Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
PJ Harvey is an extraordinary talent
One female singer with an absolutely amazing voice and range is Kate Pierson from the B52s, but wasn't the primary vocalist so she could only shine in limited spots. I wish she had done solo work earlier, but stayed with the band until releasing a solo album when she was already in her 60's.

you are old school like my cousin. he doesn't like anything after like 1980. I started going to shows in the 80's so I kind of have a soft spot for that era.
Man you are older school that me! I was born in 1983. I tend to favor the sound without the drum machines, synthesizers/midi keyboards, and vocal tricks that Bob used to use, though also love what Brent's vocals brought to the band. I guess I lean to a more pared down sound?

giphy.gif

Advertisement
The responsibility of the Chiefs offensive success is irrespective of EB’s qualifications to be a HC, simply based on the fact that there are coaches who get NFL jobs who have no responsibility for either side of the ball. If the criteria was you have to be a OC or DC in order to get HC job then that would be valid, however multiple coaches have been hired despite never once calling plays or being a coordinator ever in their life.

If the Chiefs let him walk, that’s their decision, it wouldn’t make me feel anything, it doesn’t invalidate his HC potentiality, why? Because there are people who get HC jobs in the league who are less qualified than him. The two situations are not synonymous.

Again, Bieniemy’s opportunity to get a HC job has nothing to do with his qualifications or his knowledge of Football, the only reason people make that argument is because they’re trying to justify a faulty hiring process by attempting to discredit his qualifications, which in turn actually validates his qualifications even more because no one can explain why coaches who have no business being a HC get hired in the first place. The cognitive dissonance & mental gymnastics happen when it comes to EB because people just don’t wanna say what it really is.

That’s why the goalposts are always moved because if there was a strict stringent requirement to be HC in the NFL, at least 50% of the league wouldn’t have hired their current coaches in the first place, but alas there isn’t.

The hiring process in the league is based on one thing & one thing only, likability. If whichever one of the 32 owners that’s interviewing you likes you, you’ll get hired, doesn’t matter what your qualifications are, experience or how good you are at your job, if they people in charge of hiring you like you, you’ll get the job.

Do you know a lot of people in life that get hired by people that don’t like them?

Advertisement
I can’t stop watching this curling match. It’s not even USA. Why is this **** so mesmerizing.
I haven't watched this time, but it's ridiculous how interesting curling is and I don't know why.

It really is. But man, how many Playing in the Bands or intros into Fire were just killed by her yelling? For me, my peak years are for sure 69 through 73. The 1970 Fillmore East Valentines Day run is it for me. But yea, the jazzy elements of 1973 are tough to top too. I need to get back into the Dead while I work. Been doing more jazz or Phish as of late.

Relisten app.

Can’t forget my girl Bjork who gets extra points for her unique, eccentric style. Also check out Esthero and early Nely Furtado, not exactly world class vocals but great song writing and production. Esthero’s “Breath From Another” is one of my favorite 90s albums

Advertisement
One female singer with an absolutely amazing voice and range is Kate Pierson from the B52s, but wasn't the primary vocalist so she could only shine in limited spots. I wish she had done solo work earlier, but stayed with the band until releasing a solo album when she was already in her 60's.
Great call, she is awesome. Give Me Back My Man is one of her finest, and the B52s themselves are way underrated

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back