Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. I too have tried to give country a chance but I just cant do it. Jessica Simpson? Wow. That's cool and all but not for me. I also have a somewhat eclectic taste in music but I grew out of my "I like a little of everything" and "look how diverse my playlists are!" phases a long time ago. Not saying that you are in that phase just making a general commentary. For me at least it became a matter of the older I got the more I began to just concentrate on what I know I truly like. I'm a hard rock guy and its just hardwired into me. Its who I am and will never change. I could say Im a metalhead which I am but Im not a fan of the gravel voice death metal crap. I like classic stuff like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, GNR and I love classic Rush the DLR Van Halen, Soungarden, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Queensryche(the classic lineup with Chris Degarmo and Geoff Tate), Mastodon and my favorite band has to be Tool.

I also love stuff like the Police, the Cure, The Smiths, and used to like Radiohead, The Pixies, and a lot of the late 80s early 90s college radio stuff. Primus, the classic Red Hot Chilli Peppers which means nothing after Blood Sugar *** Magic. Those early 90's Beastie Boys records like Check your Head and Ill Communication were fantastic. Classic Simple Minds and no that doesnt include "Dont you forget about me". What else....Ministry, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer ........ I guess that all pretty much sums me up.

Stuff I hated would include ......

Edie Brickell
Alanis Morrisette.
Hootie and the Blowfish
The Dave Matthews Band
The Killers
Imagine Dragons
Creed
Nickelback
Metallica post And Justice for all(I hated The Black Album and yes I know that will not be a popular take.
Marilyn Manson
Disturbed
Slipknot
Candlebox
Seven Mary Three
Five Finger Death Punch
And many more I cant think of right now.
You know what... funny, as someone who grew up in a hip hop culture in the hood of Germantown, then moving to Kansas City for HS (thanks US Govt I HATED IT), it wasn't until moving to KCMO I stated hearing of most rock bands and first heard country music. But having a ear for music (I also sing, but that's another story) I can tell you I just about don't like and/or listen to anyone on that list minus a few. Only Disturbed song I k ow is the song "Glass Shatters " they did for Stone Cold Steve Austin.

But I ***** with Alanis and Hootie. A Slipknot in small doses.

Advertisement
Gattis faster than Ivey?

View attachment 177910
😂😂🤣 I don’t know if this was sarcasm or not, but there’s some variables that we don’t know. In all honesty, we don’t know how far they were actually into the “race”, or whether they was “racing” at all. Gattis could have been on his 1st sprint trying to motivate the players to finish, while the players could have been on their 10th or so. It’s a lot we don’t know.

Advertisement
That's interesting. I too have tried to give country a chance but I just cant do it. Jessica Simpson? Wow. That's cool and all but not for me. I also have a somewhat eclectic taste in music but I grew out of my "I like a little of everything" and "look how diverse my playlists are!" phases a long time ago. Not saying that you are in that phase just making a general commentary. For me at least it became a matter of the older I got the more I began to just concentrate on what I know I truly like. I'm a hard rock guy and its just hardwired into me. Its who I am and will never change. I could say Im a metalhead which I am but Im not a fan of the gravel voice death metal crap. I like classic stuff like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Ozzy Osbourne, Megadeth, GNR and I love classic Rush the DLR Van Halen, Soungarden, Alice in Chains, Pantera, Queensryche(the classic lineup with Chris Degarmo and Geoff Tate), Mastodon and my favorite band has to be Tool.

I also love stuff like the Police, the Cure, The Smiths, and used to like Radiohead, The Pixies, and a lot of the late 80s early 90s college radio stuff. Primus, the classic Red Hot Chilli Peppers which means nothing after Blood Sugar *** Magic. Those early 90's Beastie Boys records like Check your Head and Ill Communication were fantastic. Classic Simple Minds and no that doesnt include "Dont you forget about me". What else....Ministry, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer ........ I guess that all pretty much sums me up.

Stuff I hated would include ......

