Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
What position did John Harbaugh play? What about Mike McDaniel?

Having a “feel for the game” is a requirement now? Lol

And trying to discredit EB from the Chiefs offense is exactly part of the problem right there, Andy Reid has said out his own mouth that EB calls plays & is a viable part of coaching their offense, but yet people have a 100m sprint to take as much credit away from him as possible in order to justify not hiring him.

What offense was Dan Campbell responsible for? When has he ever called plays in his life?

There’s always a moving of the goalposts when it comes to EB, but the reality is it has nothing to do with his qualifications or knowledge of the game.

PREACH!!

If Kliff Klinsbury can fail into a NFL HC position, from Texas Tech, then all things are possible.

At the end of of day, a owner needs to feel comfortable with hiring a coach. We've seen morally curropt coaches like Urban get chance after chance. Owners don't want EB, point blank!

Last edited:
Advertisement

And trying to discredit EB from the Chiefs offense is exactly part of the problem right there, Andy Reid has said out his own mouth that EB calls plays & is a viable part of coaching their offense, but yet people have a 100m sprint to take as much credit away from him as possible in order to justify not hiring him.

What offense was Dan Campbell responsible for? When has he ever called plays in his life?

There’s always a moving of the goalposts when it comes to EB, but the reality is it has nothing to do with his qualifications or knowledge of the game.
You think Reid retains him? Meeting tomorrow.

Or maybe he's a former RB that isn't fit to be the HC of an NFL team? It's highly unlikely the Chiefs offense isn't a product of his superiority. Former RBs typically don't have a feel for the game to the same caliber a wide receiver or QB would have.

Dan Reeves is the only former RB to have success as a HC. And you could even make an argument on how effective of a HC Reeves really was.
Did you watch Bieniemy play? He was basically a wide receiver out the backfield. I'd say he probably has great feel and understanding of the game.

Correction: meeting *soon*. The issue at hand could be that Bieniemy has been working under 1 yr. contracts. With Reid losing Kafka and Bieniemy essentially a FA, that may leave Reid in an unenviable position. Losing EB for a HC position is one thing, for a lateral move a different matter. Maybe nothing, but wouldn't be surprised to see a parting of the ways.

Advertisement

This!!!

Here's a great article that touches on pretty much everything you said. Dude deserves a chance.

Advertisement

You are certainly entitled to that opinion.

The point is that Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are certainly more responsible for the offensive success than EB and teams looking for a HC are entitled to a guy that makes gives them the best chance to win. Maybe EB isn’t that guy?

Let me ask you this. EB’s contract is up. What would you say or how would you feel if the Chiefs let him walk?

??? That showed a retweet by Crutchfield ... at Michigan ... stating that Matt Weiss was named Co OC and he had hired Grant Newsome to be the Michigan TE coach. Says nothing about "Crutchfield going to Miami to help coach WR's".
Looking Where Are You GIF by Polyvinyl Records

Rick, if you look a little closer, you’ll see that Nate has a University of Miami profile picture, a University of Miami cover photo, and his bio says University of Miami football….

But I guess since his last rt was Michigan, then he’ll probably just be staying there…

Do you prefer I link the VIP article that I so generously summarized and that you can’t access? I’m at your service Rick, just tell me what I got to do to please you!!

The point is that Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes are certainly more responsible for the offensive success than EB and teams looking for a HC are entitled to a guy that makes gives them the best chance to win. Maybe EB isn’t that guy?

Let me ask you this. EB’s contract is up. What would you say or how would you feel if the Chiefs let him walk?
The responsibility of the Chiefs offensive success is irrespective of EB’s qualifications to be a HC, simply based on the fact that there are coaches who get NFL jobs who have no responsibility for either side of the ball. If the criteria was you have to be a OC or DC in order to get HC job then that would be valid, however multiple coaches have been hired despite never once calling plays or being a coordinator ever in their life.

If the Chiefs let him walk, that’s their decision, it wouldn’t make me feel anything, it doesn’t invalidate his HC potentiality, why? Because there are people who get HC jobs in the league who are less qualified than him. The two situations are not synonymous.

Again, Bieniemy’s opportunity to get a HC job has nothing to do with his qualifications or his knowledge of Football, the only reason people make that argument is because they’re trying to justify a faulty hiring process by attempting to discredit his qualifications, which in turn actually validates his qualifications even more because no one can explain why coaches who have no business being a HC get hired in the first place. The cognitive dissonance & mental gymnastics happen when it comes to EB because people just don’t wanna say what it really is.

That’s why the goalposts are always moved because if there was a strict stringent requirement to be HC in the NFL, at least 50% of the league wouldn’t have hired their current coaches in the first place, but alas there isn’t.

The hiring process in the league is based on one thing & one thing only, likability. If whichever one of the 32 owners that’s interviewing you likes you, you’ll get hired, doesn’t matter what your qualifications are, experience or how good you are at your job, if they people in charge of hiring you like you, you’ll get the job.

Advertisement
Looking Where Are You GIF by Polyvinyl Records

Rick, if you look a little closer, you’ll see that Nate has a University of Miami profile picture, a University of Miami cover photo, and his bio says University of Miami football….

But I guess since his last rt was Michigan, then he’ll probably just be staying there…
I saw the profile .. but couldn't find any reference to actually changing his job from an analyst at Michigan to UM.

Advertisement

You can say this about any elite QB and head coach. That New England OC Josh I can't remember his last name has gotten another head coach job, even though Belicheck and Brady didn't need his ***.
Perception is everything in this society. Talent not soo much. The media creates a narrative and sticks to it.

??? That showed a retweet by Crutchfield ... at Michigan ... stating that Matt Weiss was named Co OC and he had hired Grant Newsome to be the Michigan TE coach. Says nothing about "Crutchfield going to Miami to help coach WR's".

He has Miami on his Twitter employee as if he works for UMiami. Was with gattis at mich, bama and uva. I’m sure Mario has hired many analysts but those kinds of hires aren’t advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back