Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
LoL, so was the AD and HC search for everybody except those who were making the decisions.
Apples to Oranges. The HC and AD search followed a timeline that made sense. Sure some people got antsy but that will always happen especially at a program with a history of fumbling major hires. As it pertains to the Coordinator hires, we had numerous reasons why they weren't hired which all made sense but we have eclipsed almost all of those time horizons. First it was the hires might be still be playing in bowl games. Nevermind that other schools made their hits regardless of that, but we heard Mario was a man of respect, which made sense at the time. Then it was that the NFL season was over yet. At the same time we got stories after the new year that Mario was gonna finalize the staff that week. That all came and went. Then it was that the MNC chip wasn't played yet. Then the story came out that Mario wanted a staff finalized by the time the dead period ended, and that is today. The only thing we have left is that the NFL playoffs are still going on. Now that very well maybe where our coordinators are at but at this point we keep moving back the line and we have hit a wall.

I still believe Mario will get us to a respectable level and thus far he has done very well putting together the position/assistant coaches, but just blindly saying everything is juts fine goes against all the info out there, unless you believe our 1st choices are still coaching in the NFL playoffs. It appears at this point that our 1st choices very well may have told us thanks but no thanks. Maybe this will be revisited and you end up being right but this is my thought process here.

Advertisement
Check back in next week.
I think you've hinted that we're potentially hiring a small-school, G5 OC?

I'm totally fine with that, but it shouldn't take us 6+ weeks and potentially cost us talent in the process.

I'm content with the wait if we make some elite hires, but I imagine we're behind schedule because Mario's struck out on on some of his top targets. No bueno.

You guys are saying Barry doesn’t know anything but he spoke to a recruit who said he was told T rob was not likely to be back. That seems like pretty good intel.

Advertisement
From 247 re: Hurtt

I have been informed by a source that Clint Hurtt is not interested in returning to the college ranks as he has been considered to be Miami's next defensive coordinator.

A few notes on Hurtt:

• Multiple sources have informed me that Hurtt has "learned a lot" from being in the NFL since 2014

• Not only has he gained knowledge about the game, but sources noted Hurtt would be good on the motivation and accountability side of things

• One of the reasons why Hurtt is not currently interested in returning to college, where he last coached in 2013 at Louisville, is because he could be in line for a promotion after being the assistant head coach/defensive coach for the Seahawks since 2017

• Another reason is the hesitancy for returning to college is getting back into the recruiting scene

• None of this should be a huge surprise because most coaches who spend time in the NFL are interested in staying in the NFL if possible
So down to Schumann and Belk?

Mario in over his head. Sad!!!
My guy, you have to stop with the straw man. I can't find one person on this board who has said Mario's in over his head. Some of us, however, are noting that there could be some negative consequences to taking so long and have criticized Mario accordingly.

There’s a kid that’s got family communicating back channel and may jump in the portal.. huge position of need and very good and wants to be at Miami… Mario can’t tell him who the DC is. So if that doesn’t happen by Monday he’s probably gonna stick where he’s at with classes starting back.

If someone says a DC is hired they’re lying as far as I know. Lots throwing around the term ‘indecisive’ and I can’t confirm or deny for sure but definitely looking that way. Maybe the hire makes the waiting make sense but right now it doesn’t.
Key And Peele Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
‘indecisive’ There's a word you never want associated with your head coach. We went from Fake James hiring a HC in just a few hours to a HC who apparently can't hire an OC and DC in 6+ weeks. What a wild ride.

i think there are other factors at play so that would be an unfair characterization. With all the potential openings at other top P5 colleges/NFL it's obvious an open market favoring coaches looking to move around for better gigs. If Mario wanted Ponce as OC that decision would have been made already. It's obvious he is trying for some big fish but so are other programs.

My bad. I forgot how good Gurvan Hall, Amari Carter and Bubba Bolden looked. I'm buggin
in 2020 Bolden was considered an NFL draftable player and the Gurvan Hall 2020 version was a lot better than the 2021 version.

You can put lipstick on your pig but it was still a pig last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back