Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
The football fans who complain about offenses "scoring too quickly" remind me of baseball fans who complain about players or teams who "hit too many homeruns". It's a nonsensical argument.

yep. The point of an offense is to score. How they score is irrelevant. If you told me our offense was going to score on the first play every time they touched the ball, I’d take that. Would it gas the defense and cause them to give up 40+ a game? Sure. But what do I care when we’re scoring 100?

When you look at our schedule year after year, we should be trying to run a ton of plays. The more plays run, the more it favors the team with the most talent.

That’s why the service academies try to grind the game down to a halt.

It’s also why Jimbo Fischer, going back to his FSU days, always seems to have some head scratching losses (minus the Winston years). Jimbo has a really slow pace of play, and so bad luck always impacts his teams more than it should.

Advertisement
He’s probably going off of the 247 Canes site. Bud keeps hyping them up, telling everybody they are plugged in and to get your information from there.

They post an article about a Veer and Shoot guy, Bud says, “watch out for a Veer and Shoot guy.”

Well who are the other veer and shoot guys haha

Jimbo’s like the yoked guy in the gym who swears he doesn’t take steroids but everyone knows he’s been cycling for years.

No one’s even saying it’s wrong, he’s just getting defensive about it because he wants you to think he did it all without some extra help.

It’s impressive either way, but his insecurity speaks volumes.
To be fair if my name was Jimbo, I had that hairline and my wife was ******* my players I’d probably be insecure too…. Nah **** him

So this is where I stole it from
Texas AssToMouth University.
Gig Em! 😭😭😭
Ion know, I dropped it back in December.
951DEB41-F43B-4AC4-82C3-91261483C817.jpeg

Advertisement
yep. The point of an offense is to score. How they score is irrelevant. If you told me our offense was going to score on the first play every time they touched the ball, I’d take that. Would it gas the defense and cause them to give up 40+ a game? Sure. But what do I care when we’re scoring 100?

When you look at our schedule year after year, we should be trying to run a ton of plays. The more plays run, the more it favors the team with the most talent.

That’s why the service academies try to grind the game down to a halt.

It’s also why Jimbo Fischer, going back to his FSU days, always seems to have some head scratching losses (minus the Winston years). Jimbo has a really slow pace of play, and so bad luck always impacts his teams more than it should.

Agreed. I never understood that archaic generality.

If you have a talent and schematic advantage on offense why neuter it???

Taking it a step further, if you’re perpetually up by 21+ points it makes the opposing team play at a disadvantage and press for points and passing.

I think Mario has seen enough evidence that it’s so extremely rare to out talent Bama and Georgia…. And that coaching and schemes are needed to have a shot… hence why so far it seems he is looking to find a spread type OC with some tempo

luckily steele is 63. Leaving maryland hanging is one thing, I don't think he'd do it to mario. He's not looking for a better gig after this, this is probably his last rodeo

Advertisement
Apparently 247’s Bud Elliot said on the Cover 3 Podcast speaking about Miami, “It wouldn’t shock me if they maybe run a Jeff Lebby/ Art Briles style offense down there.” He didn’t say any names after being asked, but said “I’m just hearing names of some guys that fit that family.”
@Andrew This post made me realize that a 🙏 reaction would be great!!! I know you asked a few days ago for input.

Yup. This has been one of the most twisted CFB/NFL coaching musical chairs game I can remember. So for any of the knuckleheads in the back saying Mario couldn’t hire anyone 🖕

Mario could have hired Briles or a slew of other names 4 weeks ago.
Briles is a weasel. I think Mario is looking for guys with a little more character as well.

Apparently 247’s Bud Elliot said on the Cover 3 Podcast speaking about Miami, “It wouldn’t shock me if they maybe run a Jeff Lebby/ Art Briles style offense down there.” He didn’t say any names after being asked, but said “I’m just hearing names of some guys that fit that family.”
How plugged in is Elliott?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back