Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Washington Commanders.... 😂😂😂
FB_IMG_1643816618161.jpg

Iggles fans already calling them the Commies.
😭😭😭

Advertisement
You’re going to judge him on what he did 15 years ago and not what he did 5 years ago?

Let’s take that approach then, I’m on board with you.

Were you a fan of Braxton Berrios at Miami? Got pretty pumped when he tore FSU a new stinkhole in 2017, I’ll bet. Me too.

Or wait. You missed those plays because you wrote him off when he couldn’t get on the field or catch the football in 2014.

See how little sense that makes? The dude JUST had good defenses. For years. But you’re wanting to focus on 2009? Things change. People change. Situations change. People adapt, they improve, they decline.

I loved berrios the entire time he was here. He was uses incorrectly the first couple years he was at miami.

You said something ill agree with about not judging off coaches we missed. Is steele the worst hire we could of made? No he isnt.

Is he a grade A coach. No he isnt.

Im hoping he has changed and ill be happy if you and others are correct and our defense becomes elite. I dont expect it with him.

Advertisement
I loved berrios the entire time he was here. He was uses incorrectly the first couple years he was at miami.

You said something ill agree with about not judging off coaches we missed. Is steele the worst hire we could of made? No he isnt.

Im hoping he has changed and ill be happy if you and others are correct and our defense becomes elite. I dont expect it with him.
You hope he has changed from what? His time at LSU?

The last time he was a DC, he was elite.

Trying to understand your perspective here a little bit more:

We just hired a guy who was a Broyles award finalist in 2017 and semifinalist in 2019, and who fielded 4 top 10 defenses in the span of 5 years from 2016-2020....

But you think it's a trash hire because we potentially missed out on the co-defensive coordinator at Georgia who's never called plays before?

Classic Reaction GIF
Perfect CIS logic.

Advertisement
You hope he has changed from what? His time at LSU?

The last time he was a DC, he was elite.

Elite coordinators dont go to maryland.

I guess he was going to Maryland to work with his friend then he quit on his friend for miami. Lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’m telling you lol, we could do a lot worse brotha’. People will complain initially until he puts out a good product on offense but hey 🤷🏾‍♂️.
Me and you are in the same boat.

I'm cool with it as long as he keeps his herpes-I mean wife elsewhere.

I get your concern. Was initially disappointed with the hire as well. Mainly based off the build up from what was being thrown out from insiders on this board and by the program indicating the money being thrown out at these coaches. Steele has been a very successful DC. A good portion of my family and friends are big Auburn fans so I've seen his defenses on numerous occasions and have nothing bad to say about them. A few have thrown up the West Virginia bowl game. Every coach is due a bad game every now and then. No one is perfect. Some of the best defensive coaches have had an off games. Bud Foster at VT. Even Alabama got smoked by Clemson and Utah not too long ago. It happens. I guess one of my biggest concerns for Steele is his age at 60+. However, doing some research found that he's kept himself in really good shape. We'll see how it goes, but I'd say this is at least a B+ or A- hire as a plan B option if the Schumann story is real. I would have Steele on par or ahead of Belk just by body of work/experience.

I get your concern. Was initially disappointed with the hire as well. Mainly based off the build up from what was being thrown out from insiders on this board and by the program indicating the money being thrown out at these coaches. Steele has been a very successful DC. A good portion of my family and friends are big Auburn fans so I've seen his defenses on numerous occasions and have nothing bad to say about them. A few have thrown up the West Virginia bowl game. Every coach is due a bad game every now and then. No one is perfect. Some of the best defensive coaches have had an off games. Bud Foster at VT. Even Alabama got smoked by Clemson and Utah not too long ago. It happens. I guess one of my biggest concerns for Steele is his age at 60+. However, doing some research found that he's kept himself in really good shape. We'll see how it goes, but I'd say this is at least a B+ or A- hire as a plan B option if the Schumann story is real. I would have Steele on par or ahead of Belk just by body of work/experience.
...and even Schumann would be a gamble (though one worth taking) given his inexperience and lack of play calling. Steele is a proven, established, high end DC with a RECENT, and very successful, track record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back