Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
If we are hiring a DE coach and Salave'a isn’t a great recruiter, why is he on staff? Really seems like a waste to split up the defensive line.

Maybe tried to create a diverse staff geographically and ethnically. He's our Polynesian guy

Mario drives a Caddy, maybe an Escalade but definitely a cream puff
View attachment 177746
My wife’s father, whose been gone since ‘88, had one like this. Baby blue with dark blue leather interior and white rag top. It was close to mint and mostly sat in his garage. I drove it a couple of times and it’s so long, it was like driving a yacht.

My mother-in-law finally sold it about 10 years ago and the best offer she got was $10K.

Got a 2020 Lincoln Nautilus from SAA for $29,000 because it had some cosmetic damage on the rear bumper. Had 19,000 miles on it and MSRPs for $40-$50k depending on the trim. Cost me $1500 to completely replace the bumper, so all in, I paid $30,500 for a $45,000 vehicle. I will NEVER not buy from an auction again lol.

Also, if you know any police officers, ask them to take you to a police auction. Bought my nephew his first vehicle like 8 years ago for $250.00 ( was a 2001 Honda Civic with like 103k miles on it) and he is still driving it today. They auction off all the cars they seize in drug busts that people don't come back and claim. Potential for ridiculous deals there.
Wow!!!

Advertisement
Stay Down Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

If you paired Craig kuligowski with a killer recruiter as the second d line coach… I firmly believe you would have the best defensive line room in America every year. If Salavea is a true technician and a so so recruiter, pairing him up with a big time recruiter as a secondary d line coach will maximize the room and am really excited to see how it looks in 2 years
You’re probably right. Either way Mario brought him and not other coaches from Oregon so there has to be a reason he’s here.

He was one of the first hires Mario made. Both him and Mirabal seemed to have joined at the same time. So it seems like Joe was actually a priority for him.

The Joe slander is so confusing to me. At least let the guy "fail" before we start ****ting on him for no reason.
I’m more curious as to why he was one of Mario’s first hires, yet we want another guy coaching the same room with him. He’s probably better on field and we need a good recruiter. Personally I’d split the DB room up before the D Line but I’m not HC so it doesn’t matter.

Advertisement
My dude, do you even know what a lease is? :LOL:

No seriously, are you mixing buying a car w leasing? I can't figure out what you're talking about. A "3% lease" would be like paying $1500 a month for a $50k MSRP auto. A 1% lease would be paying $500/month. And so on.
Dude you need to stop. None of that was said and you’re talking in circles. The 3% percent is what’s added to the loan you’re paying to the financial institution that’s allowing you to rent the car from the dealer. The MSRP of a vehicle is what the manufacturer makes. Dealers usually add 5 to 8 percent on top of MSRP and that’s how we make our money…and it’s also non negotiable on a lease because you’re not going to own the car.

Thanks. Ive heard that before. You just cant beat some of the foreign makers. Ive tried to buy American, but when I retire its every man for themselves. I'll need a car I can go 150K miles without pouring money into. Ive got a few years before I do it.
If that’s your plan then I’d stay away from any domestic midsize SUV. Particularly the GM’s.

I’m more curious as to why he was one of Mario’s first hires, yet we want another guy coaching the same room with him. He’s probably better on field and we need a good recruiter. Personally I’d split the DB room up before the D Line but I’m not HC so it doesn’t matter.
It's not all that surprising when you consider Mario's philosophy in winning the trenches. We have the equivalent of 2 OL coaches on staff with Mario and Mirabal so it's not crazy to think he wants to match that with 2 DL coaches.

Alabama has two coaches on defense with DL coaching experience. Roach coaching the DL and Sunseri coaching OLB. Sunseri getting some credit for Will Anderson's development.

Georgia has two coaches on defense with DL coaching experience. Chidera just joined as OLB but coached DL at TCU and SMU. Plus Tray Scott who is the DL coach at UGA.

So this is par for the course considering what Mario is trying to build. Joe as DL coach with an OLB/Edge coach.

Advertisement
Dude you need to stop. None of that was said and you’re talking in circles. The 3% percent is what’s added to the loan you’re paying to the financial institution that’s allowing you to rent the car from the dealer. The MSRP of a vehicle is what the manufacturer makes. Dealers usually add 5 to 8 percent on top of MSRP and that’s how we make our money…and it’s also non negotiable on a lease because you’re not going to own the car.

