Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is "everyone" and how have they "cleared" him?

As with Kiffin, I can respect that a person has some amazing coaching abilities, which can be paired with a problematic personality. I have no idea whether Briles has matured or not, but let's try to use some precise language. He wasn't "cleared by everyone". If schools want to hire him given his background, that is their prerogative. If more recent coaches judge Briles to be a "changed man", that is up to them.

I trust that Mario's strong character and personality will either create some guardrails for Briles, or else Briles will be moving on in a year. Either way, this is Mario's call, and I hope he gets it right.
That's fair, I just don't see how fans can be in uproar about this. Thomas Brown pulled a gun on a kid, Hickson has put his hands on players...and yet just because this guy was around the time this was happening, who are we to automatically disqualify him as a candidate? Isn't that the school and Mario's job (like you mentioned in your post)?

Again, we don't know the full details, and we probably never will. That doesn't mean CIS keyboard warriors get to blacklist him, or on the flip side, laud him as a perfect human being; just my stance

Advertisement
I just don’t get why people keep bringing this up if plenty of schools are willing to hire him..again he’s never been found remotely guilty.

You probably wanted Avantae kicked out too right?

At the end of the day, who are we to Continuously judge this if he’s been cleared by everyone?
I didn't want Tae out because his baby mama, regardless of what happened, dropped it and didn't press charges or say anything.

I'd say that condoning rape is several steps lower on the moral ladder than losing your cool and hitting a woman (allegedly), especially if he's dealing with his issues working to be a better person. Like I said, I don't mind bending rules or getting around some stuff and I think most crimes are forgivable or could be at least understandable, but it is a lot harder to stomach a person who was THAT close to the level of crap that went on over there.

That's fair, I just don't see how fans can be in uproar about this. Thomas Brown pulled a gun on a kid, Hickson has put his hands on players...and yet just because this guy was around the time this was happening, who are we to automatically disqualify him as a candidate? Isn't that the school and Mario's job (like you mentioned in your post)?

Again, we don't know the full details, and we probably never will. That doesn't mean CIS keyboard warriors get to blacklist him, or on the flip side, laud him as a perfect human being; just my stance

For the record, I have never "blacklisted" anyone. I have simply (and accurately) pointed out candidates who will probably never get an interview at UM. Not sure if Briles is in that category, but I understand the legitimate concerns some have.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back