Some thoughts on the Clemson game...

Shout out to our fans showing up too. You could hear it on the broadcast. Y'all did your thing.

I’m mad I couldn’t make it. I’ve had this game circled since it was released, but had to sell my tickets due to surgery on Wednesday. Wish I could have been there to show out with you all. I’m cancer free now though so it was worth it.

@JHallCanes, did you make the game? I know there are a few more of us on here that live in SC.
 
No Chase Smith love.. for all the criticism Toure and Smith get on the board. They played a good game. Smith made some keys plays and Toure legit was trying to put someone in a body bag last night.
I’ve been a doubter. Chase Smith had a great game. Especially against the run and tackling in the short passing plays.
 
Congdon’s presence definitely helped.

I want this offense to be able to put forth a full 4th qtr game. For a variety of reasons, some that have already been said - but don’t need the offense to disappear for swaths of the game

And injuries aside….play calling
Going for it on 4th down…with a run between the guards that failed that gave Clemson great field position was just ridiculous. Just punt the ball there.

3rd and 6 - in the second half. Miami chooses to run it up the middle…didn’t come close to a 1st down. Why can’t Mensah throw the ball….there
I think Dawson is a solid OC, but it's telling he's never really been seriously considered for HC jobs.

He tends to completely lose the pulse of the game every week at some point in the middle of the game.

He's seriously, seriously benefitted from the talent Cristobal has acquired - it makes him look much more competent than he actually is.
 
And he makes such solid decisions and most importantly protects the football.

Way too many QBs at other schools get raved about and crowned on CIS but they throw picks or fumble the balll in too many horrible situations. Even the top tier ones like Chambliss.

Mensah just does not put the ball in harms way often. And in the rare instances he does the ball bounces his way or he is alert enough to make sure the play is still positive.
I think he has one turnover worthy throw this season.
 
hampton now has tape covering malachi toney ... he cemented himself as a first round pick
Yeah not gonna lie he was probably the best player for Clemson…. Second being #12 watsco? I believe.. kinda reminded me of AR a bit big WR with sneaky good speed.
 
Mensah didn’t have many long passes…our receivers were covered and he had some pressure. They kept Toney to a minimum, but we out-powered them and wore them down.
Clemson knows how to put on a show. The fans were classy and nice. The girls all had blonde hair and mini skirts.
I hope we can beat fsu like we think we can.
 
No Chase Smith love.. for all the criticism Toure and Smith get on the board. They played a good game. Smith made some keys plays and Toure legit was trying to put someone in a body bag last night.
Chase had a lot of what I call..”Who the F is that??” plays. He was a monster out there sideline to sideline.
 
I've said it elsewhere, but the Clemson fans are happy with a 4TD defeat at home to Miami. They think it shows progress and the game was close (they were rarely within 2 scores).

So we're clearly a really, really good team.
 
I think Dawson is a solid OC, but it's telling he's never really been seriously considered for HC jobs.

He tends to completely lose the pulse of the game every week at some point in the middle of the game.

He's seriously, seriously benefitted from the talent Cristobal has acquired - it makes him look much more competent than he actually is.
That rarely doesn't happen to any team. Other team adjusts. Sometimes leader gets complacent. Sometimes OCs get bored and unlike the HS oc won't call the same thing over and over again.

And maybe the man prefers to be an OC than start as a HC at a crap school. As you move up you do less and less of what you like. At north of $2 mil per year and no state taxes it's not bad work if you can get it.
 
Miami was in control the entire game. I understand the Canes PTSD but never felt it last night. Nothing like the wake game that really felt like they were going to stumble.

Stay strong, Steve

View attachment 374936
Facts. Concern is one thing but the outright paranoia gets exhausting. Nobody at college level is going to play a totally flawless game.
 
I am not usually one to complain about the announcers… but Fowler/Herbstreit and the entire broadcast last night was awful.

Mistakenly showing a graphic with Clemson’s QB when they were intending to introduce Mensah.

Herbstreit multiple times indicating that Mendoza was on UM last season.

Fowler being off on multiple ball spots, including the stuffed 4th and short play by UM’s defense that was obviously short (Fowler claiming that it looked “close”).

Herbstreit thinking that was a Mensah fumble, when clearly his arm was moving forward with the ball still in his control.

And both Fowler/Herbstreit clearly rooting for Clemson to make it a close game.
 
Can they bring back the orange pants for road games? At least a couple times please.
Why would anyone wear orange @ Clemson when they wear orange?? You’ll get your wish for orange however as the FSU game is an “orange out”....(team & fans).
 
Props to Matt McCoy & Max Buchanan for battling through injury and getting back on the field to help the team in a big spot. I also thought that Chase Smith played his best game as a Cane, that 4th&1 stop was absolutely clutch.
 
I am not usually one to complain about the announcers… but Fowler/Herbstreit and the entire broadcast last night was awful.

Mistakenly showing a graphic with Clemson’s QB when they were intending to introduce Mensah.

Herbstreit multiple times indicating that Mendoza was on UM last season.

Fowler being off on multiple ball spots, including the stuffed 4th and short play by UM’s defense that was obviously short (Fowler claiming that it looked “close”).

Herbstreit thinking that was a Mensah fumble, when clearly his arm was moving forward with the ball still in his control.

And both Fowler/Herbstreit clearly rooting for Clemson to make it a close game.
Yeah it was pretty pathetic. Fowler is a douche and Kirk needs some sleep. Dude does too much during football season. He kept talking about Mendoza on Miami last night. Was he on drugs or sick?
 
Can they bring back the orange pants for road games? At least a couple times please.
1791130241629.gif
 
Back
Top