Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Truck prices are insane because of our area. If you want to seriously by a truck then buy it on the West coast of FL or Central FL. It’ll be cheaper becabuse they sell more of them. Demand drives pricing.
I just bought a 2020 Tacoma sport model with 20k miles on it for 36k at a Toyota dealership tonight out in Haines City. I've been on the hunt for a Tacoma for over a month now and was considering a new one but I finally saw what I was looking for and pounced. It's tough sledding out there for sure if you're in the market for a new whip.
I was able to trade in my 00 Tundra with 246k on it and got them to give me $5,500 for it. Best vehicle I've ever owned btw. I may have been able to sell it privately for a little more but I said *** it and decided to take the $5,500 and run. Long story short. It took over 3 hours of negotiating back and forth but I felt good about the deal in the end. The original asking price was just north of 39k

Dealerships are stacking 3 to 5 k on top of the msrp right now if you allow them to. Not to mention all of their other bs fees they try and slide in. You better do your homework if you're buying a new car right now.

I'm just glad I can stop obsessing over finding the right truck at the right price. What a freaking relief.

I just bought a 2020 Tacoma sport model with 20k miles on it for 36k at a Toyota dealership tonight out in Haines City. I've been on the hunt for a Tacoma for over a month now and was considering a new one but I finally saw what I was looking for and pounced. It's tough sledding out there for sure if you're in the market for a new whip.
I was able to trade in my 00 Tundra with 246k on it and got them to give me $5,500 for it. Best vehicle I've ever owned btw. I may have been able to sell it privately for a little more but I said *** it and decided to take the $5,500 and run. Long story short. It took over 3 hours of negotiating back and forth but I felt good about the deal in the end. The original asking price was just north of 39k

Dealerships are stacking 3 to 5 k on top of the msrp right now if you allow them to. Not to mention all of their other bs fees they try and slide in. You better do your homework if you're buying a new car right now.

I'm just glad I can stop obsessing over finding the right truck at the right price. What a freaking relief.

I've been buying at auctions. Saved a ton. I hate going through dealerships

Toyota gang.

I went with the 4Runner over Tacoma.

Advertisement
Never buy anything made by Hyundai I always tell myself
It’s funny you guys say this. I had an 06 Elantra hatchback that I drove for 9 years. I literally treated that thing like a truck. Lumber runs, tools, everything. Granted it was beat when I was done but I just traded in an outback that I barely got 6 years out of. Let alone I dumped way more money into my outback throughout the course of ownership.
I can’t get down with Hondas. Yes they run forever. Both my daughters drive early 2006+8 civics. Reliable as the sun. I just find them to be totally spineless and not overly comfortable.

Your friend didn‘t **** you over because he was your friend.

PS: Leasing brokers aren’t there to save you money and have relationships with dealers in a agreement to bring that dealer business. Any deal your friend gave you I could‘ve gotten and you wouldn’t have had to pay any fees to me personally. I would know, I finished my “career“ if you want to call it that as a finance manager which means I was the guy that built your deal, processed it, and created the legal paperwork you signed to buy your car.

And your deal is pretty standard for anybody with decent credit. You would’ve impressed me if it you got 3% which is nearly impossible unless you have an immaculate credit score.
LOL. No, my dude. My guy actually publishes a monthly excel sheet with all his deals. Fully transparent. I didn't give him a fee because he's my friend, but for a small one anyone can get his deals.

And 3%? Huh? I really don't know what to say to you without sounding rude. But you have no idea what you're talking about. Are you SURE you sold cars? :) Standard % terminology for leases is what your monthly payment is compared to MSRP. A 1% lease, where you put $0 down and pay 1% of the MSRP a month, is considered a "solid" deal ($0 down, $750/month for a $75k MSRP auto as an example). So a 3% lease, where you are paying 3% of the MSRP would be the worst lease ever signed. So I have no idea what you're talking about. The lower the better.

Again, the last one I got for my wife was a .5% lease from him. Or to be specific, I had a $0 drive-off (NO MONEY DOWN AT ALL), and paid $299 (35 total payments) a month for a 36 month lease, for a $61,*** car.

