Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
give Dan Mullet 2 mill and telll him he can just stay in the room and coach and not have to recruit. that's where im at right now
I’m sorry but this is how we’ve gotten to where we’ve been the last 20 years. Under no circumstances should Mario just settle for a guy to fill a position. Get the guy that fits best and let’s go.

I’m sorry but this is how we’ve gotten to where we’ve been the last 20 years. Under no circumstances should Mario just settle for a guy to fill a position. Get the guy that fits best and let’s go.
you think a top tier coach and x and o guy (could argue hes had more success than Mario) is settling. it'd be a home run in my book. his teams generally were prepared. his faults were his recruiting. him as OC would be amazing im o

Advertisement
But that doesn’t mean the opportunity is better. Bama’s RB coach just became the HC at Marshall. Bill Napier went from WR coach to HC at UL. You don’t think T-Rob is thinking of parlaying that job into a HC job? He definitely wasn’t doing that being the DB coach at UM. At least no yet.
You are right it does not mean the opportunity is better. But, Mario's job is to bring hire an A+ staff given that his boss(es) are providing a best in conference $8M budget. Mario has to swing for the fences on some of these roles. I don't blame him.

When you take a big hack you don't always hit a dinger. Sometimes you hit a double. Sometimes you swing and miss. If "feels" like we are not making much contact.

Advertisement

Last time Mullen was an OC, his team won 2 titles, a Heisman trophy, went 57-12, and had a top 20 offense four years in a row.

I'll settle for that.

Mario needs to start swinging his dyck. Let dudes know that you ain’t you‘ll steal other dudes.

PAUSE
dame-dash-pause.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fair point to consider. In Mario's defense, however, if you are given a large budget then you are expected to reel in big fish.
Belk could have been a big fish grandslam hire, as well as Aazaar Abdul-Rahim as CB coach. Sean Lewis as OC/QB with him bringing his BFF, Andrew Sowder as CO-OC for tight ends would have worked too as "big fish" hires. Like someone said, Mario overvalued and overestimated Miami's appeal to modern coaches and just thought everyone wanted to move to Miami like he did.

A few weeks ago we were beating our chests thinking we takin' either Schumann or Muschamp ('cuz Kirby can't possibly keep both). Kirby keeps both and takes our top recruiter on offense.

A few days later, we speculate that Bama is unhappy with Pete Golding and nobody likes Saban so Golding might be available. Saban keeps Golding and takes our top recruiter on defense.

My how a few weeks can change the amount of sunshine pumping on this thread (BTW, I am as guilty as anyone)
Remember we had Puppy Dawg Tears and Bama tears going. LMFAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back