Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Well then, that's definitive.

On the other hand, having heard the words out of Cribby's mouth...I think that even Cribby would tell you that the probability on Briles may have been overheated. Not impossible. But also maybe not as solid as Briles Bros would have us believe.

Look, a lot of guys are "possible options", there's no need to rule a guy out DEFINITIVELY when Mario isn't tipping his hand. And that's not a criticism of Briles, it's just an acknowledgement that maybe he wasn't the prime target that many had assumed.

And, for the record, I'd be fine with Briles being hired. Briles is an excellent coach. I just don't equate the interwebz speculation with the true reflection of where he might stand in Mario's priority ranking.

Just being honest. I think a lot of folks confuse due diligence with definitive bread crumbs. And who knows, maybe Mario spoke to Briles to gauge his thoughts on Kevin Smith. We may never know for certain.
No, I remember Cribby saying multiple times that it's barely smoke about Briles, but he did originally say Briles was an option i.e., the OP of this thread.

Advertisement
OC, QB, RB, TE, DC, LB, CB/S, ST

Fairly certain that somewhere on the preceding 529 pages (somewhere) was the info regarding a certain off-field coach who will be working on ST, and that there is some sort of application for a waiver for him to be able to coach on-field.

I do not profess to be the expert in these facts, I am merely recounting from memory.

73 pages left...

How bad do yall want it?

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING

Advertisement
I don't think it's Briles. If it is, Arkansas fan base will have a collective stroke.

Arkansas is supposed to have some good duck hunting. Probably the most fun hunting you can have is duck. Both the practice and actual.

No, I remember Cribby saying multiple times that it's barely smoke about Briles, but he did originally say Briles was an option i.e., the OP of this thread.

I think you are missing the point on what I'm saying.

It's not a denial of something Cribby said a month ago.

It's a reflection of, more recently, and with more information, that there have been multiple people saying that they don't think it's Briles and that it was probably never going to be Briles. That's all. Which goes to my point, that if knowledgeable people are saying "highly unlikely" on Briles, but others are holding onto a comment from a month ago, then there might be some unreasonable expectations. Nothing more, nothing less. This is not about who "should" be hired, but whether some people are paying attention to changing assessments.

Again, I have no definitive information or super-solid viewpoint on this. Brady is a good coach. Briles is a good coach. Dorsey is a good coach. Other guys are good coaches. They are all qualified. I would not complain about any of those guys.

On the other hand, I have a strong feeling/opinion building inside of me that it will be none of those three names.

Conversation and sharing of viewpoints is great. But the overfocus on whether Factoid 57 means that Conclusion 14 is true and likely to transpire...is causing a lot of agita. I'm not getting too invested in any OC candidate, though I freely admit that I have stood up to vouch for Dorsey's qualifications.

1641940915192.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ok @mariocrystobal this isn’t the timeline we agreed on. And by we, I mean CIS, amongst ourselves. We expect/require 1 announcement per day at 5pm at a minimum. Your going to fvck around and start getting called Luigi before you’ve even announced your staff at this rate.

Get your **** together Mario. We expect better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back