Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him being fired and calling out the NFL for their BS hiring practices are two separate things in my opinion.

Regarding the dolphins, it’s clear he basically wanted complete control and was not getting along with the GM despite him having major say in personnel. He now wanted it in writing.

He basically became like the guy in New England but the problem was he never won anything to behave like that. That was the miscalculation on his part. I don’t think he believed Ross would have the balls to fire him especially since he had a winning season and closed pretty good save for the debacle against Tennessee.

He absolutely should have been hired based on coaching alone…. But what GM would sign off on him if he couldn’t get along with Grier who is known as one of the most coach friendly GMs in the league?

And then the lawsuit comes out and he’s revealing text messages from a coach and referring to private conversations with an owner.

He had a right to do that because of the big picture but if you’re an owner or any high level nfl executive would you ever trust the guy knowing if he feels slighted that things didn’t go his way he’s saving texts or memorializing anything you might have done or said to later use against you?

There’s a reason why it’s hard for whistleblowers to ever get back in their specific industry.

And he’s said he understands he may never coach again. He’s made at least 20 million so him and his family will be fine.

I’m sad he had to be the martyr since he’s so young. One of those older black coaches should’ve bit the bullet.

The hope is the lawsuit will be settled before the real damage occurs from the discovery process.

I think it will settle since it’s in the interest of both sides. Flores is looking for real reform to the Rooney Rule and he will be a hero to any future black guru NFL head coach (Gattis 👀).

Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

Advertisement
Advertisement
Facts. But if any of the owners and GMs had any balls at all they would hire this guy. He did more than enough at Miami to prove he deserves another shot. I felt the same about Kap. Maybe neither proves out. But their resumes are certainly better than a ton of the people actually being hired for the role.
Why would you hire someone trying to sue you?

It doesn’t happen anywhere.

Advertisement
Everyone asking for more announcements but everyone slacking off too.

2k!!! We know what we need to get to in order to finish these announcements off.
If you are into the Olympics at all, US Women’s hockey advanced to the finals…against Canada for the millionth time. Canada will be tough. They’ve been running through the field acting like the Showtime Lakers scoring at will.

I’m tryin bro 😉

He wanted Herbert though. Part of his beef was that he didn’t believe in Tua and apparently was not really encouraging to the guy the FO drafted to be the future of the team.
Revisionist history. There’s no pick that Grier made that Flores didn’t sign off on especially in the first three rounds. That doesn’t free Grier from culpability though since he’s the GM and why I thought he should’ve been fired too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Dang bro. You takin this **** serious. Chill. We have some fun in this thread. You having some keyboard issues there?

I never said Flores good Grier bad. I was just messing with you about the Flores comment. But I guess you and I have different expectations of Grier. That’s cool. Grier has been with this losing franchise learning under loser GMs for way too long. His drafts over his body of work have been less than stellar to say the least. I’m not a fan of him and think if you are going to fire Flores, he should have been fired as well and completely clean house.

Unfortunately I don’t think any of it matters until Ross sells.
It's always a question from the outside, but internally it's not that hard to have the receipts to know who pushed for who and then determine the result of those decisions.

If Grier was the one pushing for the players who were failing, I'm sure he would have been fired as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back