Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
TVD threw for 29 TDs and 3000 yards in his first 8 games as a freshman. It took Herbert 14 starts to get to similar stats.

The reality is In today's game, for an elite, top 5 NFL type pick QB, Herbert's numbers were fairly pedestrian.

Herbert threw for 3500 and 32 TDs, won the Pac 12 and the Rose Bowl, top 5 draft pick. Thats not really pedestrian.

If TVD throws for 3500 32 TDs we win the ACC and blowout Wisconsin in the Orange Bowl, TVD gets drafted 3rd overall, I think most fans would be ecstatic.

Josh Allen completed less than 60% of his passes and had less than 1900 yards. Trey Lance threw for less than 3000 in his only season starting and didn't even have a SR season. NFL is drafting traits more and more.

Advertisement
The D “collapsed” against Auburn? They only gave up 27 points.

Oregon lost because the offense only scored 21, including just 7 after the first quarter. That was the collapse.

Oregon’s offense going into the Week 11 in 2019 ranked:

63rd explosive play rate overall

51st Passing

77th rushing

The passing success rate was 17th

The running success rate was 32

Basically, the offensive struggles that year were because it couldn’t generate explosive plays, and Cristobal’s refusal to pass more hurt their down to down efficiency.

32nd isn’t a bad rushing success rate. But it’s still below the passing success rate. And the rushing explosive rate was below the passing.

So if you’re passing plays are both more successful AND explosive than your running plays, why the **** would you try to force feed the run? Of what good is “balance” when one part of your offense is really what’s holding it back?

Collapsed by giving up 14 unanswered points in the 4th quarter alone. They only gave up 13 points in 3 quarters, giving up 14 in a quarter, let alone the 4th, is a collapse. They averaged 35 points a game that year. You say "refusal to pass more" where do you get that from? I think averaging 30 attempts a game is plenty. You think 3-5 more attempts a game make a huge difference?

The team averaged over 5 yards a rush, and like 32 rushing attempts per game. You also have some skewed games like Washington State where they rushed it 47(!) times but for 306 yards. I also compared Herberts stats to the NFL where people are considering him flourishing but they are largely the same or comparable to college. You also need the run to set up the pass. How many times did we watch Lash run king straight into the back of the center for a QB dive from shotgun, only for him to then fake the run and hit multiple long completions? I am sure that skewed our rushing stats but fact is without that little wrinkle the passing explosive rate would not be there. A LOT of big pass plays are run off playaction where you get a LB or CB peeking in the backfield, if you arent a threat to run, they will drop 8 in coverage and good luck passing.

Really good friends with one of his brothers, used to work with him snd he is a big Nole (obviously) so that’d be funny. I would give him a ton of sh*t. I know nothing about Travis as far as coaching goes though.
Wasn’t one of his brothers on the EMCC staff with Last Chance U? Clint I think

Travis has had the better career in terms of where he’s been but I’ve heard a lot of praise for Clint as a coach and recruiter. Surprised he has t surpassed Marshall-level programs yet

Advertisement

Travis has had the better career in terms of where he’s been but I’ve heard a lot of praise for Clint as a coach and recruiter. Surprised he has t surpassed Marshall-level programs yet

Yep, that was him. I’m friends with the other brother though, there’s 3 of them.

Yea it was Clint. And the other brother Chance is a scout for the Rams.

I’ve known Andy for over a decade now.. still unsure how he’s qualified to keep getting these jobs. Good dude, relatable, but has no clue about evaluating talent for a P5 program.
That speaks volumes on Manny's ability to assess talent.

Advertisement
Really good friends with one of his brothers, used to work with him snd he is a big Nole (obviously) so that’d be funny. I would give him a ton of sh*t. I know nothing about Travis as far as coaching goes though.
He’s QB at USF if I’m not mistaken.

Advertisement

I have nothing good or bad to say about him. Pretty much sums up his time here. Going to ASU now is a disaster move lol.

What do we think about Travis Trickett as QB coach?
The Trickett clan is as good as it gets when it comes to coaching...

That whole **** family was born to coach football.

Travis spent years under Chris Hatcher at Samford, Hatcher is a Hal Mumme/Mike Leach disciple from the Kentucky & Valdosta ST days from when they first revolutionized the game of offensive football in the modern era, he was there on the ground stages. Plus Travis’s long history in the Rich Rod system gives him plenty experience on what varied multiplicity offenses can have.

I’d love to bring him in as QB’s/PGC & be in charge of implementing the passing offense...

However, he just got hired by Jeff Scott at USF to be OC & I don’t see him leaving there to come here if he can’t call plays or have any autonomy over the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back