Some interesting "official offers" went out today to non-UM commits...

Cryptical Envelopment

What a long strange trip it's been
Banned
Some kids that posted their UM offers on socials so far today...

RB Amari Daniels
DL Darnell Jackson (TENN)
S Corey Collier
LB Sebastian Sagar (GT)
DL Maason Smith

All of them posted art from Hecht. I'm sure there are others that went out too of course, Like Taylor, Marshall, Garcia, etc.

Not sure it means they all have committable offers (Collier got one from LSU as an example), this seems more like a dog and pony show, but nevertheless there is info to be gleamed.

Advertisement
All those Kids have been talked about extensively on this site and recruited by the staff. What’s so interesting about it? What’s interesting is the kids that didn’t have one to post?

All those Kids have been talked about extensively on this site and recruited by the staff. What’s so interesting about it? What’s interesting is the kids that didn’t have one to post?

Sagar **** talked UM after he committed to GT. Haven't heard about Darrell Jackson in a bit, don't think he's a take though.

Advertisement
Sagar **** talked UM after he committed to GT. Haven't heard about Darrell Jackson in a bit, don't think he's a take though.
Sagar is obviously not coming here. But LCE just talked about Jackson. An official offer doesn’t mean you definitely have a spot in the class.

Because if the staff has moved on from a kid, he probably doesn't get one of these. Means the staff is still either actively pursuing all of them or maintaining them as back up plans. And what you read on the message boards is conjecture. A "written" offer from Hecht is very different.

Yes, who doesn't have one would be interesting as well, but there is no way to know that unless a kid flat out says he didn't get one.

Advertisement
I think a lot of people assumed collier and others might not have a spot. Could be something, could be nothing.

Right, makes sense.

Just a question, what were the "offers" before August 1? I am not sure if I understand the significance of what happens today. As just an example, let's say we have a verbal from a kid for the last few months. We still haven't sent him an LOI yet. What is different about the paperwork that goes out today?

Sorry if the question has been addressed previously.

For those of you new to this, tons of those things go out. Way more than a school has room for. Even some plan C and plan D guys.

Trying to attach significance, in terms of order ranking, to this is a fools errand.

Yeah, this is consistent with what I THOUGHT the process was. I thought this was like handing out roses on The Bachelor. Doesn't mean we're fvckin'.

Advertisement
Yeah, this is consistent with what I THOUGHT the process was. I thought this was like handing out roses on The Bachelor. Doesn't mean we're fvckin'.

Nah brah, it's not a binary situation, recruiting is fluid... it means that we are still interested and we are still recruiting them. It may mean we probably don't have room and we are recruiting them as a back up plan, or it may reveal the staff's thoughts on a kid over another kid. But it means that the staff hasn't moved on and isn't telling the kid to move on.

Put it this way, the amount of kids that got these are a LOT less than the amount of kids who have verbal Miami offers. Period.

It's just another thinning of the herd. Anyone who tells you differently is a foolish recruiting neophyte that is to be ignored.

Advertisement
For those of you new to this, tons of those things go out. Way more than a school has room for. Even some plan C and plan D guys.

Trying to attach significance, in terms of order ranking, to this is a fools errand.
Exactly. That’s what I thought. In fact…there is no such thing as a “commitable offer”, if I’m not mistaken. Only the LOI in December matters, right?

One thing yall have to keep in mind is that not every recruit is going to post their Officials today, most will, but some won't. Some kids will wait a few days, so before you jump out the window & read too much into who posted what, just remember just because a recruit didn't post his official offer on Twitter yet doesn't mean he doesn't have one.

You have to understand, we gotta do our due diligence & continue to recruit kids that may not be committed or that are committed to other schools just to be on the safe side. Yes, Manny wants the class wrapped up by the end of August right before the start of the season & it most likely will, but never forget crootin' is fluid & anything can happen, therefore you have to always have a backup plan just in case.

So of course we're gonna send out some Officials that would be head scratching at first look, but just keep in context it's more for insurance than anything.

Like Darrell Jackson for instance, as I posted in his thread last week, he recently reached out to Coach Stroud & was highly interested in joining the wave, we told him to wait a bit & that we'll see how things shake out, but he absolutely wanted to to flip, it's just that he doesn't have the greelight right now. But, depending on what happens with Collins he maybe could end up in this class down the stretch if there's still room.

That's what I mean by insurance.

Advertisement
Back