Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro not YouTube videos. Man I’m done 😂😂😂😂

You other guys can downvote and disagree all you want but I’m not seeing a lot of responses with facts so that tells me the kind of crowd I’m arguing with. The numbers are going to be overwhelmingly in Bron’s favor when it’s all said and in a few years you all are gonna sound like the old heads that used to talk about how Wilt/Russell were better than MJ/Magic/Bird so have fun with that lol

I can’t debate with ppl that don’t watch hoops as most on here clearly don’t so I’m gonna check out.

But the fact that you LCE, know who Josh Giddey is but still thought Chandler Parsons was an active player starting in the NBA is wild to me lol.
I didn’t say that Parsons was an active player, I was making the point that there are bum players in the modern game just like there were in the past. You can’t say that guys in the 90’s wouldn’t even be in the league today, when there’s literally just as many bums who have played in the league recently who wouldn’t have been any good in the 90’s either.

The current NBA has completely shifted to an analytics league, so stats are skewered in favor of a game that has had several rule changes in order to benefit the offense, so you can’t actually compare the game in vacuum like you’re trying to.

It’s simply a taste for preference in the kind of Basketball you like, if you like the new European style 3-point game, then today’s NBA is for you, if you prefer a more physical game with actual Defense then the 90’s game is better suited.

If Dean Wade is in today’s NBA, then guys in the 90’s could play in today’s league too...

Advertisement
67A7F9B1-2E80-4069-B37E-4E07AA05406A.gif

Advertisement
First wrestling, then baseball, now basketball. Once we run out of professional sports to talk about the coordinators will be announced, tomorrow’s topic Hockey.

I’m not going to reply to each post individually but let’s look at each players skill set. What can you say MJ definitively does better than Lebron. Shoot free throws? Bron is a better passer, rebounder, more efficient from the field and no comparison as 3 pt shooters, Bron has the better handle(deeper bag) and at their athletic primes they are at minimum comparable defenders. People say MJ is the better scorer, but Bron is going to run away with all of the scoring records and like I said, is more efficient from the field and 3. Just because you take more shots per game doesn’t make you a better scorer. The main, and really only, argument is finals record. I’ll give you all this, when MJ had the best team/coach in the league he won it every year. When he didn’t, he couldn’t even will his team to the finals. So uh, that’s cool I guess. Bron is going to finish with over 40,000 career points, 10,000 assists and 10,000 rebounds. Which no one else will even be able to sniff those combined numbers. And before you start on longevity, it’s not his fault that Lebron has been able to play at a higher level for longer than MJ could ever dream of.

Before I’ll continue this debate, I want the MJ fans to acknowledge that Lebron is playing at by far the highest level of any player this late into their career. Whether or not you can acknowledge that fact will tell me if you’re just MJ zealots/Bron haters or someone with something resembling an unbiased opinion.

Ok I’m done for now.
Comparing stats with players from different eras solidifies you’re clueless about Basketball.

Imagine MJ playing with the NBA today. Lol. It would be silly.

Two different sports, apples to oranges.

And it depends on which player in particular you’re talking about.

Maybe yall are young, but there was plenty of highly skilled athletes in the 90’s.

The game was actually more high flying playing above the rim back then because the game was set around just floor spacing & launching 60 3’s a game. You had to actually score at the basket in the 90’s so athleticism was never an issue for that time.
Mark price would eat in this soft *** league. He was a 50 / 40 / 90 guy in the 80's, when there was actual defense and physicality. He was Steve Nash pre all the knee injuries. Go listen to Isaiah Thomas talk about how he busted his *** and was a hard stick. Drazen Petrovich would eat any two guard going now.

The nba is more skilled now and that's only because these kids no matter the size practice dribbling and threes , nothing else. So of course they shoot better. Back then it was mostly mid range , back to the basket and defense. It's two different worlds.

Advertisement
If Reggie Miller, Glen Rice, Allan Houston, Mitch Richmond & Eddie Jones played in today’s NBA they would’ve averaged 28+ points a game.

Reggie Miller was 3rd All-Time in 3 pointers made & he only averaged 4.7 3-point attempts for his career, at his peak he was shooting 6.6 3’s a game, if he played in this new NBA with these current rules he would’ve shot easily 12-14 3’s a game.
Reggie Miller was a straight assassin. Most underrated NBA player of all time IMO.

Advertisement
Mark price would eat in this soft *** league. He was a 50 / 40 / 90 guy in the 80's, when there was actual defense and physicality. He was Steve Nash pre all the knee injuries. Go listen to Isaiah Thomas talk about how he busted his *** and was a hard stick. Drazen Petrovich would eat any two guard going now.

The nba is more skilled now and that's only because these kids no matter the size practice dribbling and threes , nothing else. So of course they shoot better. Back then it was mostly mid range , back to the basket and defense. It's two different worlds.
Seems more like Euro ball in the NBA these days.

Advertisement

Guards like John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Kevin Johnson etc would DOMINATE in today’s NBA with no defense, no hand checking & free range shooting...

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf would’ve been a multiple time MVP in the current league.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back