Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We know you aren’t an insider. No need to include that.
You have made an invaluable contribution to this thread. Everybody knows that his name (B. Johnson) was mentioned a couple of weeks ago as "an interested candidate" but I was actually looking for a comment from someone knowledgeable .. regarding his CURRENT potential status. If he IS the OC that would most likely mean that Briles said no.

It is wild not 1 single hire has officially been announced. I guess he wants to do the whole staff at once?

I mean some of the guys are already recruiting for Miami but haven’t been announced. Pretty funny situation
Is it?

I call bull****… @Cribby was the FIRST to say we were targeting P5 ADs and Nunez wasn’t the pick. Later that day, Flo decided to make a vid saying he has receipts and that the power 5 AD is BS. Going as far as saying that he has a direct source stating Nunez said it was a **** show and he didn’t want the job, it was his if he wanted it. Yes, he knew Cribby was and yes he was taking a shot at him. He has no choice, but to say Cribby is solid bc Crib ***** on him when it comes to inside info.

It remains to be seen the extent Cribby's source(s) have made it through the New Regime Filter, but his comments post hiring have been transparent on that front, indicating the lack of smoke and names as much as anything else. @Cribby can correct me, but the only thing that seems totally solid is that the staff is "Done pending Announcement", few coordinator names with minimal smoke, and the likelihood that the suspected Oregon transplants are pretty much on the money?

Advertisement
Yea real life. Dude hasnt been relevant on anything offensively exciting in forever. But i guess being a nfl hc makes him a O genius.
Do you even understand what an analyst does? He is not designing the offense. He is breaking down film on the other team to find tendencies and weaknesses. He is also looking at our players to find areas that they need to improve. He is another set of eyes for the team.

Advertisement
I'm constantly reminded at how little some of you on this board know about football.

Anyone that DOESN'T want Mullen as an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR needs to have his head examined, and probably twice. We're going to have a staff (including HC) that is FULL of recruiters. I don't want EITHER of my coordinators saddled with recruiting duties. Give me two X's and O's savants that will help us win on gameday.

Last time I checked, winning is undefeated in the world of recruiting. You can't just have a staff full of recruiters, that's a recipe for having a really talented team that consistently loses 2-3 games a year it shouldn't.

Last edited:
It remains to be seen the extent Cribby's source(s) have made it through the New Regime Filter, but his comments post hiring have been transparent on that front, indicating the lack of smoke and names as much as anything else. @Cribby can correct me, but the only thing that seems totally solid is that the staff is "Done pending Announcement", few coordinator names with minimal smoke, and the likelihood that the suspected Oregon transplants are pretty much on the money?
To the first part I’ll be just fine. I don’t get info from one person or side.

I know majority of the staff, minus a couple spots I’m not 100 % sure on. A couple spots were affected by people accepting or declining . Obviously it’s done but I haven’t heard or even checked on the outcome.

Like any staff change things are super tight lipped and people are more careful. I’ve also been more conservative the last couple years , I’m not trying to blow up spots. There’s a line I try to walk.

I know majority of the staff, minus a couple spots I’m not 100 % sure on. A couple spots were affected by people accepting or declining . Obviously it’s done but I haven’t heard or even checked on the outcome.

Like any staff change things are super tight lipped and people are more careful. I’ve also been more conservative the last couple years , I’m not trying to blow up spots. There’s a line I try to walk.

I know you probably can't say the name...but is the OC done and delivered? If so, is it a name many of us will like, be neutral on, or is it an out-of-left-field type of hire?

We certainly are all rooting for that to be the case!

I would think that sources appreciate your transparency and discretion, so building back up to successful aggregation makes sense.

Advertisement
I'm constantly reminded at how little some of you on this board know about football.

Anyone that DOESN'T want Mullen as an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR needs to have his head examined, and probably twice. We're going to have a staff (including HC) that is FULL of recruiters. I don't want EITHER of my coordinators saddled with recruiting duties. Give me two X's and O's savants that will help us win on gameday.

Last time I checked, winning is undefeated in the world of recruiting. You can't just have a staff full of recruiters, that's a recipe for having a really talented team that consistently loses 2-3 games a year it shouldn't.
Even better - Mullen as Offensive Analyst. That's the kinda move Bama would make ..

Advertisement
We certainly are all rooting for that to be the case!

I would think that sources appreciate your transparency and discretion, so building back up to successful aggregation makes sense.
I was naive early on and was like a toddler playing with a hand gun. Not just with info but hanging my entire reputation on a few calls. Which looking back was beyond dumb. I was also naive to the eyes that watch what lI post. I had no clue there was that many.

Btw I’m not playing coy or acting like I know the entire staff , because I don‘t. I’m also sketchy on some info since I know it is a new staff. I said during the AD search I wouldn’t be in a race to be first , I wanted to be right. People should’ve learned a valuable lesson from that. Media especially.

I‘m a 43 year old small business owner , so i‘m not some young jit sitting around tweeting amd texting trying to get info all day. Theres plenty of times I find out out stuff when y’all do, I don’t know all things um football lol. Or care to know for that matter. People assume I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back