Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Mario, unlike many of us, doesn't look like someone who is worried. JFYI.

THIS!

My man’s second last name should be Rivera cause this sum bish can close. Everyone is worried about dudes that are ace recruiters and the second coming as play callers. Look he knows what he’s good at and that’s sipping cafecito, kissing babies, and stealing mommas’ hearts. I don’t care if the hires are Rain Man when it comes to recruiting or being personable, as long as they have strong schemes, strong play calling abilities, and can develop. Mario and the other solid recruiters on staff will bring home the recruits. Oh and let’s not forget this guy is an actual former National Championship winning Cane as a player and coach who will always welcome his former teammates and players around to help lure the talent home as well.

Lmao the hilarious part is their projection. They whine and ***** when anyone points out something negative and then accuse those people of whining and *****ing.
Can't have a rational discussion or point out flaws with anyone. It's all sunshine and roses, until it's not. A lot of these same guys were Manny butt-sniffers til midway through last season.

We're literally not saying he should be fired or that he's a bad coach, just questioning the timeline of events and whether or not the thoroughness has turned into indecisiveness...which maybe it has; this is his dream job, and he wants to nail these coordinators more than anyone else.

But god forbid you question one teeny thing, and the ball fondlers come out the woodworks like wasps.

Advertisement
It’s business.

People here act like Mario or others didn’t use their agents or leverage throughout the process or that when we poach coaches in the next week it isn’t doing the same thing Bama/TRob just did…. but it seems easier to always blame the other person instead of just saying - well that sucks, took an L there losing a top dog, but onto the next **** it, let’s go, no slowing down!
While I know they go through agents I think it helps to have relationships with the coaches you are targeting. guys tend to want to work for guys they know or have worked with in the past. hopefully he targets someone like that and that helps seal the deal.

We have added Central Michigan to our 2026 home schedule.

Enjoy

Fox Tv GIF by Rosewood

Advertisement
So when does the fan base start getting worried about no coordinators? Is it February? Or does majority of the fan base not think it’s a big deal as long as their here for spring….. even though we’re installing two completely new systems on both sides of the ball.
I am certainly not worrying about 2023 that's for sure. I can see the point about 2022 and having some certainty before signing day February. But I am not going to worry about stuff I can't control anyways. Mario has been doing this a while and has his process and we can like or dislike it but I have other **** to worry about more consequential in my life.

Advertisement
Can't have a rational discussion or point out flaws with anyone. It's all sunshine and roses, until it's not. A lot of these same guys were Manny butt-sniffers til midway through last season.

We're literally not saying he should be fired or that he's a bad coach, just questioning the timeline of events and whether or not the thoroughness has turned into indecisiveness...which maybe it has; this is his dream job, and he wants to nail these coordinators more than anyone else.

But god forbid you question one teeny thing, and the ball fondlers come out the woodworks like wasps.

I'm not sure thoroughness in the hiring process is the problem, and I haven't really seen or heard anything to convince me he's spending all of this time evaluating assistant coaching prospects. And if he's not, maybe he should be.

But I think there is a good chance Mario has purposefully decided to spend the majority of his waking hours evaluating his roster and recruiting players. At his core, he knows the Jimmys and Joe's matter more than the Xs and Os. Of course, if that is what is happening, then it is fair to debate whether he has his priorities straight.

Advertisement
This doesn’t really seem like a leverage situation to me. Briles turned down the offer(s) pretty fast. Maybe Arky came around fast though.

0/2 on Candle and Briles. I’m not worried, but I’m starting to look around and not see any obvious candidates anymore. Daboll is likely getting a head coaching gig and I would imagine that keeps Dorsey in Buffalo

there is a clear advantage to having your staff in place for epd. there is a clear disadvantage by not having your staff in place for epd. there is no spinning that.
That’s why I would almost expect a Kevin Smith style announcement in the next day or so or even the day of with the DC at a minimum. Dude literally just posted a clip of himself on his first day on the job with a Miami shirt on. All the hires so far for that matter have literally just put out a simple Tweet. No fanfare, no pomp and circumstance. It sucks waiting and dealing with the negative recruiting but I’m more impressed with it actually. They care more about winning and doing their job than themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back