Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
25271022-0EDB-48ED-AAF9-4A574CCDC064.gif
C4D0F193-E149-4ED3-BB67-9FAA8939E06C.gif

Advertisement
I'm seriously laughing at some of this thread.

Our entire offense last year was chunk pass plays. Why? Because we have a QB that has a strong, accurate arm, and who can pick out reads.

Also, because our OL can't run block for ****, but managed to improve in pass blocking.

Guess what? None of this changes next year. We need to throw the ******* ball in 2022.

We have a bevy of weapons on offense, don’t oversimplify out of fear.

Briles would be a homerun hire as an OC, a Pro style offense would actual neutralize our talent, not accentuate it.

You guys get scared sh*tless of throwing the ball because yall think any offense that throws the ball more than 10 times a game is Mike Leach Air Raid & it’s not, there’s varying degrees between offenses & none of them are designed the same.

As I’ve explained a 100 times on here, Briles run the Veer & Shoot, it’s the Veer rushing attack + the Run & Shoot passing attack, it’s a multiple variation offense that is adaptable to a myriad of personnel groupings & is primarily a run first offense.

And as I’ve said nearly every time I’ve addressed this topic, I don’t want a pass only offense, I don’t want a Mike Leach Air Raid, but if yall think we’re gonna get anywhere without having to spread the field & sling it yall will be sadly mistaken. Miami as an offense is at its best when we can stretch the field with the deep ball creating explosive plays & running from Tempo. The run game yall want us to have will only work if Defenses are in fear of the passing attack.

Yall wanna be Bama right? Well guess what? Bryce Young ain’t no dink & dunk game manager, he was 4th in the Nation in passing yards throwing for over 4300 yards & 43TD’s with more than 460 attempts. Yes, they can pound the rock when they need to as well, which is perfect because they have 5 NFL offensive lineman upfront, but their team lives & dies with their QB play.

Luckily, if Briles is the OC we’ll be in a very good spot offensively.

Fear? Lol I respect your opinions bro but this take is garbage. Nobody is afraid of ****, it’s called a difference of opinion.

Unless the Run and Shoot has changed since I grew up watching Warren Moon and the Houston Oilers run it back in the day, it does not feature tight ends heavily. It’s mainly 4 WR sets.

Arroyo is our best offensive weapon. Even if you don’t agree with that, you can’t argue he isn’t better than our 4th best receiver.

And I will just reiterate, I want Arroyo on the field at all times. The Jimmys and Joes approach to football dictates this, not some dogma about scheme. He’s just too talented to keep off the field.

Briles is a good OC. Not saying he isn’t.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Fear? Lol I respect your opinions bro but this take is garbage. Nobody is afraid of ****, it’s called a difference of opinion.

Unless the Run and Shoot has changed since I grew up watching Warren Moon and the Houston Oilers run it back in the day, it does not feature tight ends heavily. It’s mainly 4 WR sets.

Arroyo is our best offensive weapon. Even if you don’t agree with that, you can’t argue he isn’t better than our 4th best receiver.

And I will just reiterate, I want Arroyo on the field at all times. The Jimmys and Joes approach to football dictates this, not some dogma about scheme. He’s just too talented to keep off the field.

Briles is a good OC. Not saying he isn’t.
You don’t have to convince me about Arroyo, I lead the charge in his recruitment of how good he was & have stated in dozens of threads he’s a 1st round TE talent & needs to be targeted.

But again, what maybe you missed is, Briles doesn’t run the old school the Run & Shoot, he runs an adapted version that features the Veer & as I just stated in my last comment, it’s a variation offense that is adaptable for a myriad of personnel groupings, which means it can also feature the TE. If you want an offense that is built strictly around the TE, that’s Jumbo Fisher’s offense, hence my original comment to you lol.

And if you want a Jimmy’s & Joe’s approach to offense that is predicated on getting the best players the ball, running a Pro style bro is literally the exact opposite of that.

What I’m simply saying is, the idea that us throwing the ball is somehow not in the best interest of the offense & the team overall is just false, if you want Arroyo to get the ball a lot, trust me, you’d want an efficient uptempo volumed passing attack.

You don’t have to convince me about Arroyo, I lead the charge in his recruitment of how good he was & have stated in dozens of threads he’s a 1st round TE talent & needs to be targeted.

But again, what maybe you missed is, Briles doesn’t run the old school the Run & Shoot, he runs an adapted version that features the Veer & as I just stated in my last comment, it’s a variation offense that is adaptable for a myriad of personnel groupings, which means it can also feature the TE. If you want an offense that is built strictly around the TE, that’s Jumbo Fisher’s offense, hence my original comment to you lol.

And if you want a Jimmy’s & Joe’s approach to offense that is predicated on getting the best players the ball, running a Pro style bro is literally the exact opposite of that.

What I’m simply saying is, the idea that us throwing the ball is somehow not in the best interest of the offense & the team overall is just false, if you want Arroyo to get the ball a lot, trust me, you’d want an efficient uptempo volumed passing attack.

We’re on the same page then. I like uptempo. And I want Arroyo on the field and featured, as I said. If Briles’ offense gives us that, great, I’m in.

I do believe in running the football though. If you can run the ball and on the other side of the ball, stop the run without adding men to the box, you can beat anybody. And you can run any offense or defense you want, if you can do those things.

Besides, we produce some pretty good backs in South Florida. I believe Miami is in it for the #1 RB in the ‘23 class. Would be foolish not to feature him if he signs.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back