Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This isn’t good.

Not good.

I know a lot of people including fans want Schuman , that way they’ won’t lose him. If he is the Dc I guess we should just go get Muschamp instead lol..
I agree.. there aren’t many obvious candidates out there aside from whoever Georgia doesn’t choose on their staff

Advertisement
I’m sure he knew Lanning was talking to Oregon and there was a holding pattern in case he got the job

Probably not much we can control aside from a deadline or ultimatum
I’m sure but at least we can pivot sooner, as mario tries to salvage ESD and RSD

Advertisement
Honestly if our defense isn't going to have an elite coordinator (and there's still a few good names out there, but it's dwindling by the minute), go fully invest in your offense.

Go get Joe Brady for 1-2 years. Balls to the wall, make it happen.

Sadly I agree...we waited around a bit and now are left without Belk and Schumann (mostly likely). This might affect BMac and others as well.
That's a risk you have to undertake if you want your primary target. If Schuman says "I need a few days to think about it'...what are you going to do? Give him an ultimatum? I mean he's your #1 target. You wait a few days. You don't hop on the phone with option #2 until option #1 says "I ain't coming."

That's a risk you have be willing to take to hit a home run.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's a risk you have to undertake if you want your primary target. If Schuman says "I need a few days to think about it'...what are you going to do? Give him an ultimatum? I mean he's your #1 target. You wait a few days. You don't hop on the phone with option #2 until option #1 says "I ain't coming."

That's a risk you have be willing to take to hit a home run.
Totally understand that, I'm not ****ting on them for waiting; and Schumann probably had a decent idea that Lanning was interviewing for HC jobs (he's the DC of the best defense in the country, makes sense).

But besides Muschamp right now...what else we got?

phew-whew.gif

I'm a closet Arkansas fan. Had grandparents that lived there, on both sides, so spent a lot of summers there as a kid. It's hard to express what the resurgence of that program means to that kind of rural fan base that has no other sports to attach to, and how they've connected with Sam Pittman and the 'underdog/country boy/scrappy/physical' mindset that team has been imbued with.

I'd venture to say if Sam Pittman put an (R) or a (D) next to his name, he could win a Governors race in a landslide. The relationships between AD, coaches, fans, and all permutations of that seem very genuine and motivated by emotions and pride. All this to say - do we have reason to believe Briles would even consider leaving? I know it's rare in CFB and other sports to have loyalty to a program that transcends $$ or upward mobility, but to me, that team has elements of that.

I guess I'm wondering if those in the know think the dude is open to coming.

Living in Arkansas vs Living in Miami

This isn’t good.
I know a lot of people including fans want Schuman , that way they’ won’t lose him. If he is the Dc I guess we should just go get Muschamp instead lol..
Hopefully Schumann is looking to spread his wings and run his own unit and step out of the shadows of Smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back