Some thoughts about last weekend

yeaman

Redshirt Freshman
Saturday night was one of the greatest nights I've ever had as a Cane fan… I grew up going to the OB with my dad, My first real memory being the 1998 UCLA game, Edge running for 300 in an awesome comeback to upset Cade McNown and the #2 team in the country. A couple years later and Miami was back. “Back” to the point that you walked into the Orange Bowl expecting Miami to win, the only question was by how much. Had so many great memories then, but Saturday night was special because nobody expected it, nobody except for the team and our fans of course…

In my opinion, the Espn talking heads and experts have hated Miami historically because Miami was not only better, but they were different . The experience you get at a Canes game is unique to all of College Football. JT Money, Trick Daddy, even the reggaeton, where else do they do that? The turnover chain, the heat/ humidity, Running out of the smoke, the list goes on. In life, people don’t really embrace change or something “different”. These last two weeks the experts were at it once again, not giving Miami a chance. They always pick with their hearts, not their heads, because they are scared. Scared of change, scared of everything Miami is, and of course, the thought that Miami just might be “back”.

Fast forward to the game: The amount of nostalgia I felt tailgating /pregame this past Saturday Is hard to put into words. I got goosebumps when Phil Collins "In the air tonight" came on pregame. When Bandy took that pick 6 back to the house I exorcised 15 plus years of demonic frustration out of my body. The best part about it was that it felt like everyone else in that stadium did the same. We were all in it together on Saturday night. It was so **** loud and it continued through Badgley’s extra point and kickoff. We were partying and having fun, and we did it our way.

Props to all you Canes fans who stuck with this team through the good and bad times. It makes the wins feel so much better now that everyone else in the country doesn’t want to see it and that we have waited so long for this. I’m so proud of this team and our fans, couldn’t be a better fanbase that has to deal with all the **** that is said about us. Saturday Night shut a lot of people up, let’s keep this thing rolling. Go Canes.

P.s please Excuse my young Marrero writing style, im still turnt

Also, Shoutout to Big Baller Peter Ariz for the best canes site going

Advertisement
That's probably the best word I can think of to explain the last two weeks: Exorcism, by Pastor Richt.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't think espn or the other outlets hate us, they just wanted proof before getting onboard. Any other team, and we'd all agree with that. There are individuals (I'm looking at you PenisHead), but the organizations don't really care, it's college football fans that hate us. If 20 years of good kids staying out of trouble and graduating hasn't changed their minds about us, then nothing will. Fck em.

Saturday night was one of the greatest nights I've ever had as a Cane fan… I grew up going to the OB with my dad, My first real memory being the 1998 UCLA game, Edge running for 300 in an awesome comeback to upset Cade McNown and the #2 team in the country. A couple years later and Miami was back. “Back” to the point that you walked into the Orange Bowl expecting Miami to win, the only question was by how much. Had so many great memories then, but Saturday night was special because nobody expected it, nobody except for the team and our fans of course…

In my opinion, the Espn talking heads and experts have hated Miami historically because Miami was not only better, but they were different . The experience you get at a Canes game is unique to all of College Football. JT Money, Trick Daddy, even the reggaeton, where else do they do that? The turnover chain, the heat/ humidity, Running out of the smoke, the list goes on. In life, people don’t really embrace change or something “different”. These last two weeks the experts were at it once again, not giving Miami a chance. They always pick with their hearts, not their heads, because they are scared. Scared of change, scared of everything Miami is, and of course, the thought that Miami just might be “back”.

Fast forward to the game: The amount of nostalgia I felt tailgating /pregame this past Saturday Is hard to put into words. I got goosebumps when Phil Collins "In the air tonight" came on pregame. When Bandy took that pick 6 back to the house I exorcised 15 plus years of demonic frustration out of my body. The best part about it was that it felt like everyone else in that stadium did the same. We were all in it together on Saturday night. It was so **** loud and it continued through Badgley’s extra point and kickoff. We were partying and having fun, and we did it our way.

Props to all you Canes fans who stuck with this team through the good and bad times. It makes the wins feel so much better now that everyone else in the country doesn’t want to see it and that we have waited so long for this. I’m so proud of this team and our fans, couldn’t be a better fanbase that has to deal with all the **** that is said about us. Saturday Night shut a lot of people up, let’s keep this thing rolling. Go Canes.

P.s please Excuse my young Marrero writing style, im still turnt

Also, Shoutout to Big Baller Peter Ariz for the best canes site going

Voila! One of the BEST ALL-TIME Cane opinions I've perused in a long time!

And thank you for telling it ' like it is, ' regarding the Hurricane DOUBTERS!

I don't think espn or the other outlets hate us, they just wanted proof before getting onboard. Any other team, and we'd all agree with that. There are individuals (I'm looking at you PenisHead), but the organizations don't really care, it's college football fans that hate us. If 20 years of good kids staying out of trouble and graduating hasn't changed their minds about us, then nothing will. Fck em.

It's obvious you're a YOUNG SCHOOL Cane and what not. But I give U a break for your young school ways, notions and all that. hUh.

Advertisement
Please, with all due respect (I mean it!), let there be no more posts about how ESPN, et al. Hate us. I know there is hate for the U all over, but God’s sake, ESPN runs our 30430 and cats vs cons over and over and over again. Do you know why? Viewership and $$$. It’s entertainment, and we bring them tons of money.

The hate is mostly amongst our opponents, who in the eighties were white, fat, and slow. Some of them still are. And their undies have since been in a wad because some “undesirable” kids from Overtown snatched their candy and ate it while sitting on them.

Remember when people on this site proclaimed we could never get back...that the game was different now...we didnt have the facilities....social media has made recruiting different and no longer possible to lock down SOFL? Yeah..I remember thinking yeah BS , give me a coach worth his salt and we could come back. Give me a Admin that gave a sh$t.

OPs point about being down for so long makes this so much sweeter.

Lets Go Canes!!!

It's obvious you're a YOUNG SCHOOL Cane and what not. But I give U a break for your young school ways, notions and all that. hUh.

It's obvious you have no idea what you're talking about. I'm not the oldest, but I was on campus for the '91 championship, so maybe you should reassess.

Or just keep crying about espn, either way is cool with me.

Advertisement
Please, with all due respect (I mean it!), let there be no more posts about how ESPN, et al. Hate us. I know there is hate for the U all over, but God’s sake, ESPN runs our 30430 and cats vs cons over and over and over again. Do you know why? Viewership and $$$. It’s entertainment, and we bring them tons of money.

The hate is mostly amongst our opponents, who in the eighties were white, fat, and slow. Some of them still are. And their undies have since been in a wad because some “undesirable” kids from Overtown snatched their candy and ate it while sitting on them.

I have to smile, you understand it very well :sneakiness:

Advertisement
Back