Some NFL cuts of note

Advertisement
AQM and Trent Harris I would be surprised if they’re not picked up by another team.

Advertisement
Great point, and I do see a number of 4 and even 5 stars (Rudolph) on the list.

It's the best of the best. Only the best high school players make it to a college roster where they compete against 80+ other high school superstars on their own team, not to mention the tens of thousands of other high school superstars on the other 100+ Division 1 college teams.
Then only the best college players get to an NFL training camp where they have to try to beat out the best football players in the world, oftentimes just to be on the bottom of the roster.
Just because you are a good college football player doesn't mean you will make an NFL team, which is why these 3 and done players who are not projected to be 1st or 2nd round picks should stay in school and get their degree. Better yet, hope they are on a redshirt plan, so they can finish their Bachelor's and start working on a Graduate program while on scholarship, because no school gives Graduate admittance to someone who had to bust their *** to get a subpar SAT score, unless they are a 5th year senior on an athletic scholarship.

I wonder how Tommy Streeter and Marcus Forston are doing these days?

It's the best of the best. Only the best high school players make it to a college roster where they compete against 80+ other high school superstars on their own team, not to mention the tens of thousands of other high school superstars on the other 100+ Division 1 college teams.
Then only the best college players get to an NFL training camp where they have to try to beat out the best football players in the world, oftentimes just to be on the bottom of the roster.
Just because you are a good college football player doesn't mean you will make an NFL team, which is why these 3 and done players who are not projected to be 1st or 2nd round picks should stay in school and get their degree. Better yet, hope they are on a redshirt plan, so they can finish their Bachelor's and start working on a Graduate program while on scholarship, because no school gives Graduate admittance to someone who had to bust their *** to get a subpar SAT score, unless they are a 5th year senior on an athletic scholarship.

I wonder how Tommy Streeter and Marcus Forston are doing these days?

Marcus is doing well, protecting my 'Cane children in Atlanta:

Cj-ECSVW0AA5pLt.jpg

Advertisement
From nfl.com. I may have missed someone. Here's the link: Cuts tracker: NFL teams finalize 53-player rosters. I hope they get picked up on waivers, or make a practice roster somewhere. Especially bummed for Lewis and Moten. I also thought Harris, AQM and Walford would make a roster.

Ladarius Gunter (Panthers)
Kendrick Norton (Panthers)
Justin Vogel (Browns)
Ufomba Kamalu (Texans)
Michael Badgley (Colts)
Brad Kaaya (Colts)
Dee Delaney (Jaguars)
KC McDermott (Jaguars)
Malcolm Lewis (Phins)
Anthony Moten (Phins)
Rashawn Scott (waived/injured, Phins)
Trent Harris (Patriots)
Al-Quadin Muhammad (Saints)
Kacy Rodgers (Jets)
Clive Walford (Jets)

Transfer and So FL Non-Cane names we know:
Malcolm Bunche (Giants)
Gus Edwards (Ravens)
Chris Lammons (Falcons)
Quinton Flowers (Bengals)
Kermit Whitfield (Bengals)
Deonte Thompson (Cowboys)
Isaiah McKenzie (Broncos)
Jake Rudock (Lions)
Travis Rudolph (Giants)
Rashard Robinson (Jets)
Denver Kirkland (Raiders)
Tavarus McFadden (49ers)
Bobo Wilson (Buccaneers)

Thanks for doing the home work, homie.

Minus Walford, none of those miami guys screamed long term nfl player in college if I look at that list without being a Miami fan. Walford and maybe gunter are probably the only ones with a reasonable chance of making a 53 man roster.

His father is a coach on the Jets. I don't think there was any chance he was making a roster or even the practice squad.

Hes actually played really well in the CFL. So he likely heads back there..but made some nfl money before the return that way.

Advertisement
If you asked me 4 years ago how AQM would do in the NFL I would never his NFL career would have turned out like this.

Looked like Tarzan and played like Jane. Add in the empty void between his ears, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. DMoney also shares some of the blame. A lot of those he gets all giggity about flame out.

Looked like Tarzan and played like Jane. Add in the empty void between his ears, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. DMoney also shares some of the blame. A lot of those he gets all giggity about flame out.

I actually had a class with him and since im from NY and hes from NJ we became acquaintances. He is actually a smart kid.

Advertisement
Just get your degree while you are in school..
Play football if you can, don’t just assume that football is your final career. It’s the best of the best and if you slack a little you’re done.
Hate to see some of those guys could have stayed and improved. But... we move on!!
Beat LSU!!

I actually had a class with him and since im from NY and hes from NJ we became acquaintances. He is actually a smart kid.

His final straw here would suggest he isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. He may be intelligent, just prone to dumb decisions though. Either way, had he played his cards better, he would've graduated from here.

His final straw here would suggest he isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree. He may be intelligent, just prone to dumb decisions though. Either way, had he played his cards better, he would've graduated from here.

Who is really going to expect to get busted for discounted rentals? He got very unlucky getting busted like that. Martin Shkreli is a very smart dude. He ended up getting busted. That doesn't make him dumb. Regardless I am sure he has an extra 50K he can use to pay for his last 30 credits.

Advertisement
Back