Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So the players that played well were because of Flores and the ones that didn't were Grier picks.

Do I have that right?
No. Flores is responsible for the 1-7 start, his 3 OC system, and countless other issues. Grier is responsible for failing to build a complete team, some truly baffling trades, wasting draft capital, and his failures in free agency when armed with a massive amount under the cap. I am not saying Flores deserved to stay, but I am saying Grier definitely deserved the boot. Did that simplify it, Chris?

No. Flores is responsible for the 1-7 start, his 3 OC system, and countless other issues. Grier is responsible for failing to build a complete team, some truly baffling trades, wasting draft capital, and his failures in free agency when armed with a massive amount under the cap. I am not saying Flores deserved to stay, but I am saying Grier definitely deserved the boot. Did that simplify it, Chris?
What were the baffling trades? I'll give you Rosen as I figured that was setting fire to the 2nd round pick the second that it happened, but Minkah -> Austin Jackson was Flores's fault. The Tunsil trade was amazing, so what else?

Advertisement
What were the baffling trades? I'll give you Rosen as I figured that was setting fire to the 2nd round pick the second that it happened, but Minkah -> Austin Jackson was Flores's fault. The Tunsil trade was amazing, so what else?
Trading up for Waddle and giving up the wrong first rounder and trading down to take Igbinoghene, specifically. I also have issues with what he prioritized in various draft slots, continuing to pass on RBs, and just the complete disaster that he has been in free agency.

He is terrible. I do not know how this is even a question. He was armed with a boatload of drafts picks and $10s of millions in FA money in multiple years, and this is the roster he produced. He should never have had the job in the first place, but certainly should not at this point.

Advertisement
Wtf is going in with car prices?!!

They should just call it finesse lots.

Anyone ever use a lease broker?
a couple of times. a lease broker is great if you aren't married to one car. they have different connections at the various dealerships and will be aware of the best deal at the moment. the problem is there are NO good deals now. cars are all scarce and expensive.

Trading up for Waddle and giving up the wrong first rounder and trading down to take Igbinoghene, specifically. I also have issues with what he prioritized in various draft slots, continuing to pass on RBs, and just the complete disaster that he has been in free agency.

He is terrible. I do not know how this is even a question. He was armed with a boatload of drafts picks and $10s of millions in FA money in multiple years, and this is the roster he produced. He should never have had the job in the first place, but certainly should not at this point.
I also still have no idea why McKinney was cut

Wtf is going in with car prices?!!

They should just call it finesse lots.

Anyone ever use a lease broker?

I can tell you that I bought a car for a family member a few months ago, there was no dealing, there was no negotiation, and it was more or less be glad that you’re paying sticker price and not a whole lot more.

There are several reasons for that, one of the major ones being that the supply is somewhat limited especially for certain models.

Regarding lease versus buy, or even using a broker, those are other topics that are situationally dependent.

Advertisement
Flores got fired because the staff hated him and because of the reputation it would effect his ability to hire quality coaches going forward. This was the first time Ross actually fired a head coach when he should have so it came as a shock.

People here are blaming Grier for the Oline being bad, but again, they weren't paying attention. Flores hired a guy who had never been an offensive line coach at any level of his career and just started coaching in 2017.

Proof? The team signed Flowers as a free agent since he was good with Washington. He wasn't good with us. We cut him after a single year even though he was our best performing lineman, rejoins his original team, and is good again. Wow, strange.
I don’t follow the NFL and have no dog in this fight but did Flores really make a Patke level hire to coach his OL? That shid wild

Advertisement

Not sure what’s OT anymore.

Live look at John Ruiz reading this tweet
FE3BE817-9F36-4B73-B8B9-574AF43B2481.gif

The situation with black coaches is similar to what we saw with black QBs. It doesn't need to be explicit but it is still obvious in retrospect. The two best examples in Flores's complaint were Jim Caldwell and Steve Wilks.

Caldwell had the best winning percentage of any Lions coach since the '50s and still got fired after a 9-7 season. Four years later and we're talking about Dan Campbell's "grit" when he wins 3 games. Steve Wilks was one-and-done at Arizona because Josh Rosen sucked. Steve Keim, the guy who drafted Rosen and got arrested for DUI, is still there.

Flores himself got fired after two winning seasons and an overachieving tank season.
Exactly!!! Until the teams and people in charge start to see their hypocrisy, nothing is gonna change.

I remember gas being less than 30 cents a gallon
Yeah .. but at your age you're thankful to still be above ground .. so there's that. (I am as well!! ... used to be able to put a gallon of gas in the car for $.25 and go to Tony's Pizza Palace with a date for a slice and a coke .. $.25 each. Left home with a dollar and had $.25 left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back