Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I have a relative that might want something like this. You don’t have to tell us what you paid but what is generally the price range for this model?
If they are interested in moving quickly and like the color of the Carbon edition (the color in the picture with the option for red or black interior), they should move quickly to get a 2021 where they can get that model with AWD and a turbo for ~34K sticker. It is in the middle of the trim options and I (and most of the car review magazines) found that the best value for what was included (plus I think it is the best color scheme). The higher trims which do not offer this color and have a several thousand dollar bump for things like heated rear seats which could not care less about.

Starting in 22 all trims will come with AWD, but the turbo will only be available on the trims above the Carbon edition - for only ~$1500 more, the turbo is definitely worth it for the extra power. Without it, I would imagine it would be a little big sluggish (but I did not test drive w/o).

They are also introducing a CX-50 which will give it more "off-road" features. I put that in quotes as it will not be capable of any real off roading, but it does look nice.

1644949703259.png

Last edited:
Can the prospect not commit here or can they just mot recruit that school. Has to be a loophole, I know mario wants bain

Sounds to me like we would not be allowed to openly recruit Bain if coach Smith is hired. I guess he could still commit and enroll, but he wouldn't be allowed to visit and get the full recruiting treatment. I'm sure it would be scrutinized closely so coaches probably wouldn't be allowed to text, call etc.. at least on the books. If that's the case, cutting off a pipeline to take on a coach as an analyst would be crazy. I'm sure there's some backdoor work arounds otherwise no high school coach in the country is going to advance their position.

Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
Sounds to me like we would not be allowed to openly recruit Bain if coach Smith is hired. I guess he could still commit and enroll, but he wouldn't be allowed to visit and get the full recruiting treatment. I'm sure it would be scrutinized closely so coaches probably wouldn't be allowed to text, call etc.. at least on the books. If that's the case, cutting off a pipeline to take on a coach as an analyst would be crazy. I'm sure there's some backdoor work arounds otherwise no high school coach in the country is going to advance their position.
I wonder if coach smith just can’t communicate with him, if that rule means nobody at our school can then the ncaa full of **** frfr

Did you used to drive a Jeep Wrangler? I saw that same license plate on a Jeep multiple times about 5 years ago when I was a DC resident.
The one that would have the top down all year including when it snowed 😁😂

Yes, that was me and then my next car after that and now on its 3rd car. Sadly I can't find any pics of the Jeep, but this is car #2 with the plates:

Picture6.jpg

Advertisement
"No I’m just not going to burn sources over a defensive ends coach. The alternative would be to have not said anything at all. Just wanted to let you guys know that things are moving along there and they’re zeroing in on some guys. You can take it or leave it but I wouldn’t have come on here and said anything at all had I not had reason to."

Gaby said Take how you wanna F'in take it lol
Insider rustling…

I was lucky enough to have unintentionally sold my car when the used market was already very high, but while they were still discounting the new ones off their MSRP. Got this one brand new, AWD Turbo Carbon edition for ~$32K. Normally I go with certified pre-owned, but with the prices all out of whack, this made sense.

The '21s are the last year they are offering the turbo on the Carbon edition though which is a bummer as I think the matte slate blue with black wheels (and option for red seats) is by far the best color option.
The look of mine is the best it’s got going for it. It’s not a very exciting drive for the enthusiast without the turbo I’ll be honest. I think I bought mine before the cert pre owned market blew up as I paid 19.5k. This is the family car as my wife mostly drives it, I’ll be looking for a manual sedan in the future that is fun to drive.

Advertisement
If I’m not mistaken this rule just means that Roland can’t recruit the school for 2 years. Which is fine.. Mario wants him for his football acumen not to land Bain or anyone else from Central.

The rest of the staff can recruit there and Roland can still give insights on who else they’ve got, other players in the area, etc

Or we can hire him to coach nickels or CB and ignore the rule all-together.

The look of mine is the best it’s got going for it. It’s not a very exciting drive for the enthusiast without the turbo I’ll be honest. I think I bought mine before the cert pre owned market blew up as I paid 19.5k. This is the family car as my wife mostly drives it, I’ll be looking for a manual sedan in the future that is fun to drive.
I went from an Audi A4 prior to this car, so it definitely is not as sporty as that one, but I do like sitting up higher. I don't drive my car a lot (only put 7K miles on the Audi in 3 years and currently only 4,500 on this one after 8 months and driving down the east cost to St Pete via Richmond, Asheville, and Durham and then to Austin via NOLA), so I don't need a ton of excitement as long as I have the power I need to merge (especially with a car full of stuff), etc.

Fom the reviews I have read, the turbo is pretty sporty for a SUV - especially one at this price point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If they are interested in moving quickly and like the color of the Carbon edition (the color in the picture with the option for red or black interior), they should move quickly to get a 2021 where they can get that model with AWD and a turbo for ~34K sticker. It is in the middle of the trim options and I (and most of the car review magazines) found that the best value for what was included (plus I think it is the best color scheme). The higher trims which do not offer this color and have a several thousand dollar bump for things like heated rear seats which could not care less about.

Starting in 22 all trims will come with AWD, but the turbo will only be available on the trims above the Carbon edition - for only ~$1500 more, the turbo is definitely worth it for the extra power. Without it, I would imagine it would be a little big sluggish (but I did not test drive w/o).

They are also introducing a CX-50 which will give it more "off-road" features. I put that in quotes as it will not be capable of any real off roading, but it does look nice.

View attachment 177763

Thanks a lot that’s really good info. I’m pretty sure they would like that carbon with the red interior if I know this person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back