were not guys that could make an impact on the game.

Now Eddie Johnson was a huge loss, but it seems as if Alex Figuerora will do a good job.

Gaines (SR), Denzel (JR), Bond (JR), Ambrister (JR), Kirby (SO), McCord (SO), Figs (FR), Blue (FR), and Grace (FR) will be enough to get the job done in 2013...

Going JUCO again is likely option this cycle; and a quick fix for depth if Denzel declares early... I aint got no worries

Last edited:
EJ bothers me a lot. Terry has potential but I think Figs and Kirby can make up for it. Jermaine Grace has the potential to be as good or better than 6. Tyriq will probably adjust fine. Ambrister and Cornelius aren't answers.

Ambrister is coming on alot better than Cornelius is.

Eddie Johnson eventually took the job from Ambrister, but Ambrister held Eddie off for a bit there; people forget that. Is Ambrister a starter, maybe not, but he's decent... Back-up's arent always "answers" but you can keep the show on the road with a decent back-up.

Advertisement
Has anyone heard anything regarding jawand blue? I really think barrow can turn that kid into a monster

An there is always 2014 OLB Tyler Burke from Coatsville, PA.

We all know Al Golden loves digging gems out of PA, well here is a bad *** 6'4" 240lb LB that all he does is makes plays sideline to sideline his range is incredible for his size. He won't necessarily deliver a big blow that will make the crowd go wow, but he is a tackling machine that will get you minimum 10 tackles a game, oh an is a ball hawk of Linebacker (an I will take an interception over a big hit any day, turnovers win games). Burke has some offers, and would really like an ND offer but they don't seem interested, which leaves Wisconson, Maryland, Rutgers, Pitt, and NC state battling it out for the nations #40 outside LB. I am thinking AG could come in a steal another PA gem.

Go Canes!

2014 OLB Tyler Burke Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/795844/tyler-burke

Last edited:
An there is always 2014 OLB Tyler Burke from Coatsville, PA.

We all know Al Golden loves digging gems out of PA, well here is a bad *** 6'4" 240lb LB that all he does is makes plays sideline to sideline his range is incredible for his size. He won't necessarily deliver a big blow that will make the crowd go wow, but he is a tackling machine that will get you minimum 10 tackles a game, oh an is a ball hawk of Linebacker (an I will take an interception over a big hit any day, turnovers win games). Burke has some offers, and would really like an ND offer but they don't seem interested, which leaves Wisconson, Maryland, Rutgers, Pitt, and NC state battling it out for the nations #40 outside LB. I am thinking AG could come in a steal another PA gem.

Go Canes!

2014 OLB Tyler Burke Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/795844/tyler-burke

Paronas, despite of what you think of me...(LULZ @ your previous references of me!!) I have an appreciation for the free time you have, to search for, and bring attention to certain prospects on this board.

However, i gotta tel you... You do not have a talent for evaluating recruits. Yeah this dude is 6'4 230lbs + ...But, this slow footed, poor tackling technique having, late diagnosing bigfoot is playing out of position. He's no LB. His dad must be paying for this High School's uni's or something...SMH

This dude is better off gaining some weight, and trying his luck at DT or Guard.

LMAO bigsonnyu. It took me 15 mins tops to find a right something up about this kid plus the time to watch his highlights. I am a pretty good multitasker. The DT's take a lot longer this kid was #40 Outside linebacker in the country so I don't think he is as slow as you think, its a visual illusion because he tall and has long legs with a gapping stride which gives the illusion moving slower. Then add in the fact his a little stiff when he runs and you would think he is slow. Also as for my evaluation abilities lets see the PSU LB coach has been camped out on this kids doorstep, the same LB coach that has been at PSU for 12 years during which how many All-Americans and NFL prospects has he turned out ( ah crap load). Lets see Rutgers is hard after this kid and last time I check RU is like the mad laboratory of the East Coast taking cast off kids an turning them into world beaters. An well Pitt and Wisconson's staff are interchangeable as far as being able to coach. So I get it your right an all these other professionals are wrong with thinking that Burke is worth a scholarship.

But never the less your a nutt with your big foot analogy, the people at the end of the conference table just looked at me as if I had two-heads because chuckled noticeably.

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back