Now of course that was the best deal I got, and it was on a luxury car that was leasing well (good residual value, money factor, factory rebates, etc) at the time, but that's why we chose it.
Before I got into healthcare, I worked for a company that dealt with the financial statements of dealer networks for the manufacturer. We had several former dealership owners that worked as account managers. They'd give training sessions on what a good financial statement should look like and how to improve. One of the metrics was used car wholesale per unit. The rule of thumb was that if you were making more than $25 per unit, you should have reconditioned and put it out on your used lot. Of course in one session, a dealer had thousands in revenue, with several hundred per unit. That particular dealer was a used car wholesaler and ran the revenue through his dealership. The moral of the story: there's an exception to every rule.

The manufacturer made a profit, the dealer made a profit, the leasing broker made a profit, and the finance company made a profit. How?

Advertisement
Did Flores hire that guy or was that guy forced on him. Because I didn’t keep up with any of that shlt. I don’t have a dog in this hunt, I was just curious.
No it was all Flores…partly because word around the street was he was hard to get along with and was heavily involved with the offense so he couldn’t find anyone to work with him (look at the dolphins new coach and you already see the difference on that front).

Article came out months after he was fired shed light on how he fired the previous oline coach a couple of days into training camp.

This is the guy that got the marketing or social media guy fired because he didn’t like a certain post that came out.

The notion that he sat idly by and let Grier take Tua without any input is laughable.

Was looking for this post to follow up: came away from the show last Thursday absolutely blown away. Best concert I’ve ever been to without a shadow of a doubt.

Light show was mesmerizing and the musicianship was spectacular. Ear drums were going numb after the first couple songs, but then started to settle in and it was like an out-of-body experience fr.

1000% going to see TOOL again if they’re anywhere in the tri-county and taking a friend with me. Highly recommend to any of y’all who like heavier rock or are just a metal fan in general. This was the set list for those who are curious
View attachment 177732
Best show I’ve ever seen. Culling Voices was the best live song I’ve experienced. Absolutely incredible. Outta body type ****t.

Advertisement
Was looking for this post to follow up: came away from the show last Thursday absolutely blown away. Best concert I’ve ever been to without a shadow of a doubt.

Light show was mesmerizing and the musicianship was spectacular. Ear drums were going numb after the first couple songs, but then started to settle in and it was like an out-of-body experience fr.

1000% going to see TOOL again if they’re anywhere in the tri-county and taking a friend with me. Highly recommend to any of y’all who like heavier rock or are just a metal fan in general. This was the set list for those who are curious
View attachment 177732
They didn’t play Lateralus? Their best song IMHO

Tried going with a sensible choice once, a 16 GX 460. I’ve also driven many 4Runners. I get they run forever but they suck unless you go off roaring and even there it’s only about reliability. It’s the white bread of cars.

Advertisement
How is this done though? Don't you need a auction license or something
Not sure how it works in other states but in MA you can go to certain auctions that are open to the public. My bosses dad owns a dealership and let me go with him to the dealer auctions a couple times as well

When I got out of the military I knew I was gonna be a little broke for a while.
I bought a 94 civic ex brand new.
I told the dealer I don’t want any power windows or power anything.
That car ran for 375k with only oil changes at about 5-7k of synthetic and timing belt changed once.
The only issue was those 90’s Hondas had bad ac’s.
When I finally got a new car I parked it in the guest parking in my complex and forgot about about it for like 3 weeks.
If you know anything about Miami is that they will tow your sht for any reason.
By the time i noticed it was gone the fees at that lot were more than what the car cost.
Right now I have a 2005 tl that I use to not put too many miles on the lease. That tl is a 6 speed manual and has 245k.
I’ll run 90 on the freeway and the thing is solid and at times I can average 28 mpg on the freeway at 60mph
If Honda only decided to build a real pick up or a real off road vehicle.
I trust a Honda like a trust a Glock.
I've had Honda since getting fed up with my American made cars constantly having problems. The only thing I do is change the oil and keep up with the 6 month maintenance. No more shop visits thank god.

247 Update from Gaby (Hedgemaster) on DE/Edge coach:

“ Getting some movement on the defensive ends coach. Not saying it’ll be done today or anything but I do believe they’ve narrowed it down to a few targets. Either of the two names I heard Tuesday morning would be big. Not putting a timeline on this but they’re progressing there.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back