Some thoughts

The questions were answered many, many moons ago. Football is quite simple - either you win or you don't. If you don't, it's because of the coaching - at least at Miami it is.

I'll be happy when this staff is canned if it's replaced by a difference maker at the head coaching position (Davis for example). Otherwise, it'll be more underperformance with a new name....

First off, please forgive cause I am still giddy the season has begun. The defense gave up a lot of yard and that is not good, but we were able to make some plays to create turnovers. at the end of the we gave up 3 points in the second half. I don't care who it is we are playing, we gave up 17 in the first half and only 3 in the second.
sometime when things are not going well you need players to go make a play, that happened a couple time last night.

I know our defense did not have the same results like game one, but I love the fact we did bring pressure. Pressure was the reason for both picks and a few incompletions. This will bear some sweet fruit later on in the season. The best thing about this is it is proof that we are going to be aggressive, that alone excites me, an aggressive defense will often be a good defense. I shows confidence in our secondary. Our secondary did hold up very well.

As far as offence. they haven't really showed us their offence so will have to wait till next week. I must say that kayaa has a much better pocket presence then last year, and made a couple good passes under pressure.

Say what you will about the offensive play calling, we do get the ball into the hands of the running backs in space and they know what to do with it. I want to see more from the receivers but again I thing we are holding back because we don't want to give much away.

I know a lot of people are really upset cause fau gave us a game till the forth quarter. but the is actually the best thing to happen we have a lot a this to coach to and correct. I cant wait till next week we will have a lot of questions answered.

Advertisement
honestly i was disgusted watching that game last night i had some hope after bethune not because of the us dominating because of what we were doing on defense, we played a good amount of nickel and didn't 2 gap at all and we blitzed like crazy, i didn't see that last night, we had a base D all night long and it was horrible to watch, guys weren't getting off blocks and at one point one guy on FAU was blocking three canes players you kidding me on offense i still think we haven't really used the play book, it was really painful to watch

Advertisement
Back