Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Ok let me clarify this; Mel Tucker had a much more experienced and impressive resume than T-Rob currently does; the argument (to my understanding) we are having relates to whether or not T-Rob's move to Bama fast-tracks him to a HC job. Maybe a little, but it hasn't worked for any of the previous three DB coaches that Alabama has hired. Mel Tucker's 1 year at bama alone did not get him a HC job. Tucker was a DB coach in the NFL for three seasons with the Browns, then defensive coordinator for seven seasons on various NFL teams. THEN he came back and was an AHC/DB coach for Saban for one year, and even then he didn't become a HC; it took him three more seasons at UGA as DC/DB coach to land the Colorado gig.

You know more than me I'm not arguing that; I'm just trying to wrap my head around how DB coach at Bama = HC, when everyone knows Saban is the daddy behind the DB position. Karl Scott hasn't sniffed HC opportunities, but he got a chance to work in the NFL. Derrick Ansley hasn't sniffed HC opportunities, but he's with the Rams right now, sure. Jay Valai made a lateral move (if that) to OU. Based on this, if T-Rob's goal is to be in the NFL, then he's making the right move, even if his actions were Judas-like.

T-Rob's resume is peanuts compared to them; he failed as a DC in his only major coordinator gig. He's sniffing glue if he thinks he's HC material at this point or even DC-material at a P5 school; but that's a completely different argument.
You obviously haven't paid attention to hires around CFB the last few years. Far stranger things have happened lol.

Advertisement
Interest Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Once the reports were out about Bama and UGA. You would think Mario was preparing for this moment. Even with TRob convincing everyone he wants to stay, Mario himself should know how hard it is to say no when Bama calls. The signs were there with TRob not staying.

Advertisement
You obviously haven't paid attention to hires around CFB the last few years. Far stranger things have happened lol.
Aka Charles Huff to Marshall. TRob probably won’t ever be a P5 HC but exactly to your point, not crazy to think a G5 program takes a chance on him.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back