Some Grad Transfers to look at (OL... and a TE)

BoxingRobes

Junior
Ean Pfeifer, iOL, Vanderbilt. Former basketball player. 2016 All-SEC Freshman Team OL. Injuries kind of derailed him.

Scouting Report as a senior in HS - https://247sports.com/college/vande...atility-smarts-to-the-college-level-29738566/

DaVondre Love, OL, Indiana. Two way lineman in HS. 6'7" 300lbs. HS film showed a little nastiness and movement ability.
https://247sports.com/player/davondre-love-77170/

Jess Trussell, Blocking TE, Purdue. 6'6" 250lbs. Big blocking reserve / special teamer.

Tyler Davis, TE, UConn. 6'4" 245lbs. Led the Huskies in receiving TDs last year. Former QB and WR.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Need 1-2 OL at a minimum. Guys that will at least push Scaife and Campbell to improve and provide some much-needed depth.

i think we could have a good starting 5 next year. my concern is back ups.

Who's going to be the LT? That's my biggest concern as well as the development of the guys we have that need to take big steps forward.

1544105675149.png

Advertisement
You can't rely on grad transfers for starts, but I think you can supplement the bottom of your roster with these types of players. They off-set recruiting mistakes you don't fix.

I don't know if any of the tackles will be anything, but we need at least one upperclassman that has seen snaps on specials and maybe had a few starts to just push and maybe you get more from them. The Venzel Boulware model. I like DaVondre Love from his HS film. He's been in the mix at Indiana. At bare minimum., he's better than George Brown and what Bar Milo would have given you. He can play some specials and push...maybe you get Boulware production from him...which isn't bad. Pfiefer is a bit of an injury flyer but same idea, except he is more of an interior guy. Considering Miami might be guard heavy on freshman, you might want to go for a tackle.

Illinois has a few interior guys that are grad transfers, too (Adam Solomon and Zeke Morris). Not sure I see the fit or need for Miami, however.

At TE. Listen, Jordan and Mallory are great. Right now, we've just got Hodges committed. I don't know what you think of Irvin and Polendy, but all I know is we had ZERO scholarship TEs by the end of the year available and had to use Hillery quite a bit as a blocker. I like Tyler Davis as a pass catcher, and I am sure NFL teams would give him a late look or UDFA look otherwise since he can catch. Trussell as a blocker...well...we need blockers and I think a big, blocker, special teams TE is needed. If you think Polendy is that...cool. But I am not convinced yet.

Advertisement
Back