Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Japanese cars may not be flashy w/ crazy horsepower, but they’re unbelievably reliable. My dad used to be a Honda tech for 15+ yrs and we’ve all driven them. My mom’s last car was an older CRV that racked up like 280k miles lol. Currently at 181k for mine rn

They’re reliable also bc they’ve been cranking out the same car for decades. You get to be pretty good at something if you do that.

Advertisement
They're incredible pieces of machinery. Run for days and days and days with very little PM. Crazy reliable, agree 1000%.
Only other brands outside of JDM I’d care to drive as a commuter vehicle would prob be Hyundai or Chevy. The German cars are nice, but pretty unreliable outside of maybe the Jetta.

100% Japanese cars may not be flashy w/ crazy horsepower, but they’re unbelievably reliable. My dad used to be a Honda tech for 15+ yrs and we’ve all driven them. My mom’s last car was an older CRV that racked up like 280k miles lol. Currently at 181k for mine rn
When I got out of the military I knew I was gonna be a little broke for a while.
I bought a 94 civic ex brand new.
I told the dealer I don’t want any power windows or power anything.
That car ran for 375k with only oil changes at about 5-7k of synthetic and timing belt changed once.
The only issue was those 90’s Hondas had bad ac’s.
When I finally got a new car I parked it in the guest parking in my complex and forgot about about it for like 3 weeks.
If you know anything about Miami is that they will tow your sht for any reason.
By the time i noticed it was gone the fees at that lot were more than what the car cost.
Right now I have a 2005 tl that I use to not put too many miles on the lease. That tl is a 6 speed manual and has 245k.
I’ll run 90 on the freeway and the thing is solid and at times I can average 28 mpg on the freeway at 60mph
If Honda only decided to build a real pick up or a real off road vehicle.
I trust a Honda like a trust a Glock.

I was just trying to enjoy my evening!

I had some Next Level Chef on the telly and some warm apple cider on the stove when I was attacked.

But what can I do?

View attachment 176856
michael jackson GIF

Advertisement
LOL. No, my dude. My guy actually publishes a monthly excel sheet with all his deals. Fully transparent. I didn't give him a fee because he's my friend, but for a small one anyone can get his deals.

And 3%? Huh? I really don't know what to say to you without sounding rude. But you have no idea what you're talking about. Are you SURE you sold cars? :) Standard % terminology for leases is what your monthly payment is compared to MSRP. A 1% lease, where you put $0 down and pay 1% of the MSRP a month, is considered a "solid" deal ($0 down, $750/month for a $75k MSRP auto as an example). So a 3% lease, where you are paying 3% of the MSRP would be the worst lease ever signed. So I have no idea what you're talking about. The lower the better.

Again, the last one I got for my wife was a .5% lease from him. Or to be specific, I had a $0 drive-off (NO MONEY DOWN AT ALL), and paid $299 (35 total payments) a month for a 36 month lease, for a $61,*** car.

Now of course that was the best deal I got, and it was on a luxury car that was leasing well (good residual value, money factor, factory rebates, etc) at the time, but that's why we chose it.
I don’t know what luxury dealer you ever gone too that only does 3 percent on MSRP. It’s a high end dealer. They‘re designed to make money on gross because they don’t move volume. Any finance guy like I was already knows that you‘re making up those numbers. Toyota doesn’t even do 3 percent on MSRP.

Last edited:
And truck prices are insane. I don’t know how the **** some of these young guys can afford them unless they’re living in them.
Truck prices are insane because of our area. If you want to seriously by a truck then buy it on the West coast of FL or Central FL. It’ll be cheaper becabuse they sell more of them. Demand drives pricing.

Nah. It’s cause it’s a Honda. I’m sure people will get all riled up cause car manufacturer loyalty makes people only slightly less insane than politics and religion, but I don’t care. Those cars will run forever. Change the oil every 3k miles and those old Hondas will pump 300k miles no problem. My first car was an 89 Accord. Bought it with 190k miles and sold it for almost the amount I bought it for with about 240k. Ran like a champ, always. Those cars are absolute machines.
They do a decent job keeping their resell value too. Real easy car to sell. When I was being trained to move to finance, the guy that trained me literally moved 50 Hondas a month for Ed Morse Honda. He was losing money by becoming a finance guy and moving up the chain. I know dudes that work at honda that have refused leadership roles because they would be losing money.

I’ve driven Honda’s since 1984. Never had a major failure. Gas, oil, and tires. Tires IF I keep them long enough. My wife is on her 6th CRV. I’ve lost track of how many I’ve owned. Most are made in the states these days. IDGAF if the profits go to Japan. They provide about 200k good jobs for Americans. My 09 Civic Coupe was made in Canada.

Advertisement
I’ve driven Honda’s since 1984. Never had a major failure. Gas, oil, and tires. Tires IF I keep them long enough. My wife is on her 6th CRV. I’ve lost track of how many I’ve owned. Most are made in the states these days. IDGAF if the profits go to Japan. They provide about 200k good jobs for Americans. My 09 Civic Coupe was made in Canada.
Alabama to be exact…well the ones shipped to FL at least lol. Same with Mercedes.

