Some quick updates

Yall stop the **** dixon dip because of his coach

The only surprise with Dixon is that he went to OSU and not UF. That is not a UM friendly school. Dixon also wanted to play in front of big crowds, and that is what *** sold him on.

Advertisement
People worrying about what these kids are saying already need to calm down.... a long way to go.

Coley has told Gibson that we'll focus our offense and play calling to whoever the playmaker / QB is... Ever since this came out Gibson has been a lot more serious about Miami. I think Coley got a good hook there.

In Addition he should tell Gibson he will offer any offensive players that Gibson tells him to, let him call the plays and take his tests for him.

Not a bad idea actually. We need these kids

So let me get this straight, Golden has been recruiting since the day he landed the UM job and still trails OSU. Hope I'm wrong, but this Johnnie Dixon written all over it...

The difference is, we would've landed Dixon if he hadn't wanted to "get away". If we don't land Gibson, it's because of style of offense.

So let me get this straight, Golden has been recruiting since the day he landed the UM job and still trails OSU. Hope I'm wrong, but this Johnnie Dixon written all over it...

The difference is, we would've landed Dixon if he hadn't wanted to "get away". If we don't land Gibson, it's because of style of offense.

We run the wrong offense for him unless he is open to playing wr

Take a look at the other thread on Gibson; Coley is selling an offense tailored around his skill set. We're recruiting him as a QB and pitching an offense built around him and what he does best.

The two excuses above regarding Dixon and Gibson are nice attempts to rationalize the loss of Dixon and the (potential) loss of Gibson.

It's the staff's job to convince Dixon that staying close to home and playing for Miami is a better alternative to getting away. It's also the staff's job to pitch the offense to Gibson, which Coley is already selling.

This staff is relentless and the effort is present, but we need to close.

That may be true, but OSU/Meyer has a track record of utilizing his QB's as dual threats in that offense

Take a look at the other thread on Gibson; Coley is selling an offense tailored around his skill set. We're recruiting him as a QB and pitching an offense built around him and what he does best.

The two excuses above regarding Dixon and Gibson are nice attempts to rationalize the loss of Dixon and the (potential) loss of Gibson.

It's the staff's job to convince Dixon that staying close to home and playing for Miami is a better alternative to getting away. It's also the staff's job to pitch the offense to Gibson, which Coley is already selling.

That may be true, but OSU/Meyer has a track record of utilizing his QB's as dual threats in that offense

But they tend to not develop into true qbs. I look at Tebow and Braxton and you can say they're studs that just succeeded. On the other hand John Brantley? not so much. Now he was more of a pocket qb but what it tells me is that maybe Urban isnt as much a genius as much as he's gotten the studs to win in college but not succeed at the next level and other prospects have to see that and take heed to what that means. They should rather go to a stud qbs coach/o coordinator who has a history of making qbs stick in college and the pros because then you'll know those guys actually do develop you

Advertisement

You should read the obscure quotes from our forgotten other QB recruit, the kid from Alabama. The kid runs and throws--not saying he is at the level of a Gibson, but it is obvious from what Coley told him that he wants the ability to run out of a QB. Coley is willing to diversify his offense.

You should read the obscure quotes from our forgotten other QB recruit, the kid from Alabama. The kid runs and throws--not saying he is at the level of a Gibson, but it is obvious from what Coley told him that he wants the ability to run out of a QB. Coley is willing to diversify his offense.

UM was Rosier's best offer, I didn't see OSU or Auburn or Clemson all over him, I'm just saying Coley doesn't have the resume with dual threats like ***, not saying that Coley isn't capable.

Advertisement
Back