Some info from Clemson's Press Conf. for upcoming UVA game

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Dabo and both coordinators spoke on their upcoming game vs UVa this weekend.

Tony Elliott, on the Clemson offense:

Was asked if Clemson's early season passing success over the middle of the field was a product of what the defense is giving them or Clemson emphasizing that area.

Said it's been a mix of both.

"We have 3x1 sets off play-action and we're getting the tight end involved more."

On his impressions of the the second-team OL upon The Citadel film review:

"I think guys are getting better. Individual guys are getting better, but we've still got to get better collectively."

Said it's "refreshing and encouraging" to see how well the first-team offensive line is playing.

"We felt like coming into this year that this could be one of better offensive lines we've had, and we've had some good ones."

Said Jordan McFadden is "one of the most powerful offensive linemen Clemson has had in a long time."

"Doesn't get out of position, has great technique, and overpowers guys in the run game."

Brent Venables , on Clemson Defense:

Was asked what he's learned about his defense two games into the season: Said most noticeably is guys up front having improved.

"What our identity is, I don't know what that is yet. We are going to find out a lot about our team over the next month or so."

Also said this— "We are not anywhere close to being where I think where we will be at the end of the year."

Clemson starting defensive end Justin Foster has been out since prior to Clemson's first game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back