Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
True story - I work for a large tech company and used to retweet a lot of company news, etc. In response to one of my tweets, Barry once figured out who my employer was and threatened to contact them.

He's ridiculously sensitive

Advertisement
Oh No Lol GIF by A Little Late With Lilly Singh

@ MiamiFlo
He also said he made a video announcing who those coordinators are and if it’s wrong he’s still going to post the video. He time and day stamped it the video.

trumpy killing it

and if mario hires two great coordinators then nobody's going to care it took til mid January

Remember all the "Miami is making the process look like a clown show, what with the BOT civil war and the horrible way they treated Eddie Nunez and Manny Diaz?"

Yeah, I don't remember it very much either. Not with Dan and Mario performing their jobs with competence.

Advertisement
No list is worth having if it does not included ........ Jimmy Superfly Snuka!!!!

That list is the one that Richard Christy (Howard Stern Show) runs through during his phony phone call to the wrestling talk show. If you look at the list, it is almost straight alphabetical, so Richard never got the chance to get down to "Snuka" before the hosts cut off his phone call and "threw the ban on him".

Advertisement
What Barry said in his bullsh*t tweet was, “He was told by UM..”

WHO?!?!? Because nobody at “UM” even knows who TF Mario is hiring, so who TF told a “Top CB recruit” that TRob is not likely coming back? Even if TRob does leave, there’s only like two people who would know that & neither one of those people would tell that to a top recruit while simultaneously recruiting them lol

That’s like telling a girl you’re trying to hookup with, “Hey I’m married right now, but if you let me hit I’ll get a divorce..”
Wait… so you’re saying I should stop using this line: “Hey I’m married right now, but if you let me hit I’ll get a divorce..”

Oh my lord.

First, there are no "guarantees" that anyone is getting anything right. The proof will be wins and players drafted and whatnot. So to the extent that Mario is taking time to "get the hires right", that involves the right personalities, the right roles, and the right overall staff cohesion. If you "announce" T-Rob, hire everyone else, then have to replace T-Rob when he goes to UGa, it damages the overall staff that Mario is trying to build. But, sure, he should rush T-Rob's name out there to make fans happy? Come on.

Indecisive? Have you met Mario? Have you seen him speak? He is not indecisive. Just because you can't see inside of his head to understand his overall strategy and his rankings for each job, etc. doesn't mean he cannot arrive at a decision. Cut the crap on that one.

Whiffing? Who ******* cares? The only "whiff" thus far was Mastro making a last minute decision to step back from coaching for a while due to family issues. Other than that, there is not a single shred of evidence that indicates a "firm offer" to a coach, followed by an outright rejection. The realistic reality is that ANYONE who is a top candidate has had discussions with Manny and there is an agreed-upon process and/or timeline, whether you know it or not. So if it is a guy like Schumann making a lateral move, the decision-point may well be "when Kirby clarifies the org chart", which may not be "five minutes after the trophy ceremony". And if it is an NFL coach, the timeline may be more protracted based on playoffs and the coaching carousel.

As for "putting ourselves in a prime position to be negatively recruited against by other schools", you need to take an ice-cold shower. Outside of Shemar Stewart (possibly), Miami wasn't even in the game for any of the REMAINING high school recruits UNTIL MARIO CAME TO MIAMI. So if you think all the former Oregon verbals are going to fall victim to "negative recruiting" because Mario takes a few extra days to hire coordinators, you are just nuts. And the Portal is going to be open for business for the next 8 months, with plenty of others jumping in after spring practice. If the SOLE DETERMINANT for why a transfer kid picks another school over Miami is JUST because the coordinators have not been hired, then we have to consider whether those couple of transfers are more important to UM's future than those couple of coordinators.

Bottom line is simple. If you think we should rush-hire and rush-announce, say, Ponce and Hurtt just to get a couple of transfer Portal guys, that is your choice. And if you think that any of the remaining HS recruits, and most of the Portal recruits, are considering UM for Mario and NIL and geography and history and the half-staff that is already hired and the dorms and the food (sorry, Gaytors) and the NFL pipeline and the Miami family...AND you want to hire the best coordinators possible for the next few years...

