Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't usually bang on it off the line but when the tires were new it held decently. I've had the suspension modded also and the car tracks straight as an arrow spinning off the line. My fun driving is normally 60 to 160 screams. Slippery for me is dropping a gear to pass someone and breaking traction badly at 80.. that's the **** that scares the **** out of me. Look at the median.. look at the woods.. look at the median again.. look at the woods again.. and then somehow the car straightens out. I think I've used all my dumb luck with this car.
😳. I’ve always thought that there was no such thing as too much power in a street legal automobile…. I think you just made me realize that there may be.

Advertisement
In no particular order:

Lita Ford
Grace Slick
Ann Wilson (she was smoking hot back in the day)
Joplin
Dolores O'Riordan (her voice haunts me)
Joan Jett (she would leave you crying after she fvcked you)
Kim Deal
Siouxsie Sioux
Shirley Manson
Tina Turner (I done told you Tina)
Pat Benatar
Chrissie Hynde
Patti Smith
Grace Slick spent a year at the U back in the 50s, so extra points for her

In addition to all the names mentioned, I'll add Neko Case, Kelly Hogan, and Alison Krauss for folks on the Americana/alt country side

I laughed but the truth is she was hampered by the technology of the time. No in ear monitors and apparently because of the Dead's speaker system at the time (especially the wall of sound), she could never hear what key was going on.

Everyone hates Donna. It's kinda sad.

I am not sure they would want to, but I'd love if someone could ISO her vocals out of those year's recordings. It is a shame too because it overshadows what was an impressive session artist career before joining the dead. She was a singer on When a Man Loves a Woman and Suspicious Minds and was a background singer for Elvis, Neil Diamond, Duane Allman and a bunch of other folks that recorded in Muscle Shoals.
Poor Donna Jean. People want to erase her from history. 74 and 77 are the pinnacle and she kind of ruins some of those gigs or at least some songs.

Advertisement
In no particular order:

Lita Ford
Grace Slick
Ann Wilson (she was smoking hot back in the day)
Joplin
Dolores O'Riordan (her voice haunts me)
Joan Jett (she would leave you crying after she fvcked you)
Kim Deal
Siouxsie Sioux
Shirley Manson
Tina Turner (I done told you Tina)
Pat Benatar
Chrissie Hynde
Patti Smith
Tina turner, Janis, Patti smith, Chrissie Hynde, Benatar, Joan Jett all great. Don’t forget Ronnie spector and Annie Lennox.

Look Spying GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

Advertisement
Everyone hates Donna. It's kinda sad.
Poor Donna Jean. People want to erase her from history. 74 and 77 are the pinnacle and she kind of ruins some of those gigs or at least some songs.
It really is. But man, how many Playing in the Bands or intros into Fire were just killed by her yelling? For me, my peak years are for sure 69 through 73. The 1970 Fillmore East Valentines Day run is it for me. But yea, the jazzy elements of 1973 are tough to top too. I need to get back into the Dead while I work. Been doing more jazz or Phish as of late.

From Gaby:

Hearing that Benedict Hyppolite is taking a role with the Gators. He came to Miami as a GA back in 2020 and had since been promoted to an offensive analyst. Prior to his time in Coral Gables, Hyppolite was the offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at Florida Memorial. He spent the two years before that as the head coach at Carol City.

Advertisement
If you have been into jazz or phish @wspcane try Weather Report or Mahavishnu Orchestra. I personally like Santana’s jazzy albums like Caravanserai or Herbie Hanco Headhunters era. Chick Correa and Return To Forever might be of interest as well. Bella Fleck will check some of those boxes but I’m sure you are familiar with his work.

😳. I’ve always thought that there was no such thing as too much power in a street legal automobile…. I think you just made me realize that there may be.
lol lots of people handle it but in my case it was bad tires and lack of impulse control. bad combination! With the right tires the risk is really expensive tickets. All the Hellcats you see running around are pretty much the same hp to the wheels. You just gotta adult better than I can.

From Gaby:

Hearing that Benedict Hyppolite is taking a role with the Gators. He came to Miami as a GA back in 2020 and had since been promoted to an offensive analyst. Prior to his time in Coral Gables, Hyppolite was the offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach at Florida Memorial. He spent the two years before that as the head coach at Carol City.
Replacing him with Varner and Smith is a giant upgrade.

Advertisement
If you have been into jazz or phish @wspcane try Weather Report or Mahavishnu Orchestra. I personally like Santana’s jazzy albums like Caravanserai or Herbie Hanco Headhunters era. Chick Correa and Return To Forever might be of interest as well. Bella Fleck will check some of those boxes but I’m sure you are familiar with his work.
Appreciate those recs... I was lucky enough to see a decent number of those folks, including Herbie, Chick and Bela Fleck. Always appreciate more jazz recs. Lately, it has been a lot of Grant Green. This morning I actually listened to the Herbie Hancock Joni Mitchell tribute album. What a record that is.

lol lots of people handle it but in my case it was bad tires and lack of impulse control. bad combination! With the right tires the risk is really expensive tickets. All the Hellcats you see running around are pretty much the same hp to the wheels. You just gotta adult better than I can.
True about the hellcats…. Similar hp except the Hellcats are on average about 350lbs heavier. But I get your point tho. “That car can become your coffin if you don’t respect it.” High Hp and testosterone has always been a bad combination.

From Gaby:

Way to Benedict that Mr Hyppolite....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back