Uh, lol yeah dude. It's called the money factor. Weird, I've never had a conversation with anyone who knows a shred about leasing, let alone a salesman, who didn't use the correct expression for the interest 50 times from the jump, but I'm happy to help. You SURE you were in the biz lol?

And I even mentioned it already. Your "usuallys" is where me and my lease guy go to work. Via negotiation, incentives, and rebates we got the "sale" price of the lease down from $61k MSRP to ~$43k (can't remember specifically and too lazy to back out the math) which, along with a favorable residual value, was the reason we were able to paper it at such a low monthly. Leasing is formulaic. Period.

I don't even know what your point is anymore.

End of story: I pay $299 a month for a $61k+ car for my wife, and she's happy. With $0 drive off. 35 total $299 payments for 36 months of use. If you can find that, I commend you. You can try to spin away from that fact all you want, but it won't change anything. I'll just keep winning the lease game regardless.

This is boring now. I'm beyond out.

Uh, lol yeah dude. It's called the money factor. Weird, I've never had a conversation with anyone who knows a shred about leasing, let alone a salesman, who didn't use the correct expression for the interest 50 times from the jump, but I'm happy to help. You SURE you were in the biz lol?

And I even mentioned it already. Your "usuallys" is where me and my lease guy go to work. Via negotiation, incentives, and rebates we got the "sale" price of the lease down from $61k MSRP to ~$43k (can't remember specifically and too lazy to back out the math) which, along with a favorable residual value, was the reason we were able to paper it at such a low monthly. Leasing is formulaic. Period.

I don't even know what your point is anymore.

End of story: I pay $299 a month for a $61k+ car. With $0 drive off. 35 total $299 payments for 36 months of use. If you can find that, I commend you. You can try to spin away from that fact all you want, but it won't change anything. I'll just keep winning the lease game regardless.

This is boring now. I'm beyond out.
Leasing isn’t formulaic. They’re bracketed and are meant to be repeatable with the only difference being how much you put down if you even do but you can pretend you know what the **** you’re talking because your buddy didn’t ******* whack you over the head like all brokers and car salesmen. It’s not like it was my job to negotiate with the banks and create these deals to my dealer money as a finance manager or anything.

You got a “great“ deal for you. The dealer still made money on you and that’s the only way that vehicle left the lot.

Leasing isn’t formulaic. They’re bracketed and are meant to be repeatable with the only difference being how much you put down if you even do but you can pretend you know what the **** you’re talking because your buddy didn’t ******* whack you over the head like all brokers and car salesmen. It’s not like it was my job to negotiate with the banks and create these deals to my dealer money as a finance manager or anything.

You got a “great“ deal for you. The dealer still made money on you and that’s the only way that vehicle left the lot.

Dude, there is a whole cottage industry out there on how to game leasing. You are wildly ignorant here. I see why you don't have your job anymore. I'm guessing you paid too much for your lease too lol. Watching you twist, deflect and move the goalposts STILL isn't interesting enough to continue. I don't know if you're full of crap, illiterate, or just stubborn, but this is really, really, really boring, and I'm sure for many who may be reading this. You can get your last word in, I won't reply. I'll just drive off in style. Out. 🕊️

Advertisement
It's not all that surprising when you consider Mario's philosophy in winning the trenches. We have the equivalent of 2 OL coaches on staff with Mario and Mirabal so it's not crazy to think he wants to match that with 2 DL coaches.

Alabama has two coaches on defense with DL coaching experience. Roach coaching the DL and Sunseri coaching OLB. Sunseri getting some credit for Will Anderson's development.

Georgia has two coaches on defense with DL coaching experience. Chidera just joined as OLB but coached DL at TCU and SMU. Plus Tray Scott who is the DL coach at UGA.

So this is par for the course considering what Mario is trying to build. Joe as DL coach with an OLB/Edge coach.

It makes sense especially when you consider the increasingly versatile role that EDGE players take on with modern defenses. The fact of the matter is we also have DVD helping Addae in an off-field capacity with the DB room.

Let's keep juicing up that off-field support staff

247 Update from Gaby (Hedgemaster) on DE/Edge coach:

“ Getting some movement on the defensive ends coach. Not saying it’ll be done today or anything but I do believe they’ve narrowed it down to a few targets. Either of the two names I heard Tuesday morning would be big. Not putting a timeline on this but they’re progressing there.”

Barry will just put a “ I’ve known about it for a couple weeks now” on this and print it in his column

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back