Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't exactly prove or disprove this scenario, but I'll play.

The list of Super Bowl winning QBs since Vick was drafted in 2001:
  • Brad Johnson
  • Tom Brady
  • Ben Roethlisberger
  • Peyton Manning
  • Eli Manning
  • Drew Brees
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Joe Flacco
  • Russell Wilson
  • Nick Foles
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • Matthew Stafford
And consider Matt Ryan and Jimmy Garoppolo could easily be on that list. What do they have in common? All pocket passers. Only Mahomes and Wilson are even remotely athletic, but are passers first. Lamar has yet to win a title, so can't really use him as an example. Same with Murray. Vick's downfall was always his lack of consistent passing ability. Regardless of system, if you can't dissect a defense (particularly in today's modern offenses), you still aren't going to win.
Vicks downfall was him being lazy as ****.

Advertisement
1861??

Bombardment_of_Fort_Sumter.jpg

Advertisement
Vick, in the right system, on a good team, and without the prison years, would have won at least one super bowl.

Prove me wrong.

Without the prison years? You're describing a different person than Vick. The reason he went to prison is the same reason why I don't think he would have won a SB even if he hadn't got caught. He's not a leader. He's a low-quality human and those types usually implode at some point.

Advertisement
Can't exactly prove or disprove this scenario, but I'll play.

The list of Super Bowl winning QBs since Vick was drafted in 2001:
  • Brad Johnson
  • Tom Brady
  • Ben Roethlisberger
  • Peyton Manning
  • Eli Manning
  • Drew Brees
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Joe Flacco
  • Russell Wilson
  • Nick Foles
  • Patrick Mahomes
  • Matthew Stafford
And consider Matt Ryan and Jimmy Garoppolo could easily be on that list. What do they have in common? All pocket passers. Only Mahomes and Wilson are even remotely athletic, but are passers first. Lamar has yet to win a title, so can't really use him as an example. Same with Murray. Vick's downfall was always his lack of consistent passing ability. Regardless of system, if you can't dissect a defense (particularly in today's modern offenses), you still aren't going to win.
I agree with this. If a Vick lead team makes a deep playoff run, someone is going to scheme the defense to make him pass. If I lost because he throws for 400 yards so be it. The odds are in your favor if you make throw it and keep his running contained.

Advertisement
Personally I pick Vick also. I was just surprised at the 100% votes against Rivers.

I pick Griffey also. But man, Miggy is a horse. And the younger version of him had a cannon arm. One of the best bats around.

But I get it, the board picked all of the flashier players.
It’s not at all a knock on Miggy. Miggy is a great one. But if the question is who are you starting a franchise with, it’s no doubt KGJ.

Off field: no brainer. Individual baseball players are harder to build brands around than a basketball player. So I won’t put him in the Jordan/Lebron category. But KGJ is one of the most marketable players of his time. He had it all. The name, the look, and a smile you could slap on anything. I’m sure @Rellyrell would give his apparrel endorsement 😁. He puts butts in the stands, buzz on the streets and jerseys on backs.

On field: possible top 30 player of all time. I’d have to look but his WAR may be higher than Miggy. They are both amazing either way with a bat. But what people forget is that KGJ had about 10 golden gloves BEFORE his knees started to go. He covered so much ground in the field. Doubles went to die in the gaps while he was prowling. Nobody tracked a fly ball to the warning track/wall the way he did. He had it all.

It was kinda just hyperbole. I’m used to talking with my friends that love country so I just bust their balls

Country music has some absolute bangers but ya know you get those country music purists that are like “THATS NOT COUNTRY MUSIC”

I’m like ok…

But I’m with you
I'm headed out to see the Marcus King band in a few. I've heard he's young & a phenomenal guitar player. Kind of cut out of the SRV mold.

I'll be back with a report....

Advertisement
It’s not at all a knock on Miggy. Miggy is a great one. But if the question is who are you starting a franchise with, it’s no doubt KGJ.

Off field: no brainer. Individual baseball players are harder to build brands around than a basketball player. So I won’t put him in the Jordan/Lebron category. But KGJ is one of the most marketable players of his time. He had it all. The name, the look, and a smile you could slap on anything. I’m sure @Rellyrell would give his apparrel endorsement 😁. He puts butts in the stands, buzz on the streets and jerseys on backs.

On field: possible top 30 player of all time. I’d have to look but his WAR may be higher than Miggy. They are both amazing either way with a bat. But what people forget is that KGJ had about 10 golden gloves BEFORE his knees started to go. He covered so much ground in the field. Doubles went to die in the gaps while he was prowling. Nobody tracked a fly ball to the warning track/wall the way he did. He had it all.

Nike came out w/ his line; only a couple of baseball players can rock it w/ his attributes. Trout is on his line. If KGJ didn’t get injured, my guy would’ve put stats up on both offense & defense we would’ve never seen. Griffey was special; hit for average, easy power, steal bases, and a helluva defensive player. My guy put up 600+ HRs missing how many games??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back