Huh? So he should keep his head down like a good boy and shut his mouth? You think he doesn't realize that he isn't going to be hired again? He never should have been fired, and everyone said he'd be snapped up immediately by a rival. Yet he wasn't. But a bunch of unproven tomato cans just got HC jobs. And then he found out that his interview with the Giants was a sham. He saw the writing on the wall and decided to do something about it. For himself, for the others that will come after him. He is calling out what he sees as the BS, racism, and hypocrisy of the good old boy network that is keeping him from earning as his talent warrants. Keeping him from creating the legacy wealth that can empower the future generations of his family.

How speaking out affects him is his business. And the great part is, it doesn't matter what you, I or anyone else thinks. He will have his day in court. The merits of his case will be argued, evidence will be presented, testimony will be heard. That's how it's supposed to work.

Although I'd bet the NFL is scared ****less for this to end up in court and will try to settle with him to the tune of mid 8-figures like they did with Kapernick. Because Flores is right.
You realize he was the front runner for the Texans job before he filed his lawsuit right?

Alabama to be exact…well the ones shipped to FL at least lol. Same with Mercedes.
Most of their assembly plants are platform specific. Civic/HRV, Accord/CRV, Ridgeline/Pilot. Very efficient with emphasis on quality. One of the reasons we see limited color combos. Less line changeovers equals less opportunity for mistakes.

I worked for one of the largest OE/aftermarket parts manufacturers for 16 years. Honda was by far the most demanding of the bunch.

While those distracted and offended by this annually recycled topic are silent accepting the reality of diversity and inclusion at their jobs taking pay cuts to get hired, getting passed up for promotions, all white executives etc…
I can only speak for like STEM fields but this is not true at all, at least recently. There are plenty of places in a bunch of sectors making a concerted effort to combat exactly this. But you want to know one of the biggest issues that they face? People then start talking out both sides of their mouths and do some hand wringing about "diversity hires" and bs like that as if it was a strictly meritocratic process before. So there isn't really any winning there.

Advertisement
When I got out of the military I knew I was gonna be a little broke for a while.
I bought a 94 civic ex brand new.
I told the dealer I don’t want any power windows or power anything.
That car ran for 375k with only oil changes at about 5-7k of synthetic and timing belt changed once.
The only issue was those 90’s Hondas had bad ac’s.
When I finally got a new car I parked it in the guest parking in my complex and forgot about about it for like 3 weeks.
If you know anything about Miami is that they will tow your sht for any reason.
By the time i noticed it was gone the fees at that lot were more than what the car cost.
Right now I have a 2005 tl that I use to not put too many miles on the lease. That tl is a 6 speed manual and has 245k.
I’ll run 90 on the freeway and the thing is solid and at times I can average 28 mpg on the freeway at 60mph
If Honda only decided to build a real pick up or a real off road vehicle.
I trust a Honda like a trust a Glock.

Toyotas for me, but same idea. I will drive my current 2012 Camry until it dies. Bought it in 2015 for $11k cash. 140,000 miles and runs like a tanque.

When I have to replace it I'll get a truck, and an even older model so it's easy to work on. I despise the newer electronics and the stupid warning beeps and ****.

Advertisement
Toyotas for me, but same idea. I will drive my current 2012 Camry until it dies. Bought it in 2015 for $11k cash. 140,000 miles and runs like a tanque.

When I have to replace it I'll get a truck, and an even older model so it's easy to work on. I despise the newer electronics and the stupid warning beeps and ****.
The 09 Civic Coupe I have now is the longest I’ve ever kept a car. It’ll be 13 years old in July and just turned 80K miles. Runs like a new one. I’ve been fortunate that I’ve never had long commutes.

The most fun to drive Honda I ever had was a 98 Prelude.

Flores got fired because the staff hated him and because of the reputation it would effect his ability to hire quality coaches going forward. This was the first time Ross actually fired a head coach when he should have so it came as a shock.

People here are blaming Grier for the Oline being bad, but again, they weren't paying attention. Flores hired a guy who had never been an offensive line coach at any level of his career and just started coaching in 2017.

Proof? The team signed Flowers as a free agent since he was good with Washington. He wasn't good with us. We cut him after a single year even though he was our best performing lineman, rejoins his original team, and is good again. Wow, strange.

Did Flores hire that guy or was that guy forced on him. Because I didn’t keep up with any of that shlt. I don’t have a dog in this hunt, I was just curious.

Yup, 1st TOOL show. I’m gonna be at AAA (I know it’s called FTX arena now but ew gross) in Downtown MIA. Gonna be my 2nd concert in that venue, it’s actually been a minute since I’ve stepped foot in that arena tbh so I’m excited for that too.

And yeah man I’ve seen videos of their concerts with the light displays they have and the energy bring, it looks insane. To experience it in person must be beyond what words can describe. The fact that you’ve been to 6 already is insane I’m jealous lol. But yeah man can’t wait!
Was looking for this post to follow up: came away from the show last Thursday absolutely blown away. Best concert I’ve ever been to without a shadow of a doubt.

Light show was mesmerizing and the musicianship was spectacular. Ear drums were going numb after the first couple songs, but then started to settle in and it was like an out-of-body experience fr.

1000% going to see TOOL again if they’re anywhere in the tri-county and taking a friend with me. Highly recommend to any of y’all who like heavier rock or are just a metal fan in general. This was the set list for those who are curious
20073012-9392-461B-82AD-0FCCB9356A24.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back