Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football Coach GIF by Pac12Network
Thank you!!! I feel safe now!

Advertisement
Hey if you wanna go next level to sell yourself on this potential hire go for it

But if money wasn’t an issue with assistants why must you forecast l, hedge, or hope they can be elite.
Had you ever heard of him before today? Keep it a buck.

Lol at people demanding there be only one standard for “blue chip” and everyone adopt it. **** you. I make my own definition. And that excludes all but a handful of guys Miami has signed over the last decade.
But 'blue chip' is universally recognised in the recruiting industry to mean 4 and 5 star prospect.

Happy for you to come up with your own term for your top 100 definition - gold chips / platinum chips / orange and green chips - but you're just going to butt heads with people if you use your term for blue chip in conversations.

Advertisement
The 'what is a blue chip' discussion is interesting. It appears there are several different definitions that may be used, which is why it is important in general to make sure there is a consensus or that a significant term is defined, at least for the sake of the current discussion. Otherwise, you end up taking adverse positions when neither party understood what was the other person's actual stance. For example, in contract law, when analyzing the terms of a contract, a court will apply the word's ordinary meaning unless a particular meaning is ascribed by the contract.

But 'blue chip' is universally recognised in the recruiting industry to mean 4 and 5 star prospect.

Happy for you to come up with your own term for your top 100 definition - gold chips / platinum chips / orange and green chips - but you're just going to butt heads with people if you use your term for blue chip in conversations.
Blue chip is a term that existed long before Rivals or even the internet. It has always meant an elite prospect. Name the elite 4* prospects Miami has signed over the last ten years.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I hate the term blue chip honestly, but what's loose about it? It's a 4*-5*. Is it not? Please elaborate if you consider it something else.

Best kid he pulled at BC? Probably Clinton Burton Jr. The 4* top 200 overall CB that was committed to UF and he flipped him from them. His recruiting, on top of the fact that BC had one of the best secondaries in the COUNTRY this year statistically, would make this a grade A hire. Again, you are entitled to your opinion, but if a lack of 5* pulls to Maryland and Boston College makes you somewhat hesitant on him then lol, I guess.
Instant cred for contributing to Gator Tears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back