Anyhow, I think the choice is clear. There is not one person on CIS who wouldn't PREFER to already have a full staff hired. But there are also many who would prefer the best possible coordinators for the long-haul, even if that costs us a couple of Portal transfers in the short-haul.

I was around when Larry Coker tried to rush-hire his boy Todd Berry to be our OC. I was around when Randy Shannon rush-hired John Lovett to be our DC.

I'd much rather Mario hire the best coordinators, as opposed to the first-available coordinators.
Well said. Logic is a lost art around these parts

Advertisement
That list is the one that Richard Christy (Howard Stern Show) runs through during his phony phone call to the wrestling talk show. If you look at the list, it is almost straight alphabetical, so Richard never got the chance to get down to "Snuka" before the hosts cut off his phone call and "threw the ban on him".
What was the wrestlers name that Sal gave the handjob to? Chief Jay something

But you can hire position coaches without them knowing what system they’ll be running?

And then hire a coordinator and expect them to trust that the dudes that are already there are familiar with and able to coach to his system?
are you insinuating that the coaches are hired and not announced? i thought you all already gave up on that lie.

could it be possible that coordinators want to pick their own guys and that’s the reason we don’t have one right now?

Advertisement
Oh my lord.

First, there are no "guarantees" that anyone is getting anything right. The proof will be wins and players drafted and whatnot. So to the extent that Mario is taking time to "get the hires right", that involves the right personalities, the right roles, and the right overall staff cohesion. If you "announce" T-Rob, hire everyone else, then have to replace T-Rob when he goes to UGa, it damages the overall staff that Mario is trying to build. But, sure, he should rush T-Rob's name out there to make fans happy? Come on.

Indecisive? Have you met Mario? Have you seen him speak? He is not indecisive. Just because you can't see inside of his head to understand his overall strategy and his rankings for each job, etc. doesn't mean he cannot arrive at a decision. Cut the crap on that one.

Whiffing? Who ******* cares? The only "whiff" thus far was Mastro making a last minute decision to step back from coaching for a while due to family issues. Other than that, there is not a single shred of evidence that indicates a "firm offer" to a coach, followed by an outright rejection. The realistic reality is that ANYONE who is a top candidate has had discussions with Manny and there is an agreed-upon process and/or timeline, whether you know it or not. So if it is a guy like Schumann making a lateral move, the decision-point may well be "when Kirby clarifies the org chart", which may not be "five minutes after the trophy ceremony". And if it is an NFL coach, the timeline may be more protracted based on playoffs and the coaching carousel.

As for "putting ourselves in a prime position to be negatively recruited against by other schools", you need to take an ice-cold shower. Outside of Shemar Stewart (possibly), Miami wasn't even in the game for any of the REMAINING high school recruits UNTIL MARIO CAME TO MIAMI. So if you think all the former Oregon verbals are going to fall victim to "negative recruiting" because Mario takes a few extra days to hire coordinators, you are just nuts. And the Portal is going to be open for business for the next 8 months, with plenty of others jumping in after spring practice. If the SOLE DETERMINANT for why a transfer kid picks another school over Miami is JUST because the coordinators have not been hired, then we have to consider whether those couple of transfers are more important to UM's future than those couple of coordinators.

Bottom line is simple. If you think we should rush-hire and rush-announce, say, Ponce and Hurtt just to get a couple of transfer Portal guys, that is your choice. And if you think that any of the remaining HS recruits, and most of the Portal recruits, are considering UM for Mario and NIL and geography and history and the half-staff that is already hired and the dorms and the food (sorry, Gaytors) and the NFL pipeline and the Miami family...AND you want to hire the best coordinators possible for the next few years...

Anyhow, I think the choice is clear. There is not one person on CIS who wouldn't PREFER to already have a full staff hired. But there are also many who would prefer the best possible coordinators for the long-haul, even if that costs us a couple of Portal transfers in the short-haul.

I was around when Larry Coker tried to rush-hire his boy Todd Berry to be our OC. I was around when Randy Shannon rush-hired John Lovett to be our DC.

I'd much rather Mario hire the best coordinators, as opposed to the first-available coordinators.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back