Edie Brickell
Alanis Morrisette.
Hootie and the Blowfish
The Dave Matthews Band
The Killers
Imagine Dragons
Creed
Nickelback
Metallica post And Justice for all(I hated The Black Album and yes I know that will not be a popular take.
Marilyn Manson
Disturbed
Slipknot
Candlebox
Seven Mary Three
Five Finger Death Punch
And many more I cant think of right now.

Edit. Seems I had a partial duplicate of this post that I didnt notice until this second. I just got a new phone a Google Pixel 6 Pro and I'm still in the feeling out phase. Does anyone here have this phone? Any good? I traded in my last phone, an LG Stylo 6 and the biggest piece of garbage I have ever owned. I think connecting two tin cans with a piece of string would be more reliable.
There’s a lot of good country music, but mainstream country sucks. Most big country acts are pop stars that exaggerate a southern twang to get popular.

Chris Stapleton is legit as far as mainstream guys go. Brett Eldridge has some good stuff too. To find the best, you have to dig a bit or look into older stuff

Advertisement
Who would you start a franchise with (assuming health, perfect behavior, etc)

Ken Griffey Jr or Miguel Cabrera

Micheal Vick or Phillip Rivers

Ja Morant or Devon Booker
I love me some Griffey, but I’m gonna go against the grain with Miggy

Rivers couldn’t get over the hump with multiple HOFers and probably the most talented team in the NFL, so I’m going Vick

Ja Ja Ja

There’s a lot of good country music, but mainstream country sucks. Most big country acts are pop stars that exaggerate a southern twang to get popular.

Chris Stapleton is legit as far as mainstream guys go. Brett Eldridge has some good stuff too. To find the best, you have to dig a bit or look into older stuff
I honestly like the new country ****. I grew up in sc so obviously country was played but in my household we listened to rap and r&b so I kinda like the southern sing song type artists

Some good outlaw country out there. That's as far I can go. Billy Strings is reinventing bluegrass, his shows kick ***.

I love me some Griffey, but I’m gonna go against the grain with Miggy

Rivers couldn’t get over the hump with multiple HOFers and probably the most talented team in the NFL, so I’m going Vick

Ja Ja Ja
Vick is like a burning star tho. That skill set isn't built for longevity. Gave the falcons what, 6 electric years. Passed over 20 tds only twice in his career. Granted, a true playmaker.

But Rivers gave 15 years of good football. Nearly double the good years Vick gave.

That should be a factor when picking one player to build around imo.

Advertisement
At their pinnacle, who do you take?

Gretzky or Lemieux?
Gretzky.

sexy photo shoot GIF

Some good outlaw country out there. That's as far I can go. Billy Strings is reinventing bluegrass, his shows kick ***.
Tyler Childers is pretty good as well. Billy Strings has caught my attention a couple times also. Bluegrass really isn’t a favorite genre of mine but Childers is scheduled to be at Delfest this year which is a bluegrass festival that is held at the county fairgrounds in which I live, I plan on going to this year. Del McCoury brought it all together, good exposure for the part of Maryland I live in. Steve Martin and his band the Steep Canyon Rangers played there 3 years ago as well.

Tyler Childers is pretty good as well. Billy Strings has caught my attention a couple times also. Bluegrass really isn’t a favorite genre of mine but Childers is scheduled to be at Delfest this year which is a bluegrass festival that is held at the county fairgrounds in which I live, I plan on going to this year. Del McCoury brought it all together, good exposure for the part of Maryland I live in. Steve Martin and his band the Steep Canyon Rangers played there 3 years ago as well.
Never had much interest in bluegrass until I went to a bluegrass festival outside Parkersburg WV when I lived in Athens, Ohio. Really learned to appreciate it. Telluride Bluegrass Festival is on my bucket list.

Advertisement
Never had much interest in bluegrass until I went to a bluegrass festival outside Parkersburg WV when I lived in Athens, Ohio. Really learned to appreciate it. Telluride Bluegrass Festival is on my bucket list.
Me neither, since listening to Childers, I’ve started to look into that kind of music more. Sturgill Simpson, Colter Wall, the Dead South, and more. I listened to Hank Jr., Waylon, Cash all them back in high school. Go back and forth on my playlist with different kind of songs now as well as genres.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back